Widgets Magazine

Thread: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

1. Default Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

I really hope this isn't considered spam, but I have a request for donations and suggestions.

First is the request for donations. If you happen to have any old towels, blankets, linens, etc. that you're not using or want to get rid of, we would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Our animals (especially those who recently had surgery) need something soft and comfy to lay on and old towels are right up their alley! So, if you've recently cleaned out your linen closet and don't know what to do with that old stuff, please PM me, and I'l be happy to pick it up or direct you where to take it.

Next is suggestions (or even donations, if you'd like). We are having a huge Halloween adoption event, and need pumpkins (real ones) for a fund raiser. Do any of you know of someone who would be willing to donate lots of pumpkins or sell them at an obscenely low price? I would be happy to pay for them, but there's only some much money in my coffers.

Thanks to all of you, and I'm sorry if this is a Spam. (I actually don't know what spam is except for a meat by-product.)
    "The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

2. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Sweetdaisy, I would think any of the larger stores such as Wal-mart, Home Depot or Lowes would consider donating pumpkins.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

3. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy View Post
    I really hope this isn't considered spam, but I have a request for donations and suggestions.

First is the request for donations. If you happen to have any old towels, blankets, linens, etc. that you're not using or want to get rid of, we would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Our animals (especially those who recently had surgery) need something soft and comfy to lay on and old towels are right up their alley! So, if you've recently cleaned out your linen closet and don't know what to do with that old stuff, please PM me, and I'l be happy to pick it up or direct you where to take it.

Next is suggestions (or even donations, if you'd like). We are having a huge Halloween adoption event, and need pumpkins (real ones) for a fund raiser. Do any of you know of someone who would be willing to donate lots of pumpkins or sell them at an obscenely low price? I would be happy to pay for them, but there's only some much money in my coffers.

Thanks to all of you, and I'm sorry if this is a Spam. (I actually don't know what spam is except for a meat by-product.)
    I think it's FOOD MADE FROM DOGS!
    Too old NOT to care

4. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

What!

Spam Ingredients:
    • Chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added.
    • Salt (for binding, flavour, and firmness)
    • Water (to help in mixing)
    • Sugar (for flavour)
    • Sodium Nitrite (for colour and as a preservative)

5. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    What!

Spam Ingredients:
    • Chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added.
    • Salt (for binding, flavour, and firmness)
    • Water (to help in mixing)
    • Sugar (for flavour)
    • Sodium Nitrite (for colour and as a preservative)
    Oh Karried, I'm just kidding, of course it isn't dog meat, we eat it in our home, and furthermore, we like it.
    Too old NOT to care

6. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Lol, I like it too, but I used to love potted meat as a kid.. remember that? With extra mayo and Wonder bread.. heaven! Potted meat.. lol

7. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Lol, I like it too, but I used to love potted meat as a kid.. remember that? With extra mayo and Wonder bread.. heaven! Potted meat.. lol
    Call me maladjusted, but I love Miracle Whip (not mayo) and soft, fresh white bread sandwiches, with nothing else on it. Top that off with a Pepsi over ice, sneak on the TV, sit where you can see if the parents are driving in and enjoy the best 30 minutes of the day, (when you get off the bus and walk in the door and the world is yours, even for such a little while) Sorry, I got carried away
    Too old NOT to care

8. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

I simply loved dipping Fritos into the potted meat...yum!
    Too old NOT to care

9. Default Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

OMG! Potted meat is soooo icky! Grandmama & Karried, you two are cracking me up!
    "The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to them: that’s the essence of inhumanity." -George Bernard Shaw

10. Talking Re: Donations, etc for OKC Animal Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy View Post
    OMG! Potted meat is soooo icky! Grandmama & Karried, you two are cracking me up!
    When I hear the words "potted meat", I immediately think of Billy Bob Thornton's character in Sling Blade:

"I'd like some potted meat and sodie crackers"

Thread Information