Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible Pizza

swake Guest

Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Parking is terrible.

The location was one of the those "BigK" Kmarts, so it has a lot of parking but there was no parking in the lot either time I was there. The location is surrounded by another shopping center and a Burger King in the front and you have to park out in these areas.

I'm guessing it will be busier in the winter than in the summer. Their competition probably will be Celebration Station who has all the outdoor rides.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cbduo
    Hey Guys . . . Sorry I've not keep you all up to date . . . been real busy with new stores. We open in Warr Acres on May 19th (mark your calendars). Job fair will be on May 7th if anyone is interested or has teenagers interested. We are scheduled to open seven stores this year . . . we are just booming.

Thanks for the info on that apartment. I've got little ones so I think I'll look else where. I'm thinking of going for a house instead of an apartment. I bet I'll have a better chance of finding something.

I'm getting so excited about moving up there. My husband and I are planning a trip in March to come a look around. My husband is scheduled to move in April. He's the Director of Entertainment and I'm scheduled sometime in May.
    Glad to hear you're so excited about moving to OKC. As with any big city, OKC has its good parts and bad. Try to head down to Bricktown and downtown if you get a chance.

I'm glad you decided against those Springbrook apartments. They seem like a good deal for what you're getting, but the complex just isn't that great. It's kind of weird, because that's actually a pretty good part of town, it's just that complex isn't too good. All of the complexes off Wilshire and NW Expressway, with the exception of Boardwalk, are also not so great...in fact, they've had some shootings along Lyrewood Lane in the past. I wouldn't advise anyone to live around that area. Funny thing is, all of the neighborhoods around there are very high end. I guess that's what keeps the area up.

Looking for a house in that area should be okay! I really can't think of any bad housing additions in that area.

Thanks again for the update. We're looking forward to the opening of Incredible Pizza.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swake
    Parking is terrible.

The location was one of the those "BigK" Kmarts, so it has a lot of parking but there was no parking in the lot either time I was there. The location is surrounded by another shopping center and a Burger King in the front and you have to park out in these areas.

I'm guessing it will be busier in the winter than in the summer. Their competition probably will be Celebration Station who has all the outdoor rides.
    Fortunately, for us, the parking lot around the Warr Acres Wal-Mart on NW Expressway was huge, larger than parking lots at most Wal-Marts. I never understood why Wal-Mart built such a big parking lot at that. They never even came close to filling it. Wal-Mart was set back quite a ways off NW Expressway. That might explain the large lot. Anyways, from the way it sounds, having a parking lot that large will be a plus for our Incredible Pizza.

I'm just glad to see another empty big box filled!

cbduo Guest

Patrick -- I'm not the kind of person to drive downtown in a big city but my husband is so we'll be visiting Bricktown as soon as we get there. He's going to be like a child on christmas with a new present. He's going to keep us busy on his day off.

I've been worried about the parking in Warr Acres, so it's good to hear that it's big. Tulsa is unreal. On Saturday people are waiting over an hour to get in. And our President has estimated that Warr Acres will do twice the business as Tulsa because of the demographics. I think that makes me a little nervous about going. Can't wait to see the place for myself.

5. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

CBDuo, here is a wonderful website for school comparisons: www.greatschools.net

This is another company that my husband is project manager for some of the subs.. we will be at both of the Grand Opening parties so maybe we will get to meet some of you going to this event. I'm looking forward to that - CB, I have a first grader (boy) maybe our children can meet up.

Good luck on your search... welcome to OK!

cbduo Guest

Thank you for the welcome. I should be at the front of the store for both parties so please do come and say hi. So do you know the owners of the store? Robin French is a great buisness man and his team is fantastic so this store will be great. Our interior designer said that this store will be his favorite one. My kindergartener is a boy also so he'll be excited to meet some new friends.

7. Smile Re: Incredible Pizza

Hi again CB, no, I don't know the owners. My husband has worked on this project in a construction estimator/project manager capacity. He hasn't worked with the actual Incredible Pizza staff. He has met some of the team I believe but I don't know about the owners.

I think this company is on the verge of becoming really successful... I'm excited for it to come to OK.

I can't wait for it to open, because the kids will have a blast - let's get the kids together. I have two boys -one older -age 11. Maybe they can meet at the Grand Opening.

Anyway, good luck in your rental search, if you were purchasing I could help you out more but rentals I don't have much access to. Were you able to open greatschools.net? Tons of info there and it will help you pick an area to move. Putnam City schools are highly rated, Deer Creek, Oakdale, Edmond School Districts are some that you might research. There are many more good schools but these are some that I am most familiar with. Check it out, let me know if you need any help or have questions. Take care, Karrie :-)
    Last edited by Karried; 02-15-2005 at 02:11 PM. Reason: ?

cbduo Guest

Constuction! That makes since! Maybe when I'm up there before the opening we can set up a time for you guys to walk through. That way you can see everything before it's jammed backed. I have a stepson that is 10. He won't be at the parties but will be coming down for the summer soon after. I've pretty much decided on the Putnam City schools but I'll look into the other. Thanks so much! Look forward to meeting a friendly face! Carolynn

9. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Thanks CB, that would be fun, actually hubby is there quite often checking the progress but nothing fun there yet for us :-)

Your 10 year old will be just perfect this summer! That's the perfect age combo for us! My boys are into X-Box, Bionicles, swimming, rollerskating, skate boarding, movies, Cartoon Network, you name it, they like it.

