Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible Pizza

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Incredible Pizza

I doubt ChuckECheese will see a huge drop in business. Incredible Pizza typically attracts a different crowd than ChuckECheese. ChuckECheese is geared more for younger children, whereas Incredible Pizza is geared more for older children and adolescents.

Still, it's a free market economy, so if ChuckECheese does take a hit, they always have the option to expand!

cbduo Guest

Just a quick note. . .ChuckECheese in Springfield did have to expand! Not to brag or anything. . .LOL! I'm a little biased! Looking forward to moving. . .my husband and I are coming down on the 28th of the month to house hunt. Looking for something north of the store. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Only renting!

I drove by yesterday, the front of the building was finally painted, bright blue, i hope they are going to add to it. I was able to sneak a peak into the front of the store, it looked fairly cavernous and still needed alot of work. It appeared dry wall was fixing to go up. CBDuo do you know if they are going to paint the entire building and also tear down the old fencing from the walmart garden center area??

cbduo Guest

I'll know more after Monday. But I do know the entire building should be blue and there will be several pillars on the front of the buiding with lights. A huge Incredible sign also will go on the front of the building above the front doors. I'm pretty sure the fencing will be tore down but not positive. We open on the 12th of May. Construction is right on target. Our Job Fair will be April 30th pass the word on!

5. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Talked to hubby, the new store front ( refacing ) will be started on Tuesday...... the Walmart fencing will be addressed in the near future - hopefully (?) Phase 2 will include a skating rink and laser tag. Can't wait until May 12th - cbduo - did you find your house?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Patrick Guest

Is Incredible Pizza still planning on leasing part of the building out to someone else, or are they going to use the entire space? I'm hoping they'll use the entire space in Phase II.

I just hope the parking lot is big enough!!!!

cbduo Guest

Incredible Pizza is indeed leasing out the old walmart garden side. We will not use that portion in our floor plan.

I drove by last Thursday and the sign was going up. It also appeared alot of the front facade was done too.

Jay Guest

Click on the link below If you would like to see photos of the new Warr Acres Incredible Pizza. I will post updated photos at least once a week or when something new is in place.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showp.../cat/500/page/

cbduo Guest

oklacity75 . . . Please email these photos to me for our company scap book. carriemaire@yahoo.com. Still look for a house not have much luck. Anyone have a rental house for around $900.00 a month 3bedroom or 4?

Patrick Guest

Drove by Incredible Pizza over the weekend. The place is looking fabulous. I can't wait to see inside. This will be one awesome addition to the OKC market.

cbduo, I'll keep an eye out for you for houses.

Jay Guest

Hello folks.....I took some new photos of Incredible Pizza on Friday. Things are really coming along on the outside. If the weather cooperates I think the outside will be done in a couple of weeks.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showg...500&ppuser=581

These pics will be available as soon as they are approved by the mods.

I just hope all is going well on the inside. I will take a few pictures every Friday or Saturday until they complete the outside.

I think everyone in the city will enjoy this place. I expect them to have a record turnout especially since the opening is near the end of the school year.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but, I think the one in Tulsa held lockins. If the Oklahoma City location does this you can gurantee every church youth group will be lining up to use this place. Even if they do not hold lockouts. I can imagine churches will be planning many youth outings to Incredible Pizza.

Jay Guest

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showp...cat/500/page/1
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Incredible Pizza rolling into town with bowling, other games

By Tricia Pemberton
    Business Writer

Danny Mullen stopped midtour this week to try out a new bowling lane in the Incredible Pizza franchise he is building with partner L.R. (Robin) French III.

Mullen's shot curved in a wide arc before knocking down about five pins. By May 12 -- opening day -- he hopes to be hitting strikes.

Mullen and French are opening Incredible Pizza's first franchise in the state at 5833 Northwest Expressway in Warr Acres. A company-owned store opened in August in Tulsa.

The franchisees said they've spent about $5 million transforming about 69,000 square feet of a former Wal-Mart building into a restaurant and entertainment center, complete with bowling alley, miniature golf, arcade games, go-karts and bumper cars.

April 30, the two will hold a one-day job fair to hire about 260 employees, the majority full time, Mullen said.

Fifteen of the positions will be managers, who will be paid commensurate with other top restaurant management jobs in this area, he said. In a previous interview, Mullen said managers could make between $60,000 and $80,000 annually.

Mullen and French own the franchise rights for Incredible Pizzas from Phoenix to Miami, Fla. They have plans to open about 35 stores. They are building their second location in Houston, where they are based.

The two previously lived in Oklahoma -- Mullen played football for the University of Oklahoma in 1969, and French worked in the energy business here from 1976 to 1989.

Other Oklahoma investors are Aubrey McClendon and Tom Ward of Oklahoma City and Boone Pickens, a native of Holdenville.

"We're really proud that our first franchise store will be here in Oklahoma," Mullen said.

The city of Warr Acres has bent over backwards to help the pair secure the property and wade through the permit process, Mullen said. Even so, Incredible Pizza will open about three months behind the original projection.

As he stood in the midst of construction crews laying carpet and painting walls this week and contemplated hiring more than 200 employees in the space of a few days, French remained dubious about the impending opening.

