Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Warren Theatre

1. Default Re: Warren Theatre

tee hee, I love Texas Roadhouse.. how do they manage to stay in business with all of that food! The portion sizes/prices are incredible!

I love the Catfish. And the Bread with 'Honey' butter.. ( I think it's honey).

The one near Quail Springs has lines out the door every night.. you have to call ahead just to even think about getting in to eat. It's crazy with all the peanut shells on the floor. Go figure.

Based on the few times I've been to Moore .. overall, I think it is a nice city - it's really growing - I know they have good schools ...but really, I've only seen a little bit of Moore.

I like Norman too... I think some of their older neighborhoods are so beautiful.. I've only been there a few times but was very impressed with that city as well.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Default Re: Warren Theatre

I know the local restaurant only crowd disagrees, but my wife and I have never had a bad filet there...Can't beat a very solid filet for only $15

3. Default Re: Warren Theatre

You're not kidding.. I had a steak there that was amazingly good.. and under $18 .. it was delicious...
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

TOOO FUNNY! That is exactly right ... If I am recalling correctly, my grandmother took my sister and I to that theater and we saw Star Wars too. I vaguely remember but she wouldn't have taken us any other location as they lived in Moore and we were staying with them! I was about 6 or 7 ... YES, Getting OLD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Technically, it will be Moore's second movie theater.

The first one used to reside on NW 5th and City Avenue, where the Lazer Tag is now located. (adjacent to the Salvation Army store....which used to be a Humpty Dumpty and IGA grocery store)

It was a two-screen theater. I remember it vividly. It's where I first saw Star Wars in 1977....when I was 5 years old.

Damn...I'm gettin' old.

5. Wink Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I know the local restaurant only crowd disagrees, but my wife and I have never had a bad filet there...Can't beat a very solid filet for only $15
    I absolutely love their 12oz ribeye with sauteed mushrooms......and all less than $15!!!

Saltgrass makes a great steak too, but for the same $15, I can "only" get an 8oz sirloin, and would have to pay an extra $4 for the mushrooms.

I used to be in love with Outback's steaks...but Tex...Oklahoma Roadhouse has 'em beat.

The first one used to reside on NW 5th and City Avenue,
    Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds.

7. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
    Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds.
    I stand corrected.

Thanks for the history lesson. It's hard to believe that Moore only officially became a city in 1962.

By the way the images are absolutely great and I really appreciate them being posted.

It does remind me of the the grand old theaters of my childhood. I remember so many of those wonderful old venues so fondly. Everything I've read about this Warren theater makes me believe it will be a special experience.

Thanks again for the images.

9. Default Re: Warren Theatre

After going to one in Wichita last year, I cannot wait to go see a movie here.

My wife and a friend went by the theatre today and just walked in. She talked to someone who I assume was the manager. The guy said that they'll open April 3, but that you can call the Monday before to buy tickets. To get tickets for the balcony area though you have to go by the theatre because you have to show ID. He said that they'll be showing Leatherheads (or whatever it is called) on one of the big screens.

Anyway, I read the article in the Moore monthly free news paper thingy and I'm pretty excited about this. Real butter on the popcorn. Wide, heated seats. Top of the line projectors and sound. Should be incredible. Traffic is going to be a nightmare though.

11. Default Re: Warren Theatre

Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Anyone know what the ticket prices are going to be like?
    The web site as of today says "coming soon" for prices. The opening date is reported as April 4th.

The other theater's prices are online though and are $7 and $9 with the balcony seating being $12 and $18. Balcony is 21 and over.

need some pictures of the inside.

Actually the very first Moore theater I remember was across the street east from the Old School (now the Old School Business Center). The building is still there. My mother took me there to watch the 1953 movie, War of the Worlds
    I was going to post also...Although when we moved to Moore in the summer of 68,
    This theater was already closed...The one on 5th street...I don't remember when it opened, but I was a young teen...

what was the name of that theatre between 12th & 5th? -M

Has anyone seen the commercials that have been playing? I saw them on KFOR during the Tonight Show/Late Night, but they've probably played at other times...

