Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Theatre

Default Re: Warren Theatre

Looks like because of budget reasons its going to only be 14 theatres, rather than 20. And who knows what else might have been cutback for money?

Harkins Theatres might just remain the nicest theatre in town...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Looks like because of budget reasons its going to only be 14 theatres, rather than 20. And who knows what else might have been cutback for money?

This has been common knowledge for about 6 months. From what info was release, the only cutbacks were the number of theaters and the size of the lobby. It was supposed to be the size of a football field but they scaled it back a bit.

It may be smaller than originally planned, but Warren is known for high end theaters and I don't think they will be skimping on this one. I like Harkins (especially the daycare inside!), but I think once Warren opens I will be seeing most of my movies there. I only live 5 minutes away from the Warren Theater so it will be hard to justify the 20 minute drive to Harkins plus dealing with Bricktown parking.

They cut back the number of theaters so they wouldn't have to skimp on the details.

i am jsut excited that we have entertainment in moore for the family.. just in one year we went from nothing to.. andy alligator park, heyday family fun, justforfunkidz, and now the new theater...

um, the Warren could be cut back to 4 theaters and it would still be the nicest one in town. This is the same thing he did in Wichita for his East side location. He cut back to 12, I believe, for opening then when it was obvious things were going well he added like 4 more a year later as a second wing with it's own lobby and concession stands and whatnot......

And, if he saved money by dropping 6 theaters then it was spent elsewhere on the facility. My guess would be the decision to go digital may have been the reason..... But he doesn't skimp and it will be the nicest theater in town. I stand by that opinion.

The main reason he cut down the number of screens was because construction costs skyrocketed soon after he announced he was going to build the theater. But Trust me Bill Warren goes above and beyond to make his theaters the best, he will make no shortcuts.

that is what I heard too soonerkev.
    I haven't been to any of Warren's theaters up in Wichita but my in-laws took a trip up there and happened to go to one and one of my buddies did as well. Said it's amazing on the inside - I can't wait for them to open it up ... so we can see inside!! Biggest problem I see - will HollyWeird produce any good flicks for us!!

Employees only get ten minute breaks...

9. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Good.

Maybe now my popcorn will be fresh!

*CRACKS WHIP*

More like it'll be spit in.

Wouldn't blame 'em.

Over how long a shift?

More like it'll be spit in.

Wouldn't blame 'em.
    because they have a job they hate????? If you hate your job, get a different one. It's no one else's fault but your own.

It's hard to get another job, when there aren't many jobs out there to be had.

Hard to imagine a much lower unemployment rate.

Unemployement rate at of Dec 07:
    Cleveland County: 3.6%
    Oklahoma County: 4.4%

Oklahoma Employment Security Commission

When you lose your job and can't find another come, I don't want to hear you crying.

I don't understand why someone would work somewhere they hate.

Even if they hate their job and their employer I don't understand why they would spit in some innocent person's popcorn.

I don't understand why other people would defend such behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner
    Even if they hate their job and their employer I don't understand why they would spit in some innocent person's popcorn.
    I doubt they do it because they hate their job. Teens pull that stuff all the time as pranks. A guy we go to church with was a manager at Little Caesars for awhile, and he told me about how the teen workers, prior to him coming there, had peed in the tomato sauce as a prank. No wonder why that pizza sauce was so tangy!

I knew there was some reason I had become less enthusiastic about going out to eat as I age. Popcorn I fix at home has no spit in it. Home theater sounds pretty good.

It really is disturbing that so many people who handle food treat the customers with so much disdain. These reports about filthy conditions at differnt places and employees not washing their hands and so on are just so common now. Then you hear all these stories.

19. Default Re: Warren Theatre

I don't know where the "10 minute break" thing came from, but I've been to the Wichita Warren Theatres many times, and I've never had spit in my popcorn and I've never had bad, apathetic service from someone that looked like they didn't want to be there. They have better service than any other theatre chain and they look the best in their little old fashioned tuxedos they wear.

And I only get 15 minute breaks... What's the big deal?

20. Default Re: Warren Theatre

I only get 10 minute breaks and no lunch.

But I get paid quite a bit more than them to tolerate it too.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I don't know where the "10 minute break" thing came from, but I've been to the Wichita Warren Theatres many times, and I've never had spit in my popcorn and I've never had bad, apathetic service from someone that looked like they didn't want to be there. They have better service than any other theatre chain and they look the best in their little old fashioned tuxedos they wear.

And I only get 15 minute breaks... What's the big deal?
    ditto..... if 10 minute breaks is your reason for thinking a job/employer is bad, then you have a life of disappointment ahead of you.....

Anyone know how close they are to opening? I drove by about a month ago and the outside looked almost complete. Anyone in the area willing to take and post a picture?

23. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Anyone know how close they are to opening? I drove by about a month ago and the outside looked almost complete. Anyone in the area willing to take and post a picture?
    If I'd have thought of it, I'd have done it 30 minutes ago when I was right there.

April 4th is the projected opening date.

25. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Hard to imagine a much lower unemployment rate.

Unemployment rate at of Dec 07:
    Cleveland County: 3.6%
    Oklahoma County: 4.4%
    Sure, the unemployment rate is low. But all those so-called economists do a lot to politicize various figures, only looking at the situation through rose colored glasses.

The unemployment rate counts only those people who are collecting unemployment benefits. It doesn't count people who have fallen out of the work force and are not receiving any benefits.

Economists and politicians both love to overlook the fact that all "jobs" are not the same. They don't pay the same. I yawn whenever I hear some blow-hard on TV campaigning about "jobs." They don't like to comment on many millions of Americans who are under-employed and offer any ideas how to foster growth of "good paying jobs."

Some minimum wage paying service industry job isn't going to do squat to support a city's property tax base. It isn't going to do much to keep our policemen and firemen paid. Low paying jobs don't help on supporting a public school system. They don't help on maintaining infrastructure.

All that stuff is nothing new. It's just like the comedy of how the government reports inflation figures. Conveniently, the inflation figure doesn't count the cost of fuel, food, clothing and a lot of other items regular people spend most of their paycheck to buy.

To get back closer to topic, anyone working in a movie theater is doing a largely thankless job.

The folks working in the box office, refreshment counter or walking the halls to clean up the place are all paid minimum wage. The employee turnover rate is high and the vast majority of theaters are typically stuck with hiring only high school aged kids for those jobs.

Theater managers and assistant managers aren't all that well paid either, usually the minimum federal standard for employees paid salary. The hours can be incredibly long. Very often many movie theater chains make managers send home as much of the minimum wage staff as possible and have managers doing that grunt work, along with the stacks upon stacks of paperwork and other garbage.

Anyone looking to make a career of working in movie theaters had better do it over being a die hard film fan. I can't think of any other logical reason to be in that business.

Thread Information