Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted's Cafe Escondido

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Talking Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Ted This is Darling Diva~

I just want to let you know this is one wierd occurance above here.Majority of people still love ya!I know I do.I do not think you are ripping people off and I also KNOW every time we go we get nothing but the best service and food at the north and south locations.We the Mods here at Okc Talk continue to have our monthly meeting at your north locations and we are always more than content.just wanted to let you know that SOME of us think you always have and always will do an outstanding job!!

DD

Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Ted,

Thank you so much for the immediate and overwhelming response. I'm extremely impressed.

My girlfriend and I visited your south location and were treated to a wonderful meal with exceptional service. The quality of everything: chips, salsa, quac, entrees, was twice as good as our ill-fated last visit. We dined in the Annex that time, if that has any relevance.

Your hospitality and attention to detail and world-class customer service have literally blown me away. You do things the right way and I guess I just was unlucky and hit you on a freak night the last time I visited.

We really enjoyed the layout of your new location. Great staff, clean, comfortable dining room. Convivial atmosphere, music, etc.

The food was very, very good tonight as well.

I would recommend to anyone who has not done so yet to visit the new Ted's on South Western.

Patrick Guest

Ted, I suppose any restaurant can have its "issues" if you go at the wrong time, but I know you're always a pure perfectionist when it comes to running your restaurants, and I applaud you for that. If there is a problem, I know it doesn't take you long to get on it. I'm sure the experiences soonerguru had were purely a mishap, but as always, I appreciate you for getting on top of the issues.

DarlingDiva is right...the mods (myself included) had our meeting at your northside restaurant again this past month, and the food was great. Even moreso though, I must say the service is second to none. Never have I been somewhere and the cheese, salsa, chips, and tortillas keep coming out like at Ted's. Other restaurants tend to skimp on those offerings.

I don't deny anything soonerguru said....I'm just saying the way you typically run your business, it was probably merely a mishap.

By the way, I've also noticed that your prices are higher than other restaurants. For example, a plate of enchiladas at your restaurant runs $11-12 whereas you can get the same thing at Pablano or Chelinos for $7-8. But, I really don't think their service compares to yours. Also, as I said, you don't skimp on the extras, whereas other restaurants do. I think the extra price is worth it for what you're getting.

Keep up the great work.

Patrick Guest

I'd also recommend the Edmond location. The northside location seems more casual, and quaint, (great after along day) whereas the Edmond location seems more upscale. I've never been to the southside location, so I can't comment there.

Seems like all 3 Ted's restaurants offer a sligtly different atmosphere.

5. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

I am glad there are still some business owners who address complaints.

It seems whenever I lodge a complaint, I get the brush off. All this causes is for me to never return. When I complain, be it about the fact some rude person hogged the parking lane, stalling traffic for 15 minutes (it has happened more than once) just to get that space ten feet closer to the building, or a rude employee, or the time I got food poisining at a Dallas area restaurant, I want to be heard, and I want proof of the action taken. I do not accept a person saying "I'm sorry, I'll take care of it." Show me. Prove it. Earn my return. However, by all means DO NOT IGNORE ME! I will never be back if you do. And if the problem reoccurs within a short time, I will not be back.

I applaud you Ted. I usually do not do Mexican because I do not like cheese, but if you serve something without, I will certainly try your place with the confidence that if I run into a problem, it will be addressed... And I proudly boast about the people on this board. I have told people of Ted's membership to OKC Talk on more than one occasion.

I remember some friends at church bragging about how good Ted's was and then after reading the forum, I decided to give it a try. The decor was nice and everything about the food was top rate. The most pleasing surprise was the service, the last time I had service that good was at Mickey Mantle's. This was at the north resturant and now I can fully understand all the praise everyone is giving them. I'll definitely be back.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by workman45
    I remember some friends at church bragging about how good Ted's was and then after reading the forum, I decided to give it a try. The decor was nice and everything about the food was top rate. The most pleasing surprise was the service, the last time I had service that good was at Mickey Mantle's. This was at the north resturant and now I can fully understand all the praise everyone is giving them. I'll definitely be back.
    I think what makes Ted's so good is that Ted is a pure perfectionist. If you ever have a complaint with one his restaurants, simply tell him, and you'll not only get a free meal, the problem will be dealt with immediately. You can't say that about a lot of restaurant owners.

I'll admit, Ted's isn't the only Mexican restaurant I eat at....I like several. But, the service at Ted's and the quality of food offered there is always superb.

Keep the cheese, salsa, chips, and tortillas coming please!

Patrick Guest

Since I split the thread, here's the post mydalmationis8 made on Ted's and mexican restaurants:

Quote Originally Posted by mydalmationis8
    There are a number of decent Mexican restaurants in OKC. Ted's Escondido, Abuelo's, the south side Chelino's, etc. If you want a variety of salsas, try the Iguana Lounge on North Western (north of 63rd). OKC's best undiscovered Mexican restaurant is, IMHO, The Adobe Grill at 51st & N. Shartel (in the Shartel Shopping Center).
    Although Ted has not replied to the question, I suspect he has serious reservations about opening a Ted's in Norman. You can't swing a stick in Norman without hitting a Mexican restaurant. The numerous competitors for dining dollars may make Ted's not as competitive, pricewise, as the other restaurants even if the quality is better.