But Rick and Cheryl Barsness, the founders of Incredible Pizza and the owners of the one in Tulsa and the original store in Springfield, Mo., were in town to allay such fears.

"It gets done and it works great. You'll see," Cheryl Barsness said.

Cheryl Barsness is overseeing all interior decor, which includes a Route 66 theme that carries through the 14-lane bowling alley and the miniature golf course. The 125-game arcade will resemble a fairgrounds midway, and the go-kart area will be painted to look like grandstands.

There also are four themed dining rooms: a drive-in movie theater, a '50s diner, a sock-hop gymnasium and a "Leave it to Beaver" living room, plus multiple party rooms.

"A big part of our business is parties. They average 150 parties a week in Tulsa," Mullen said.

Barsness isn't worried that his nearest competitor, Chuck E. Cheese's, is just down the street.

"Our primary market is different. We go for five to 15-year-olds and mom and dad. They focus on a younger crowd."

Then there's the food. Mullen said his kitchens will be capable of making 700 pizzas an hour to be served alongside a 120-item salad-bar buffet, and the price for the buffet will be $5.99 for ages 12 and over, $4.99 for six- to 11-year-olds, $2.99 for ages four and five and free for those three and younger.

"Our focus is on making great food. People come for the food, then stay for the games," he said.

Incredible Pizzas all are smoke and alcohol-free.

Mullen said the Incredible Pizza in Tulsa is averaging 17,000 to 18,000 customers a week. He hopes to match that in his store.

Jay Guest

Default Incredible Pizza is Complete

This will be the final Incredible pizza photo update. The only thing left on the outside is striping the parking lot and maybe adding a few cosmetic touches. I think you can get the general idea where the cosmetic touches will be when you see the photo. Enjoy........

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/showp...sort/1/cat/500

Default Re: Incredible Pizza is Complete

You may want to mention that the "exterior" is complete and not the entire project as the title may lead one to belive. I'm curious as to why they used the words "fair grounds" as an attraction? This thread also could of been posted in the existing Incredible Pizza thread to save valuable space.

16. Default Re: Incredible Pizza is Complete

May 10 - Private Grand Opening - so it is pretty close to being complete inside and out .......

Indoor go-karts, bowling center, bumper cars, mini - golf and 100 video and redemption games, all family friendly....fairgrounds? not sure about....

Jay Guest

Default Re: Incredible Pizza is Complete

The fairgrounds is the name of the game area that has the go karts, video games bowling, etc. etc.

18. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Anyone visited here yet?

19. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

I may for lunch next week. It is about a mile west of Dell's current location. I would rather take a date for lunch or dinner there, however.

20. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

It's awesome... I attended both Pre-View parties and it is such a cool place. The kids loved it, the food was surprising good and I will have all my kids birthday parties there. The place is huge!

The mini golf was fun for the kids, they loved the bowling with awesome music video screens playing music while you bowl. The race cars were popular and the mini bumber cars were so fun for the littleones.

One room has cartoons running while you eat and the others are themed for the 50's. It is really a great place. The staff were wonderful!! Great service, welcoming atmosphere and a fun ambience... I loved it.

Default Incredible Pizza

Went there this weekend. It's good if you don't mind all the little ones yelling their heads off. The buffet is $6.99 on the weekends but you have to buy a water/drink at a cost of .99 cents. I personally don't think they should force you to buy a drink or water. The buffet was good, choice of about 10 pizzas or so (better than CiCi's IMO) they have a baked potato bar, breadsticks, cheesesticks, pastas, salad bar, and a decent sized dessert bar. The pizza slices are a little small but that is probably because of the kiddos. It's all you can eat so that is really not a deterrent. They have 3 dining rooms that I noticed, a 50's style diner, a 60's style living room, or a gymnasium that had a theater in it, similar to the old Crystal's pizza but not nearly as nice. The food was good. They have an arcade with indoor bumper cars, mini golf, go-carts, games, and more. They even have about 6 lanes of bowling (the blacklight version) and they also had about the same of mini-bowling (shorter lanes and smaller bowling balls). The arcade, golf, go-carts, and bumper cars were kind of lame as they were too confined and small. I was impressed with the bowling, but this is coming from a twentysomething kid so don't mind me. It's a good place to take kids!

Patrick Guest

I also think Incredible Pizza is pretty nice, but I will warn you, it is noisy. You really can't compare it to Crystals. This place is much larger. Going inside just to see how they fit everything under one roof is interesting enough in and by itself.

I agree, its definetely not Crystal's. Larger and noisier and probably more fun for the kids but us older kids defintely can appreciate the nostalgia and history that was Crystal's Pizza. Can't beleive they tore it down for a boxy Chili's.

24. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Incredible Pizza is fine for the Kids, but there are not enough games and the adults really need a place to play.

We need a Dave and Busters

http://www.daveandbusters.com

25. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Yeah Dave and Busters would be nice. I have been to the one in San Antonio for a work function a few years back.

I took my children to incredible pizza about a month ago. We had to stand in line forever just to get in. I did enjoy the food and the kids had a great time... but there was just too many people there for me. It made me very nervous the entire time.

Is there ever a time that it isn't that busy? Probably in the middle of the week during work hours. : (
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

Thread Information