Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamburgers

1. Default Hamburgers

I can't seem to find a decient burger anymore, I used to get a great one at interurban in Norman. Goldies in Norman is pretty good too.Johnny's Hamburgers are good and they have good hand cut fries. Anyone else have some good spots.

Default Re: Hamburgers

Try Ron's on N May....their specialty is the sausage burger, which is half sausage half burger combined...place is always packed at lunch

Ron's is awesome!!! I liked Allen's Grill on 39th and Rockwell in Bethany, it's now Swadley's Grill from the owners of Swadley's BBQ. I hear they make a mean onion burger though.

It's in Norman, but Sooner Dairy Lunch on Main has some of the best burgers/fries/shakes around.

The best hamburger in OKC (IMO) is at Iron Starr...it's served w/ jalapeno relish....wonderful!

Also Alan's on Harvey has a great burger.

Where is Iron Starr escan??

7. Default Re: Hamburgers

Irma's Burger Shack makes a tasty burger, too, plus they have organic beef if you want it. It's called "no-name." They also have good onion rings.
    Still corrupting young minds

8. Default Re: Hamburgers

Iron Starr is at 36th and Shartel, across the street from the Gazette.

Iron Starr is where the Painted Desert used to be....NW 36th and Shartel.

I love Ron's burgers as well. everytime I go there to eat , the place is packed.

11. Default Re: Hamburgers

The best burgers I have eaten (hope they have not changed) would be Charoal Oven. I like the sauce.

I used to like Charcoal Oven. These days the burgers are not as good. It seems like they are adding too much garlic to the meat.

These days my favorite burger place is a tie between Red Robin and Little Mike's. Chessburger in paradise takes a close second.

The only place I have ever had a bad burger is Coach's in Bricktown. It just tatsed awful.

My favorites (in order):
    1. Irma's Burger Shack (63rd & Western)
    2. Ron's Hamburgers (Across from Steinmart on N. May)
    3. Earl's Rib Palace (Multiple metro locations)
    4. Johnnies (Multiple metro locations)
    5. Nichols Hills Drug (Nichols Hills Plaza)

quailcreekgal Guest

I keep trying different Johnnie's locations searching for one with quality food and service and I'm ready to give up. I don't understand how my friend and I can be two of 8-12 people in the entire restaurant, wait 10 minutes for food and still be served cold burgers and onion rings. I'm tired of having to take my food back and ask for a fresh hot burger and rings.
    Has anyone tried the Red Robin at Penn and Memorial?

I love the Red Robin at Penn and Memorial. I love the Robin Egg burger

I take it from the name it has a fried egg on it...if you like that try the E.B. burger at Emerson Biggins...has ham on it as well...can't eat it all but it is good...goes great w/ a few Blvd Wheats

Quote Originally Posted by OklaCity_75
    I used to like Charcoal Oven. These days the burgers are not as good. It seems like they are adding too much garlic to the meat.

These days my favorite burger place is a tie between Red Robin and Little Mike's. Chessburger in paradise takes a close second.

The only place I have ever had a bad burger is Coach's in Bricktown. It just tatsed awful.
    The only Coach's I'll eat at is the one in Norman. The rest of them have really let their quality go down the tubes.

Red Horse Grill in Norman on Main, in the shopping center with the Game Exchange (just east of 24th, north side of Main), has good normal-burgers, good onion-burgers, and good shakes, but the attraction is chili cheese fries that will rock your world in portions that inspire that sort of "children are starving in Africa" guilt.

If it's still there. I haven't eaten there since my sophomore year (2004).

19. Default Re: Hamburgers

Another good one is Steak n' Shake. I wait drooling for them to open a location near me.

Very expensive, but really good.

Steak n'Shake and that other new joint in Edmond similar to it are EXCELLENT burgers. I had Emerson Biggins last week and was not impressed at all. It's a sports bar and the only reason to go is for the "eye candy" not the food.

I noticed they just opened another Steak n' Shake on 29th in front of the new Lowe's in MWC. Hopefully, southside and NW OKC will be next.

I tried one of those BK stackers yesterday. The quad is pretty good for a drive-thru burger.

Has anyone been to Flat Tire in Edmond? It's a new, locally owned place that's supposed to be good. I have yet to try it.

Stinger -- it ain't bad. I've been there a couple times.

Nothing stood out, but it wasn't terrible either.

I keep hearing how expensive Steak and Shake is....how expensive can a burger be?

how expensive can a burger be?

At about 5 1/2 inches across and 2 1/2 inches thick, the mound of meat is comprised of beef from three continents American prime beef, Japanese Kobe and Argentine cattle.
    The bill for one burger, with garnishing that includes organic greens, exotic mushrooms and tomatoes, comes out to $124.50 with tax and an 18 percent tip included. The restaurant will donate $10 from each sale to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

The burger is available at the recently opened Boca Raton branch of the Old Homestead Steak House: 501 E. Camino Real, Boca Raton FL 33431

Thread Information