Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Warren Theatre

Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    new update per their website

MOORE WARREN EXTREME WEATHER NOTICE:
    Due to damage from extreme weather conditions, the Moore Warren is closed.
    We are hoping to re-open on Wednesday, May 29th. Please check back for updates.

More like it.....even if they had the parking lot clear, the interstate access will be blocked for a few more days, I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    I'd say in the region. It's a world class theatre IMO.

I know the directors suite there has almost ruined me for regular movie theaters.

It wasn't until this storm that I knew that the IMAX here and one in Wichita of the same size are the two largest IMAX screens in the world. I had no idea.

4. Default Re: Warren Theatre

actually... not the world, the US, probably. Warren IMAX screens are around 60 feet tall. The one in Sydney is over 90 feet tall.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    actually... not the world, the US, probably. Warren IMAX screens are around 60 feet tall. The one in Sydney is over 90 feet tall.
    I only wrote what's in the Wikipedia entry. Of course, it could be wrong.

"Since the opening of the Warren World Class IMAX in Wichita on December 17, 2010, it has been the top grossing IMAX in North America. The Moore Warren IMAX opened February 24, 2012. Both theaters have 601 seats, a dedicated lobby, 101 ft IMAX 3D screen, a family restroom, and an elevator. The Warren World Class IMAX current size and design has both theaters made to be the largest digital IMAX screens in the world.[13][14]"

Digital IMAX is different than original, traditional, 70mm IMAX theatres. They run smaller due to resolution limitations with the digital projectors.

7. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Digital IMAX is different than original, traditional, 70mm IMAX theatres. They run smaller due to resolution limitations with the digital projectors.
    I learned something new today, thanks.

8. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Good news: the Warren is re-opening tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Good news: the Warren is re-opening tomorrow.
    Excellent -- I made the mistake of going to the AMC IMAX in Quail Springs Mall.

45 minutes of commercials later......... yuck. Won't make that mistake again.

10. Default Re: Warren Theatre

can anyone confirm it is actually up and running? I am thinking about going tonight. also, are all the exits still closed into moore so what would be best way to get in? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    can anyone confirm it is actually up and running? I am thinking about going tonight. also, are all the exits still closed into moore so what would be best way to get in? Thanks
    The Warren and all of the exits off of I-35 in Moore are open. Enjoy your movie tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    I went to see Star Trek in the IMAX on Wednesday night. The theater is completely operational and most definitely open.

And, the exits are open all around the theater. Even the 4th street exit is open, which surprised me. I will say though, that it's pretty eery around the Warren right now. You have the car "graveyard" in the front of the parking lot and the destroyed hospital and bowling alley. It was really, really awesome to go to a movie on Wednesday night. Just sitting down in the seat was a feeling of victory and comfort after the events of the last week and a half. But, coming out of the theater at night you are struck by the destruction so nearby and the combination of that and the sound of the generators and the spotlights in the area definitely make it a very surreal feeling.

I've been wanting to see Star Trek as well so I guess I'll have to make the trip this weekend.

Kind of interesting: What is listed as "Regal Warren Oklahoma City" but I'm assuming is actually Moore was in the top 10 nationwide for the latest Harry Potter franchise movie this past weekend:
    https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend...of-dumbledore/

‘Dumbledore’ Specifics
    The top 10 highest-grossing domestic locations included some perhaps-surprising ones in places like Montreal, Salt Lake City, and Oklahoma City:

1. AMC Lincoln Square NY
    2. AMC Burbank
    3. AMC Disney Springs Orlando
    4. AMC Empire NY
    5. AMC Citywalk Stadium LA
    6. Cineplex Odeon Brossard Montreal
    7. AMC Century City LA
    8. Santikos Palladium San Antonio
    9. Larry Miller Jordan Commons Megaplex Salt Lake City
    10. Regal Warren Oklahoma City

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    Kind of interesting: What is listed as "Regal Warren Oklahoma City" but I'm assuming is actually Moore was in the top 10 nationwide for the latest Harry Potter franchise movie this past weekend:
    https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend...of-dumbledore/
    Almost like people predicting the downfall of this theater when Regal took over were asinine. It has been a top 10 to 15 theater in the country since the day it opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I've been wanting to see Star Trek as well so I guess I'll have to make the trip this weekend.
    Bummer is I never went and saw Star Trek.

17. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Well lucky you. Start Trek 2's re-screening for the 40th anniversary is happening in September at the Moore Warren. I've already got my tickets

KKKHHHHAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Well lucky you. Start Trek 2's re-screening for the 40th anniversary is happening in September at the Moore Warren. I've already got my tickets

KKKHHHHAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
    That is lucky.

Thread Information