Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Skirvin Hotel

Default Re: Hilton Skirvin Hotel

Dang hope they got rid of the bedbugs. He also seen a naked effie !

They are completely closing starting tomorrow; reopen date TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are completely closing starting tomorrow; reopen date TBD.
    Saw a hotels.com commercial last night that said "Just Stay Home", so if *they're* saying that, man... I'm guessing this is the first of many that's going to close.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Dang hope they got rid of the bedbugs. He also seen a naked effie !
    How long has it been since Kyrie Irving stayed there...

Kyrie brought his own bed bugs:

Good night!
    Sleep tight!
    Don't let the dead bite!

"I felt alright," Irving said after the game. "Our team said I was out with flu-like symptoms. It was honestly from the bed bugs from the frickin' Hilton that we stayed at. As you can see, I got it at the top of my head, it's just like bed bugs and I didn't get any sleep. We came into the game, then I was freaked out, then I started feeling nauseous so it was just a whole bunch of BS honestly. Coming into today I got a lot of rest and felt better."

How many bed bugs did you eat without sleep that made you feel nauseous...

Wait... hotels are an "essential" business.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    that doesn't stop them from making the choice to close

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    But I believe you need to show proof of an "essential reason" in order to stay in an OKC hotel, at least I thought I read or saw that comment after Stitt gave his press release.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    But I believe you need to show proof of an "essential reason" in order to stay in an OKC hotel, at least I thought I read or saw that comment after Stitt gave his press release.
    It all seems fairly difficult to enforce regardless. It’s probably the right thing to do if you’re the governor but it’s going to be up to the people to abide by it.

Paddyshack and Phi Alpha... I haven't heard that. I just read in the Memorandum that all hotels are deemed "essential." I guess a hotel could close due to poor sales (I have seen this in other cities), but there is no catch about people showing proof of an "essential reason" to book a room there. I am guessing the Skirvin is closing due to poor sales and too low of a dip in their revenue.

I'm coming back from Seattle, it would suck if my motel closed, but they were at 80 percent vacant last week

From their FB page:

Dear Skirvin Hilton Hotel Guest:

The Skirvin Hilton Hotel will be closed effective 12 pm, Thursday, March 26th.

As a Skirvin Hilton guest, your safety and comfort is of the utmost importance to us. In order to do our part to help “flatten the curve,” we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our doors at Skirvin Hilton, effective 12 pm, Thursday, March 26th. We will be providing updated information on the status of our temporary closure moving forward, via email and social media.

For guests with arrivals through April 30th, we will automatically cancel your reservation and provide a full refund to your original form of payment. However, please be patient as it may take up to 10 business days for the credit to be processed. Given the continuously evolving situation, we will further assess the status of reservations for guests arriving May 1st and beyond.

From their FB page:
    If your going to shutdown and go into hibernation to save money, you might as well say its for your customers personal safety.

13. Default Re: Hilton Skirvin Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    If your going to shutdown and go into hibernation to save money, you might as well say its for your customers personal safety.
    Why do you assume they're doing it for money only, though if if you don't have money to operate that's certainly a reason.

I know plenty of people closing businesses, even ones that could be open, because they are trying to flatten the curve.

I have it on a pretty solid basis that a group of buyers are already considering purchasing the Skirvin. Stay tuned :-)

16. Default Re: Hilton Skirvin Hotel

So they closed closed? Like not temporary?

Blog Entries

Post Re: Hilton Skirvin Hotel

Our core hotels (Renaissance Marriott, 21c Museum Hotel, Hilton Skirvin, Sheraton, Courtyard by Marriott) are poised to benefit from potential bookings at the Omni & new Oklahoma City convention center supported by the convention center garage; once we get past the Covid-19 pandemic.

We'll see what events, conventions, trade shows & large gatherings, including the Bennett Events Center @ State Fair Park and the Meridian Hotel Corridor will offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    So they closed closed? Like not temporary?
    I was told just until the virus situation lifts.

I have a friend that work(ed) at the Skirving and he said they room occupied count was minimal. Luckily, the Skirvin is doing the right things, paying out sick and vacation time and insurance while they are closed. He said a few weeks ago, they only have eight occupied rooms. Sunday morning is usually the biggest checkout time with over 125 on a normal Sunday and it was down to about 40 last week,

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I have a friend that work(ed) at the Skirving and he said they room occupied count was minimal. Luckily, the Skirvin is doing the right things, paying out sick and vacation time and insurance while they are closed. He said a few weeks ago, they only have eight occupied rooms. Sunday morning is usually the biggest checkout time with over 125 on a normal Sunday and it was down to about 40 last week,
    Sadly, they just lost their GM, who was a very nice guy if you ever got a chance to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Sadly, they just lost their GM, who was a very nice guy if you ever got a chance to meet him.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...96#post1112096

I was told just until the virus situation lifts.
    I really wonder what it means for the situation to "lift." COVID-19 seems to be a 12-18 month event that will come in waves and there are a spectrum of guidelines/policies/practices that range from stay-at-home orders (high end) to masks and social distancing (low end). I guess the question is, how many people will book hotels on the low end over the next 12-18 months? At the very least, I know my own travel will be cut down dramatically over the next year and we usually travel a lot. I think adaptation is key, but I also hope it's enough.

Hotel employees will start coming back to work at the end of the month and the hotel will be open for guests beginning June 15th.

Looks like they pushed back their reopening until June 22nd.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/SkirvinHiltonOK/...25046788407297

The Skirvin Hilton Hotel is happy to announce our doors will reopen on June 22nd. While our doors were closed, we focused our efforts on the implementation of Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection program. We are ready and excited to share our world-class hospitality with you.

Thread Information