Menu
    Facebook Page
    Yelp
    Urban Spoon
    Eat Around OKC

[/center][/td]
    Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	469473_390265284359104_598897071_o.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	5934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Museum-Cafe_Hearn.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	5935  

Default Re: Museum Cafe

This Thursday only mention you're with AMA and you get in for like $4 bucks.

As far as the food goes, it is impeccable. I ate there last year for my birthday and it was amazing. I don't remember what all we ordered but everything was excellent. I know I had the goat cheese kisses and they were amazing. I also had some sort of a tomato-basil or roasted red pepper soup that was amazing. Other than that, I don't remember what else we ordered. I definitely recommend the cafe as well as the museum and the cocktails on the skyline.

3. Default Re: Museum Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    This Thursday only mention you're with AMA and you get in for like $4 bucks.

As far as the food goes, it is impeccable. I ate there last year for my birthday and it was amazing. I don't remember what all we ordered but everything was excellent. I know I had the goat cheese kisses and they were amazing. I also had some sort of a tomato-basil or roasted red pepper soup that was amazing. Other than that, I don't remember what else we ordered. I definitely recommend the cafe as well as the museum and the cocktails on the skyline.
    I agree, Metro. Excellent restaurant. I think the problem is the branding. "The Museum Cafe" just doesn't quite say what they are all about. It makes it sound like a greasy spoon lunch counter attached to the museum, when in reality, as Metro said, it's a fine restaurant with wonderful food.

-------------

I would say it's one of the top 10 restaurants in the metro, maybe top 5.

5. Default Museum Cafe?

Anyone been to the Museum Cafe? I hear they have a wonderful brunch and I'm thinking of checking it out with some family members for my upcoming birthday gathering. Does one need to dress up? How is the food? Any one?

6. Default Re: Museum Cafe?

Business casual, though some people dress down quite a bit more! My sister and I went for her birthday and dressed up; went for mine, and wore nice jeans and nice sweaters. You'll see all kinds for brunch. For dinner, I imagine, you'd dress up more.

You can make reservations online. It even has a place for "special instructions" and you can tell them it's someone's birthday and you'd probably be able to wrangle a free dessert out of them! We did!

I can't remember the site where I made the reservations, but if you google "oklahoma city museum cafe" you'll find a site that offers to take your reservations.

The food is really good--both the french onion soup and the tuscan tomato soup are yummy, you get free little muffins at the brunch, and you can get an omelet with just about anything in it, including artichoke hearts. The pancakes are quite good, and my sister had the bagel and lox once and enjoyed that quite a bit. I don't do fish, but it was obviously very fresh.

Also, mimosas are like, $2

Enjoy!
    Still corrupting young minds

Default Re: Museum Cafe?

Great restaurant.

Been for brunch, lunch, dinner and high tea.

Yet to have bad food or bad service.

8. Default Re: Museum Cafe?

" You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Museum Cafe?

yep, there have been several reviews already written on it:

http://www.okctalk.com/food-court/70...ht=museum+cafe

10. Default Re: Museum Cafe?

Thank you all for your replies. I can't wait to try it out. Of course you can come too, Karrie!

Good Egg Dining Group to operate Museum Cafe in downtown OKC

Operators of Cheevers, Republic, The Drake, Barrios, Iron Star, Red Primesteak, Kitchen No. 324 and Tucker's Onion Burgers to operate the beautiful restaurant space next to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.

Press release:

We're happy to announce that A Good Egg Dining Group will begin managing operations of the Museum Cafe.

We're excited to announce a delicious new partnership!

A Good Egg Dining Group is now managing the Museum Cafe operations

As an OKCMOA member, we know you are invested in the Museum and we thank you for your support. We are excited to let you know about a new artistic and culinary partnership with A Good Egg Dining Group. A Good Egg Dining Group will bring their outstanding customer service, excellent food, and 19 years of experience to manage the operations of the Museum Cafe!

The Museum Cafe will undergo a refresh from April 7 to 18 and will be closed to patrons during this renovation. The restaurant will reopen with an updated, more modern look and a reinvented menu that includes many beloved American classics with influence from French brasseries. The grand reopening is planned for our Third Thursday: Black and White event on April 18.

Third Thursday: Black and White will feature live music, cash bar, art activities and gallery experiences. Admission to Third Thursday is always free for members!

Beginning April 19 we are also pleased to announce extended hours for the Museum Cafe. New hours will be Monday through Friday, 11 am-9 pm and Saturday and Sunday, 10 am-9 pm.

We hope you will join us April 18, 5-9 pm, to celebrate this exciting next step for the Museum Cafe.

Nice! We've eaten there over the past 10 years and while good, it's been stagnant for a while, should be interesting to see what they do to it, it'll be bumped up to near the top of our humongous new-places-to-eat-at list...

It's one of the most beautiful spots in town and AGE always does a great job.

Looking forward to eating there more often.

I remember when they opened it was one of the most innovate restaurants in OKC, and one of my favorites. I haven't been in years though. That and Tratorria il Centro back in the late 2010's.

Blog Entries

Was it an amiable parting of the ways?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I remember when they opened it was one of the most innovate restaurants in OKC, and one of my favorites. I haven't been in years though. That and Tratorria il Centro back in the late 2010's.
    Trattoria il Centro was actually open 2005 - 2012.

It's a great space, but their food was always so-so... looking forward to what they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    It's a great space, but their food was always so-so... looking forward to what they offer.
    Not sure when they opened, but we didn't start eating there until we moved back in 2009, and from 2009 - 2013 or so, the food was pretty good (I think it was the venison that was the best thing they offered), but then when they switched chefs around then, it wasn't as good. So yeah, me too, looking forward to something new and different

Such a beautiful venue, location and art collection demands a top-notch restaurant.

If they drop the lobster bisque, I may have to throw a fit.

I sent an email to them about that very thing. The lobster bisque is great. I got a response that my email would be passed on to the powers that be. (my words not hers). I also mentioned how noisy Cheevers is. I really love Cheevers.

I haven't been to the Museum Cafe in nearly a year, and was perusing their menu on the web. I was stunned to find out they are no longer open for dinner service - they have shortened their hours to 11AM-3pm; no dinner service.

They DID return Lobster Bisque to the menu. But if they're never open for dinner, it won't matter.

Situation doesn't sound good to me.

^

Good Egg ended their management of the cafe.

Dang... that didn't last long. Has new management been announced?

Wow, hadn't heard that, either. That didn't last long. It was the new leadership that overhauled the menu (and dumped the lobster bisque). Doesn't sound like any of it worked out very well. Hate to say it, but the future is sounding kinda bleak.

Thread Information