Widgets Magazine

Thread: Help remembering old radio personalities

captwmd Guest

Default Help remembering old radio personalities

Hello and how's the HEAT there in OKC.

I live in Detroit, Michigan and was stationed down at Tinker AFB, OK back in 1983-86.

I have a piece of nostalgia that I hope someone might be able to help me with, although it is probably doubtful. I used to laugh a lot from listening to a radio station there where the daytime personalities used to do some hilarious routines that they would replay several times during the day.

Unfortunately I don't recall the station call sign or the names of the morning personalities. The only thing I do remember is that one of them did excellent impersonations of Mr. Haney from the old TV show 'Green Acres' and they also did funny fake commercial spoofs pretending to be a car dealership with ridiculous car salesmen making outrageous sales pitches. They did a lot of other characters of course but of course, I don't recall them. I don't know how long they were on the airways but I do recall they were popular and I remember they were active at least during the years I was in listening in Oklahoma from 1983 to 1985.

I know I'm not providing much in the way of information to identify the station and who the morning personalities were, but I'm hoping that someone on this site will remember these guys and the station they were on back then and perhaps even more of where the rest of their careers took them. These guys were very good and probably had record albums released either under their names or the radio station, I hope.

Anyways, just thought I'd take a chance and see if anyone else remembers the laffs and smiles that these guys provided their listeners and that their acts or routines might be available somehow.

Have a nice day and thanks for any help.
    (note: This was also posted in the Welcome/introduction forum first)

Thanks,
    CaptWMD

Default Re: Help remembering old radio personalities

What type of music did the station play? Rock, Country, Pop, Oldies

captwmd Guest

I believe it was pop but it could have been rock or a mix. Ahhh, such is my memory, LOL. I used to jump around from station to station so I can't really say although it wasn't country.

It was probably Shannon and the Breakfast Flakes on KJ103.

Mark Shannon is not on the air at the moment but, he is keeping a blog at:

www.markshannon.com

If it was not him, he might know who it was because he was on KJ103 for several years during the 80's. What your talking about sounds like his type of material.

There is one morning crew that does the Mr. Haney bit.

Lynn and Bill in the Morning.

http://www.kkng.com/engine/emw.exe/*...1&lktype=6&pst=

captwmd Guest

Thank you for the possibilities to check out.
    Are you a fan of those you mentioned?
    I'll check out the links you provided but do you know if they or the stations had recordings released back then.

Thanks so much.

Thread Information