Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoo Amphitheater

Default Zoo Amphitheater

I have VIP tickets to a concert. Do I need to bring lawn chairs or is there seating??/ I have called and called with no answer!

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Zoo Ampitheater Question

Nope, there isn't seating. Bring lawn chairs, blankets, etc.

Another question...are cameras allowed? What about a backpack (for above-mentioned blanket, etc.)?

I haven't been to a show there in a while, but will be soon.

I did find out - since we were in the VIP area (totally worth the extra cost), we were all standing. It was a rock show, after all!

Nobody checked for cameras, etc. Looks like you can bring whatver you want except for your own ice chest.

How do you get VIP tickets to the Zoo Ampitheater?

it was the Poison/Cinderella concert. I purchased the VIP tickets. Look on the Zoo ampitheatre website. It's worth it. VIP has its own bar area too. And we got cool laminated things to clip on our shirt to show we were "VIP".

Yah, it says to go to Tickets.com to get the VIP seats but they don't have the concert listed there. I'm looking for VIP tickets to the Flaming Lips (local band) show on Sept 15th.

We bought tickets for the Lips show on the first day they went on sale. I don't think they are offering the VIP section for this show. Looks to be all $20 general admission seats.

My experience with the so-called "VIP" section is that it isn't worth it at all. All it was is basically an area with a bar, but that wasn't worth paying a whole bunch more for it. Even with the VIP tickets, we weren't allowed to stand in the pit in front of the stage, which I feel should be for the VIP.

At the Poison concert, we were totally in the pit infront of the stage. They must do it differently for different bands.

Press release:

THE HISTORIC ZOO AMPHITHEATER SET TO OPEN SUMMER 2024 FOLLOWING RENOVATIONS

Oklahoma City, OK – March 20, 2024 – Oklahoma City’s treasured outdoor venue, The Zoo Amphitheater, is set to open a new concert season in 2024 following renovations and updates. Located at the Oklahoma City Zoo, the beloved historic amphitheater has recently brought on a seasoned local management team as well as the backing of national partners, SaveLive, to produce the 2024 season and beyond.

“The team on the ground are not only experts in booking great concerts and creating memorable experiences for the entire community, but they are also Oklahoma City locals, from landmarks such as the Criterion and Tower Theater, who understand the importance of this venue. The Zoo Amphitheater is a touchstone in so many people’s history. If you ask almost anyone in town, they have a story about seeing an amazing show at the amp,” said Trevor Leonard, OKC Zoo’s Chief Operations Officer. “The Oklahoma City Zoo and SaveLive share a vision and commitment to connecting Oklahomans with superb entertainment in a premier, and iconic venue. As host to previous legendary performances by Marvin Gaye, the Foo Fighters, Joni Mitchell, and Willie Nelson, we look forward to host many, many more.”

“For nearly 90 years, Oklahomans have been immersed in wildlife and world class music at the historic Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheater,” said Candice Rennels, OKC Zoo’s Director of Public Relations. “We’re thrilled to see the Zoo Amphitheater continue to evolve and improve to delight concert-goers just like the Zoo has over the years.”

The Zoo Amphitheater is undergoing infrastructure and facilities updates while being committed to retaining its history and integrity and the 2024 season is set to announce shortly. Built in the mid-1930s, the Oklahoma City Zoo Amphitheater was a project of the Civilian Conservation Corps, the economic recovery program established to provide jobs during the depression.

For the latest information, follow the Zoo Amphitheater's website and social media channels:

Website - okczooamp.com
    Facebook - facebook.com/okczooamp
    Instagram - instagram.com/okczooamp
    X (formerly Twitter) - x.com/okczooamp

Default Re: Zoo Amphitheater

Plans filed to replace five restroom facilities with much bigger modern structures.

Much, much needed!

No more peeing into a trough. Lol

15. Default Re: Zoo Amphitheater

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    No more peeing into a trough. Lol
    You beat me to it!

I had heard that Cake was coming on 5/17, but can't find anything official, so maybe just a rumor.

Looks like there must have been an announcement of some sort as a number of third party ticket resellers reference the concert, but nothing on Cake or (obviously) the Zoo's website. Wondering if there was something (in addition to or from the new management) that forced the updates even if it meant cancelling already booked concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I had heard that Cake was coming on 5/17, but can't find anything official, so maybe just a rumor.
    I read on one of Cake’s social media posts announcing that spring tour that they were rescheduling the Zoo show to September. It was a reply to someone asking about it not being listed on their website anymore.

Personally I find this to be excellent news and wish them the best to operate another 90 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Personally I find this to be excellent news and wish them the best to operate another 90 years.
    Same here

Oh great. Now basically ONE COMPANY runs all of the concert venues in OKC. Joy. Nothing like having VC bros dictating our music scene.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Oh great. Now basically ONE COMPANY runs all of the concert venues in OKC. Joy. Nothing like having VC bros dictating our music scene.
    Maybe the Sunset Amphitheater will happen, This just makes their financial projections harder to believe. Most of us were expecting no more investment or interest going into the zoo amp. Seems it will be around for a few more years at least to provide competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Most of us were expecting no more investment or interest going into the zoo amp.
    why was anyone expecting this??

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    why was anyone expecting this??
    Yeah I dont understand why a bunch of people all of the sudden thought the zoo amp was going to permanently close and be given back to the zoo. There haven’t been a ton of improvements to it over the years (until now) but there has been absolutely nothing at all to indicate that it has even been struggling. All the shows I’ve been to there have been very well attended and it certainly isn’t the perfect, it’s fine for an outdoor amphitheater and the sound quality has always been good.

The zoo amp is a cool, unique and historic venue…something we don’t have many of here anymore…hopefully it’s around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Yeah I dont understand why a bunch of people all of the sudden thought the zoo amp was going to permanently close and be given back to the zoo. There haven’t been a ton of improvements to it over the years (until now) but there has been absolutely nothing at all to indicate that it has even been struggling. All the shows I’ve been to there have been very well attended and it certainly isn’t the perfect, it’s fine for an outdoor amphitheater and the sound quality has always been good.

The zoo amp is a cool, unique and historic venue…something we don’t have many of here anymore…hopefully it’s around for a long time.
    There has been zoo master plans in the past that have redeveloped it. We don't really know how zoo leadership thought about it in the longer term. It's the zoo's property at the end of the day that Boulder has pointed out in other threads.

Thread Information