Sooner&RiceGrad Guest

The Nino's at S. Western is now offering coupons. I always hated that place. I have only been to the new location on the south side of town once, as opposed to the NW Expy for lunch everyday nearly,but both are just as good. How good is that?

Mexican-food-so-good-it'll-make-you-cry good.

nurfe75 Guest

Have to say I agree w/ Midtowner about Ted's. It's good, but it isn't worth waiting 2 hours for when you have Laredo's or San Marco's (off 39th and May) within a few minutes drive. Both Laredo's and San Marco's equal Ted's quality--just w/o the hype. And I hate hype

11. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

The anniversary party was the first time I had eaten at Ted's. Thumper had eaten there about four times before.

To be frank, I found the food to be no better than the other Mexican places. However, the service was very good.

Will I eat there again? Probably.

MadMonk Guest

Ted's is awesome. I've eaten there for years and when family comes to town that is where they request we go eat - every time. I have family members on the east coast raving about the food there.

With that aside, has anyone tried Poblano Grill on NW Expressway? They have a decent lunch and its not too long of a wait to get in. I've become addicted to the corn they serve as a side with the burrito lunch. MMMMmmmm...

ErnieBall Guest

I really like Ted's.

Ted's is also the only place I indulge in the guilty pleasure of filling out the comment cards with all sorts of hilarious tomfoolery. I always wonder whether anyone actually reads the comment cards, and if they do, if they enjoy my jokes as much as I and those eating with me do.

Ted's is good, but I don't think anything is good enough to justify the wait. Love the Adobe grill and Las Palomas on 23rd and Meridian. Las Palomas has NO atmosphere, but just lots of really good food and great service.

br549 Guest

Hey Ted, rumor has it that you were going to open a restaurant in the Tulsa area. Any truth to that? We love coming to your place whenever we get down to the city.

Now what? According to this week's Gazette (the "Best Of" issue"), Ted's Escondido Cafe is no longer owned by Ted. Is this true of all of the Ted's locations? Is Ted out of the restaurant business? Can anyone shed any light on what's going on?

kahloist Guest

Ted's is a great restaurant, however I really enjoy the small, family owned establishments when craving Mexican food. Cocina Marin, on NW 10th and Tulsa, and Casa Perico, on NW 122nd and Penn, are two of my favorites.

t-man Guest

The tulsa location is true. It is in BA at 71st and 129th they started construction on it a month ago.

tc4542@cox.net Guest

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, been very busy... No, I'm still involved with Ted's. The Gazette ended up up having to print a major re-traction the next week correcting that mistake. I did take on partners over 3-years ago but that is very old news. All is well and Tulsa is indeed up and under construction finally. It took forever to work out the land issues up there. Then we had to wait for roads to be built into the area at 129th and 71st before the city of Tulsa would let us break ground. It was quite a pain and put us 8 months behind. However it just gave us more time to train and prepare so it's a good thing.

I will try to be around more to chat from here on out. If you ever need anything or have any issues don't hesitate to e-mail. I will be all over it. I appreciate all your comments and feedback thus far. I think all in all the restaurants have done a good job being consistent and we will continue to to work very hard to keep it this way. You will have problems from time to time but we will fix them I can tell you this for sure. We have a good team of people who really care.

Best,
    Ted.

yippyskippy007 Guest

My family LOVES Ted's. In fact, we are having my parent's anniversary dinner there this week. The food is excellent and top quality. The service there is the best I've ever had.
    I'm getting hungry just thinking about it....yummmmmm.

I like Laredos and Pepe's too. I am looking forward to when the new Laredos opens up.

Hey Ted, My son and I ate at your Norman restaurant last week. Friends from Pauls Valley have been raving about it. We were very impressed with the food and service. We will be bringing friends and family in the near future to see for themselves. It was awesome! We were talking with one of the managers (teddy I believe his name was) and he just chatted and visited with us -it was really nice. Thanks for coming to Norman!
    Sincerely, Jeanette

I used to think Teds was great, I went to it because everyone was always raving about it. But through friends and work, I started going to other mexican restaurants and no offense Teds, but I haven't been back to Teds since!! San Marcos is now my favorite. Acapulco was my favorite, it was in a really bad location though so it's closed, but man it was good food. Anybody else go there when it was open? It was right off I35 on Hefner.

Talking about reviving a dead thread, 3+ years. I used to think Ted's was just okay, slightly above the others. My wife and I went a month or two ago and it was awesome! I'm not sure if it is what we ordered or just the food has improved. I definitely need to make another trip over there. Now if we can just get a Ted's downtown in the CBD.

24. Default Re: Ted's Cafe Escondido

Ted's in Bricktown would be great. Probably put Chelino's out of business.

eww. not Bricktown. Bricktown has enough mexican. Put it in the CBD. Midtown has/is getting a few already, the CBD needs a good sit down Mexican restaurant.

Thread Information