Yes I did they are opening the theater april 4th

Crossroads Mall (and Crossroads 16 cinema) is indeed in Oklahoma City. However, its location on SE 74th is only one mile north of the Moore city limits (89th) and so it has in effect served as "Moore's theater" for the past decade or so since there has been no theater in Moore proper. Of course this will change drastically with the opening of Warren. I don't know whether the remark about restricting the audience to 18+ in the evenings was meant to be taken seriously, but in fact the balcony (higher prices) with special food and drink service will be limited to adults.
    Incidentally you have to wonder about the future of Crossroads 16 cincema, since such a large share of its audience has come from Moore.

actually, moore only extends a few blocks north of 104th street. s. 104th okc is the same as n. 27th in moore. the northern-most street in moore is n. 35th. so... it's more like two miles away from 74th in okc. no big deal, just fyi. -M

Well When the crossroads cinema 16 opened up all my highschool friends would go to that because we didnt have one in moore, and when i would go on firdays i would see a whole lot of moore highschools students there, so yes the warren theater will make a big impact on the crossroads cinema theater, I am planning on going to warrens with my wife, and plan on taking our little ones to it if it is as magical as what they are saying it is..

It is now completely lit up at night and it is impressive

Felt like a little kid when I drove by it last night...Nice sight

well, I tried to drive in and look at the posters they have displayed to see what would be playing and a security guard stopped me at the entrance and said no one is allowed up near the front. I told him I was just curious what would be showing, And he said the grand opening is april 4th. okay, That was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    Wow, all this time I thought Crossroads was in Moore because I have some friends we used to visit off of Bryant and 19th/27th street? We went to the Movies with them at the mall.. all this time, I thought Crossroads was in Moore!

I have to add, I'm not very familiar with Moore (I'm still sort of nervous to drive alone without knowing exactly where I'm going in this state! That damn turnpike... I'm sure I'll end up in Tulsa again! No freaking exits! ) ... and I'm still not too sure where all the boundaries are. I like to stay close to home!

But, I do like Harkins Theater and have never experienced any problems there with movie goers. I wasn't all that comfortable at Crossroads Theater... it was a little worrisome at night with the kids.
    Sorry for the aside, but this post is a PERFECT example of why I've always contended we shoujld have a "South Oklahoma City" board in this forum. For as long as I've lived in SW OKC, which is essentially all of my life, people outside the area just assume SW OKC and Moore are essentially one and the same, and it simply isn't true. I tell people my zip, and they try to tell me I live in Moore, and I have to argue with them that I don't.

There are several nice retail and residential areas in south Oklahoma City, from I-240 Penn Park to Chatenay, Greenbriar, Lakeridge, and emerging developments to the west and south - and *all* are Oklahoma City areas.

This isn't intended at all to offend Moore folks, its just to get someone to recognize that Moore is NOT SW Oklahoma City. Part of this problem, I'm sure, stems from the fact that the Moore school district extends north into OKC up to SW 82nd...

Again, sorry for the diversion, but we need a S. OKC Forum!

-soonerdave

[QUOTE=redland;135124]Crossroads Mall (and Crossroads 16 cinema) is indeed in Oklahoma City. However, its location on SE 74th is only one mile north of the Moore city limits (89th) ....QUOTE]

* sigh *, no. Oklahoma City limits extend well south of 89th, as noted in another post. The Oklahoma County-Cleveland County dividing line is, in fact 89th street.

They updated the website this morning:

Opening Day - April 4, 2008 - 11:30am

Tickets go on sale online on Wednesday, April 2
    Get them at MovieTickets.com.
    Outside ticketing windows will be open to sell advanced days tickets on Wednesday April 2 from 11:00am until 7:00pm. They will not be open on Thursday, April 3rd.

Showtime information will be available at WarrenTheatres.com on Tuesday, April 1 at around 6:30pm.
    *This date and time could be sooner!*

Ticket Prices
    Matinee (Before 6pm) $7.00
    Evening (6pm and Later) $9.00
    Children (3-12) $7.00
    Seniors (55+) $7.00
    Balcony (Matinee) $12.00
    Balcony (Evening) $18.00

Thread Information