Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the info. And I said "year or so" based on Martin's post that said they opened in 1984 and Cocina de Mino took over in 1986.
    Read Martin's post again, they opened in 1986 and Ted's moved there in 1991, so that's between four and five years. I honestly don't know how long we ate there, but I do know I where I was (work) between 1985 and 1987 and I was eating there regularly because they were very convenient for lunch. I was just South of Baptist hospital.
    C. T.

2. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Heh, I see the problem - I'm talking about May Cafe and you're talking about Cocina De Mino.

3. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Heh, I see the problem - I'm talking about May Cafe and you're talking about Cocina De Mino.
    Got me on that one! What is/where is(was)/when is "May Cafe"?
    C. T.

4. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Got me on that one! What is/where is(was)/when is "May Cafe"?
    C. T.
    According to Martin's article, was where Cocina De Mino was and Ted's is. Guess they went out of business, and Cocina De Mino moved in, hadn't heard of them until I read Martin's article.

Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Press release:

Local Favorite to Remodel Edmond Restaurant Ted’s Cafe Escondido will add full bar with seating

EDMOND, OKLA. - Ted’s Café Escondido has announced plans to completely remodel their location at 801 E Danforth in Edmond. The Danforth location was the second Ted’s location to be opened, twelve years after the original Ted’s location at NW 68th and May Avenue.

“We recognized the need to invest in our infrastructure and stay current with our guests’ expectations. We have developed a vast cocktail menu over the past year to go far beyond the margarita and beer menu we have been known for in the past, and we’re excited to introduce our new offerings to our guests in Edmond.” said Ted’s Vice President of Operations, David Foxx.

“With the edition of a seat-yourself bar and the refreshed cocktail menu, we’re giving our guests a place to relax and enjoy their drinks, as well as our made from scratch food.” Construction will begin on Monday, August 12 and expected completion is Sunday, August 25.

During this time, Ted’s Taco Truck will be in the parking lot of the Danforth location and will be selling select menu items from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 4:30p.m. to 8:00 p.m. each day while the location is closed for remodeling.

The restaurant will reopen on Monday, August 26th with a ribbon cutting courtesy of the Edmond Chamber of Commerce. A two-week long grand re-opening celebration will follow with daily giveaways, as well as the option to register to win a $500 Ted’s gift card.

“We want to remind our guests how important they are to us, and what better way than here, where we got our start,” said Foxx.

“These giveaways are just a little token of our appreciation and a way for us to let our guests celebrate our success alongside our team.”

Updates on the remodel will be shared on the Ted’s social media accounts throughout the process.

Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

this line gave me brain cancer:

"With the edition of a seat-yourself bar..."

Thread Information