I wanted to also send you a website www.reply.com - click on Real Estate and then compare cities. That might help you as well when determining where you want to live. If you want to email me personally - karrie@churchillbrown.com and I'll ask around for any rentals or leasing at the office.

Take care, Karrie

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cbduo
    Constuction! That makes since! Maybe when I'm up there before the opening we can set up a time for you guys to walk through. That way you can see everything before it's jammed backed. I have a stepson that is 10. He won't be at the parties but will be coming down for the summer soon after. I've pretty much decided on the Putnam City schools but I'll look into the other. Thanks so much! Look forward to meeting a friendly face! Carolynn
    Hey CB....some of us might interested in gonig through a walk thru with you before the store opens. That would great if you could take 2 or 3 of us on a grand tour!

Hey, I think the PC Schools schould be okay for you guys. They're pretty decent, with the exception of the poorer PC School Hilldale Elementary. All of the others are good, many even being Blue Ribbon Schools.
    I'd recommend finding a house in the Ralph Down Elementary area if you can. It's one of the newer PC elementary schools! One of the better ones, in my opinion.

cbduo Guest

Thanks for the tips on the PC schools. Where is Ralph Down Elementary located?

I'm in advertsing sales and I called on the Incredible Pizza marketing guy. I have to say that I will go there simply based on the fact that he was such a nice guy. I call people all the time and get voice mail. Rarely do I get a response in a timely manner even if it's just to say no or maybe later. He called me back that day and was very polite and nice. It was so refreshing to have someone return a phone call even if they had no news for you. I want in on that opening party. May have to give him another call, lol.

cbduo Guest

Thanks for the nice words. . . he's my boss! You have made his day! Which was going a little rough today. His email is jsherrill@incrediblepizza.com and he'd like you to email him your name and address so he can personally invite you to the opening parties. Thanks! My life is easier when he has a good day (LOL)

K Mac Guest

I took my family to the Tulsa location last weekend & was very impressed with that store! The help really seemed to have the chaos there under control! My 11 year old & her friend went into stimulation overload instantly!I am in Janitorial Sales & can supply the touchless restroom products for your location. Who can I get in touch with to discuss things? Any help would be appreciated!

cbduo Guest

Larry Abbe, President of Incredible Pizza Company. He's usually in Springfield 417-887-3030 ext. 18 but he travels alot between all three locations. I believe he'll be in Springfield tomorrow. If you don't get a hold of him you can try ext. 4 and have a cashier transfer you. He's reelly busy with the store opening. He might even catch him onsite, but I'd try Springfield first. Let me know how it goes.

16. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Ralph Downs Elementary
    7501 W. Hefner Road
    Oklahoma City, OK 73162
    Oklahoma County
    Phone: (405) 721-4431

CB, you should go to greatschools.net - and compare schools, it is a wonderful place to get test scores, demographics and parent reviews... see you soon...Karrie

K Mac Guest

Thanks for your help today cbduo, unfortunately for me suppliers are locked in . It looks like everything is coming along well onsite , I can't wait to see it open! I must agree with Asta 2 everyone I dealt with today including Larry were very cordial & informative. Definately a very top notch company , glad to have ya'll as a part of our community!

Patrick Guest

Ralph Downs Elementary is probably the nicest simply because it's the newest. It feeds into Kenneth Cooper Middle School, one of the new middle schools, which feeds into PC North, the newest high school. I'd probably say though that most of the PC Schools are decent. I'd probably stay away from Hilldale, but that's over in the south Warr Acres area anyways, far away from Incredible Pizza.

I'm sure you've already done so, but if not, check out the PC Schools website: http://www.putnamcityschools.org/

19. Talking Re: Incredible Pizza

Won't go to Incredible Pizza. I have an aversion to 1950's music, which I heard they play over the speaker.

Jay Guest

The fifties music is only in the dining room. They play XM's 50's on 5.

In the game area they play christian music videos. I have to admit they were actually pretty good to listen to. They played rap, pop and rock it just had a christian flavor to the lyrics.

Patrick Guest

It's good to hear that they have a variety of music to listen to. Although I'm not a big fan of 50's music, I'm not opposed to listening to it. I'd say variety would be the key to attracting people of all ages to Incredible Pizza.

By the way, I noticed today that the support for the sign on NW Expressway is now in place.

cbduo Guest

I have checked out the website. Very well put together. I'll keep that area in mind when looking for a house. The upped the opening of the store. We now open to the general public one week sooner on Thursday May 12th.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse
    Won't go to Incredible Pizza. I have an aversion to 1950's music, which I heard they play over the speaker.
    Oh... it'll be no differant from the "Boomerang" excessively themed restaurants!

24. Default Re: Incredible Pizza

Wow, I saw the inside of the building yesterday and this thing is going to be massive! It is coming together so nicely!

They have a mini race track, bowling areas, party rooms, enormous ball pit/play areas, huge arcade areas - nothing is really in place yet but you can see where things are going to be. The paint is colorful and bright -the kids will be in heaven! I feel sorry for ChuckECheese down the street and poor McDonald's playland across the street will take a hit. I think this will be a wonderful success for OKC. I can't wait until the grand opening.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

xrayman Guest

Based in Springfield! That's a very nice little city. Every time I go there I am amazed at all the chain restaurants for a city of that size. I later found out why. Springfield, according to their chamber, is the new "Peoria". Peoria, IL was once the test market capitol of the country because it epitomized the target demographics of retail and restaurants. Well, times change - that title now belongs to Springfield. New stores. concepts, menus, etc are very often rolled out first in Springfield, MO.....explains a lot!

Thread Information