Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Theatre

1. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by redland View Post
    Well okay, but in defense of Harkins 16 (including Cine Capri) I have found it to be the best maintained movie complex in town. The place always seems immaculate to me, with not a sticky floor to be found!
    I know it's clean, I was just being silly and trying to say (albeit obliquely) that no matter how nice my home theater is, it can't quite capture the experience of going to the theater and having a tub of popcorn that's bigger than your head ^_^

2. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by MrZ
    I can't wait to see more movies with this technology!
    It will probably be a few months before the next RealD format 3D movie release. Perhaps 3 or 4 may be released this fall.

I watched the RealD version of Meet the Robinsons down in Lawton at the Carmike 8 theater there.

The 3D did indeed look pretty awesome. The movie itself was okay. I wish the story got to the fairly dark events near the movie's end earlier. That sequence had the coolest 3D of the movie. "The Bowler Hat Guy" was a pretty entertaining character, both fiendishly villainous and flamboyantly stupid at the same time. His long, periodontal disease ridden teeth was a good visual touch.

I was a little more thrilled by the trailer for U23D. That concert movie is coming out this fall. It looks like it will be pretty cool. I wonder if they'll have special, red 3D glasses for that show. Not every theater playing Meet The Robinsons played that trailer. It was pretty loud.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is getting re-released this fall along with a new 3D conversion of Tim Burton's short film, Vincent.

Robert Zemeckis, the guy who directed the Back to the Future movies, Forrest Gump and most recently, The Polar Express, is working on a 3D CGI animated movie version of Beowulf, based on the epic Viking poem. That might be really cool.

It's just too bad no RealD movies are scheduled for release this summer.

It will be interesting to see what Warren Theaters does in regard to digital projection and formats like RealD in their new Moore 20 complex. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of their current theaters in Wichita, KS have digital projection or RealD yet. With companies like Carmike and Rave pursuing digital projection rather aggressively Warren may have to do something.

Default Re: Warren Theatre

Drove by the Warren site Saturday and no foundation has been poured yet. Still dirt work being done and looks like the plumbing lines are still being run. Hopefully we'll see a foundation and walls go up soon.

4. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Drove by the Warren site Saturday and no foundation has been poured yet. Still dirt work being done and looks like the plumbing lines are still being run. Hopefully we'll see a foundation and walls go up soon.
    Really? I could have sworn I've seen multiple pads of concrete that have already been poured. I've seen this more than a couple of times too.

I don't do a ton of movies out, but I do enjoy the Cine Capri at Harkins. Like many others, I am looking forward to seeing this new house open in Moore, if only because it's closer to some of my preferred dining spots.

Drove by today, this has to be the slowest moving project ever to be constructed. At the rate that they are going they won't be making movies by the time that this place is completed. Does anyone know what the estimated completion date is??

7. Default Re: Warren Theatre

The weather has obviously slowed things down considerably. They had been moving at a very quick pace prior to the rains.

I understand that the rain slows down construction, but how long has this project been under construction at this point?

I think that it has been at least six months now and all they have is the foundation and the parking lot.

lee is right...They were finally all over the construction until we hit this stretch of 100 inches of rain

Hope we are only a week or so away from seeing some vertical construction

10. Default Re: Warren Theatre

I went by there this morning, and there are stacks of girders and quite a bit of raw steel out there, so I'd imagine that we're getting ready to see some upward movement.

11. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I went by there this morning, and there are stacks of girders and quite a bit of raw steel out there, so I'd imagine that we're getting ready to see some upward movement.
    Yeah, that equipment has been there for about 2 weeks. I think we would have seen that upward movement already had it not been for the recent "ark" like rains.

12. Default Re: Warren Theatre

No kidding.

Drove by yesterday and there was a giant crane in the construction area. Drove by today and they had the first section of wall up! It wasn't very wide but it sure was TALL! Can't wait to see this thing take shape!

Hallejulllullulluahh

15. Default Re: Warren Theatre

What? They are actually going to build that thing? Nah...those walls are just there to support the new "Coming Soon" sign. They wanted the world's largest "Coming Soon" sign to go with the World largest whatever it is suppose to be. :-P

anyone got any updates or new pics?

