Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spark

Core2shore Spark

Jones Assembly proprietors to operate new Scissortail Park cafe

The Social Order Dining Collective – operators of the Jones Assembly, Fuzzy's Taco Shop, Texadelphia and Seven47 in Norman – have come to an agreement with the City of Oklahoma City to operate the cafe in the under-construction Scissortail Park.

The structure of approximately 3,000 square feet is being built at the north end of the park along the new Oklahoma City Boulevard and directly across from a streetcar stop. The structure will also feature a large covered patio.

Annie Tucker of Social Order told OKCTalk that a final name has been yet to be determined but the concept is designed to appeal to the masses that will be utlitizing the park, with everying from burgers and shakes and ice cream to more healthy options such as salads and wraps.

Efforts will be made to utitlize local daries and farmers in order to source as many fresh, local ingredients as possible.

The cafe is slated to open next summer or early fall to coincide with the opening of the massive 70-acre park, which will offer a large outdoor stage, playgrounds, a small lake with paddle boats, extensive landscaping and will utlimately connect the central business district to the Oklahoma River.

Hours will likely be 10AM to 10PM, staying open until 11PM on weekends and the cafe will have a full liquor license.

The cafe will also be very near the new convention center and Omni convention hotel which will see completion in the next two years.

Scissortail Park also revealed their official logo designed by local agency Staplegun.

Social Order co-founder Brain Bogert said in a statement, “We are extremely excited about the opportunity to partner with Scissortail Park as the restaurant operator. We look forward to providing a concept that will share the park’s mission and will help bring the community together.”

Default Re: Scissortail Park Cafe

Our Convention Center/Park is quickly becoming a true destination and I find that awesome. This is just ANOTHER boost to the park/CC.

Blog Entries

nice

Blog Entries

I like the logo mark

5. Default Re: Scissortail Park Cafe

Awesome, glad to hear there will be at least one cafe in the park. Felt like it would be a huge missed opportunity to only have places to eat/drink in the area around the park.

I didn't hate the name or anything, but that logo makes me like it more. Seems like good branding.

Cool news about the cafe operators.

The Scissortail lends itself to some pretty cool branding in general.

Donald Trump hair lol.

9. Post Re: Scissortail Park Cafe

I hope to Dear God, that if this cafe has any frontage along a street that it has a DOOR and WINDOWS along with at least a minimal but appropriate sign. I can't totally tell if it is inside the park a bit or will be exposed to the blvd; but if it is it MUST be inviting to it and not just have windows facing into the park. We must learn from this HUGE mistake at the otherwise perfectly executed Myriad Gardens.

Speaking of the MBG cafe, is there any way we can go in and redo or even expand it to where it too will have exposure along Robinson? I hope so because it is the only real hold-up at the city's best park.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

The MBG restaurant space is basically an event space now.

These guys have specialized in fast casual before opening the Jones, so I think this will carryover well. I'm curious who the other options were? Tuck, did you all apply? It's hard to imagine the food offering to be very imaginative (I'm picturing a Shake Shack in Central Park), but this will be an awesome place to grab a cheap bite and beer.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    These guys have specialized in fast casual before opening the Jones, so I think this will carryover well. I'm curious who the other options were? Tuck, did you all apply? It's hard to imagine the food offering to be very imaginative (I'm picturing a Shake Shack in Central Park), but this will be an awesome place to grab a cheap bite and beer.
    We did not apply. I did talk with their development team about a year ago and they already had the cafe somewhat designed and a concept that they thought would work in the park. It brought back bad memories of the MBG restaurant, so I declined. Brian and his team will do a great job as I think they are giving him a lot of creative input.
    Last edited by tuck; 06-22-2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: wrong quote applied

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Why do you say that? Their food at the Jones and Seven47 is fairly imaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Why do you say that? Their food at the Jones and Seven47 is fairly imaginative.
    I'm not saying that they don't have the capability to be imaginative, I just picture the menu here being a little more "standard".... I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Annie Tucker of Social Order told OKCTalk that a final name has been yet to be determined but the concept is designed to appeal to the masses that will be utlitizing the park, with everying from burgers and shakes and ice cream

Efforts will be made to utitlize local daries and farmers in order to source as many fresh, local ingredients as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I hope to Dear God, that if this cafe has any frontage along a street that it has a DOOR and WINDOWS along with at least a minimal but appropriate sign. I can't totally tell if it is inside the park a bit or will be exposed to the blvd; but if it is it MUST be inviting to it and not just have windows facing into the park. We must learn from this HUGE mistake at the otherwise perfectly executed Myriad Gardens.
    The cafe is probably 50' off of the Blvd with storefront windows facing west and another facing south into the park.

I like the logo. It made me think of the little birds from The Partridge Family intro: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065333...r/rm3267531776

18. Default Re: Scissortail Park Cafe

good to know about the cafe's urban and inviting design.

I'd LOVE for Braums to partner with a developer to redesign the MGB cafe and run a flagship restaurant and Ice Cream store there. It'd be the ONLY flagship and would showcase all of their offerings yet have seating space for hundreds. Think something like Pops in a more relaxed, urban park setting with the redesign having facade and access from Robinson Ave.

Oh how to get this idea to them and the city, I wish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    good to know about the cafe's urban and inviting design.

I'd LOVE for Braums to partner with a developer to redesign the MGB cafe and run a flagship restaurant and Ice Cream store there. It'd be the ONLY flagship and would showcase all of their offerings yet have seating space for hundreds. Think something like Pops in a more relaxed, urban park setting with the redesign having facade and access from Robinson Ave.

Oh how to get this idea to them and the city, I wish!!!
    To me, that's a horrible idea, I don't want someone with their track record running someplace as important as the MGB restaurant...

21. Default Re: Scissortail Park Cafe

so this will have a blank wall facing the boulevard after all? or does the pic make the wall appear too large?

^

That wall isn't that big and is a small percentage of the frontage.

Default Re: Spark

The official name of the Scissortail Park Cafe has been revealed to be 'Spark'.

Default Re: Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The official name of the Scissortail Park Cafe has been revealed to be 'Spark'.

This could also be a great name for a marijuana dispensary.

25. Default Re: Spark

O - k ????

Thread Information