Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Props to NorthFork restaurant

Default Re: Props to NorthFork restaurant

thanks for the suggestion. peanut

Quote Originally Posted by hottcutz
    ...we were right next to big ed's. devils fork was at the north end of the shopping center...
    i remember the big ed's, but not the devil's fork. if memory serves, there was a dodson's cafeteria on the extreme north end of the strip.

my dad worked at sch starting in the mid 60's and left in the mid 90's... i'll ask him about 'devil's fork' the next time i see him. -M

3. Default Re: Props to NorthFork restaurant

I tried to find articles - reviews - anything on North Fork on Memorial because I was planning on going ...

I can't find anything.

Mr Anderson, where did you find your negative reviews and can you post a link here please?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Patrick Guest

I ate here last night. Didn't notice any real changes from Applewoods. Apple fritters are as good as ever. I had ravioli and my wife had chicken and dumplings. Great service. I think a million folks came up to me and asked if everything was okay.

5. Default Re: Props to NorthFork restaurant

My mom and I stopped by to check out the lunch menu.. We looked at the menu, it looked good but the prices had seemed to have gone up a bit and they didn't show a salad that I had liked at Applewoods. My mom wasn't really that hungry... we took a brief look around and she was wearing a warm up suit and said she felt a little uncomfortable.. ( it was lunch and everyone was dressed up in office attire).
    I asked her, do you want to come back another time and she said yes.. so we said thank you to the hostess and started to walk away. The manager and two other employees nearly followed us to our car making sure that we were okay and could they help us in anyway ..

I didn't want to say my mom isn't comfortable with what she is wearing so it was awkward.. but they were very concerned that they didn't meet our needs. I thought that was a sign of excellent customer service so I'll go back.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I know one of the owner/managers -- he'd definitely do that. These guys take customer service to another level.

After all these good reviews I'm looking forward to eating there.

8. Default Re: Props to NorthFork restaurant

We've gone several times to the Sunday Brunch buffet. They have pot roast and fried chicken and salad and make-it-in-front-of-you omlettes. Thumbs up on that. It's 13 bucks, but it's worth it. Also, most recently (Christmas Eve), we made reservations and were seated immediately. The only negative I'd say is don't order off the menu during the buffet. They say you can, but it will take longer than usual and everyone at your table that got the buffet will be done before you get your food.

I havent been in almost a year - I would go into more detail about the whole experince but it can be pretty easily summed up.

Excellent food and service, by far the best restraunt ive been to while being here in oklahoma city.

10. Thumbs up Re: Props to NorthFork restaurant

I visit NorthFork very often as it is one of my favorite places, and one thing I have found is that you don't really find the quality of service anywhere else.
    the servers there will gratefully package your food for you to take home.
    and any problems with the meal they will correct, and promptly so.
    The applewood fritters that they hold on to are ridiculous and don't fit the atmosphere at all. in fact I ask not to have any! their desserts are amazing, the chocolate lava is my favorite, and it's presented beautifully, and with a side of vanilla bean ice-cream!
    the staff cares, and that means the most to me, after coming here a few times I find it hard to find as cheap of a meal with the excellence that I found here.
    they do mess up, and they seem to turnover the staff pretty quickly, but the people that have been there several months, learn their names, its the best way to guarantee the quality of your service.

Thread Information