17. Default Re: Warren Theatre

anyone got any updates or new pics?
    There are quite a few walls up now...If you REALLY want pics, I can do a drive by and snap a few.

18. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Setting the foundation for such a big theater had to be a real chore. Oklahoma's red clay laden soil poses a lot of challenges. Try to rush things or just go about "business as usual" gambling nothing bad will happen and you'll run a seriously high risk of having a foundation shifting and cracking in no time.

Movie theater walls tend to go up quick, especially the usual large cinder block style walls. With THX certification going into every auditorium the walls will be filled with sand and capped off with a lot of acoustical wall treatment.

Once all the walls are built up progress will seem like it is dragging. The interior work takes a pretty good chunk of time to complete.

I'm still wondering if Warren Theaters will incorporate digital projection into any or all of the auditoriums. Sony has a new "4K" projector it is finally bringing to market. All other digital cinema projectors are "2K" -meaning their image chips display 2048 X 1080 native pixels. The Sony unit does 4096 X 2160. Downsides? The projector costs more money and not too many movies have their CGI digital special effects and digital intermediates rendered at that high of resolution. Most are just 2K. Sony seems to be driving the 4K trend with 4K rendered movies like Spiderman 3 and The Da Vinci Code. Most feel 4K does a much better job of representing the image detail from a 35mm camera negative. And the higher 4K resolution would be important for the giant sized screens Warren will be installing in this new theater. Mere 2K material would probably have a noticeably visible pixel grid blasted up on a screen 80' across.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby H View Post
    Setting the foundation for such a big theater had to be a real chore. Oklahoma's red clay laden soil poses a lot of challenges. Try to rush things or just go about "business as usual" gambling nothing bad will happen and you'll run a seriously high risk of having a foundation shifting and cracking in no time.

Movie theater walls tend to go up quick, especially the usual large cinder block style walls. With THX certification going into every auditorium the walls will be filled with sand and capped off with a lot of acoustical wall treatment.

Once all the walls are built up progress will seem like it is dragging. The interior work takes a pretty good chunk of time to complete.

I'm still wondering if Warren Theaters will incorporate digital projection into any or all of the auditoriums. Sony has a new "4K" projector it is finally bringing to market. All other digital cinema projectors are "2K" -meaning their image chips display 2048 X 1080 native pixels. The Sony unit does 4096 X 2160. Downsides? The projector costs more money and not too many movies have their CGI digital special effects and digital intermediates rendered at that high of resolution. Most are just 2K. Sony seems to be driving the 4K trend with 4K rendered movies like Spiderman 3 and The Da Vinci Code. Most feel 4K does a much better job of representing the image detail from a 35mm camera negative. And the higher 4K resolution would be important for the giant sized screens Warren will be installing in this new theater. Mere 2K material would probably have a noticeably visible pixel grid blasted up on a screen 80' across.

I can't say for sure, but Mr. Warren doesn't spare any expense. He paid $150,000 just for the "waterfall" curtains for his theater in Wichita. The carpet is custom made in Italy and he is notorious for NOT using slightly used projectors like most other theater companies do. All the projectors are built in the theater and are designed for each individual auditorium. So my guess would be that he will go with the best that is currently on the market...... We'll see....

He sounds like a class act Wichita....Can't wait til it opens and dies down a little

Yeah OGTS, if you get a chance, please take pictures so I don't have to spend my $3.00 a gallon gas driving all the way to Moore just to see the theater.

22. Talking Re: Warren Theatre

I'll try to ride by there this weekend.

I love burning this $3.30 a gallon premium

23. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Yeah OGTS, if you get a chance, please take pictures so I don't have to spend my $3.00 a gallon gas driving all the way to Moore just to see the theater.
    It's not much to look at.

24. Default Re: Warren Theatre

I took a few pictures of the area today (both sides of the highway) and I'll try to stick them up this weekend.

I was by there today and took a couple of pics.
    Both are from the i-35 service rd.

HUGE slabs of concrete! Its going to hide all of the houses.

Thread Information