Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods

Default Dick's Sporting Goods

OK, so Tulsa is going to get its third. Has anyone heard if OKC is going to have any opened soon?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...1_DicksS295287

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick's isn't that great, but is better than Academy. REI is much better, hopefully they come to Oklahoma eventually.

3. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Dick's isn't that great, but is better than Academy. REI is much better, hopefully they come to Oklahoma eventually.
    AGREE! REI > Dick's > Academy

Blog Entries

If Dick's is better, it is an inperceptable difference. Neither is special at all.

The family that owns Academy is selling out to KKR (Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts), Henry Kravis was born in Tulsa.

The New York Times - K.K.R. to Buy Sporting Goods Chain

Whats the deal with Tulsa getting 3 Dick's Sporting Goods Stores? Surely OKC will be getting a Dick's soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Whats the deal with Tulsa getting 3 Dick's Sporting Goods Stores? Surely OKC will be getting a Dick's soon.
    That lends itself to a rude comment but I'll pass. LOL

Oh

I see what you did there.

Dick's is not better than Academy. The decor may be better, but the merchandise at Dick's is weak, unless all you like is regular flex shafted golf clubs and jogging gear. Academy has loads of outdoor stuff that Dick's does not.

It depends on the Dick's store, some are very large and have much more than other stores. Especially ones like the acquired Galyan's chain like Stonebrier Mall in Frisco. I preferred Galyan's to Dick's, also prefer Gander Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    It depends on the Dick's store, some are very large and have much more than other stores.
    I agree with this. The bigger Dick's are so much better.

Maybe Dick's & Cox could do something together?

Moore should be getting one behind Best Buy once the developer and homeowners come to an agreement

Quote Originally Posted by soonerliberal View Post
    AGREE! REI > Dick's > Academy
    Agreed. But we are still on level one.

16. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

I've only been in one of the super-sized Dicks's Sporting Goods stores. Of course that was a HUGE store and not one of the normal ones. But I will say it felt like they didn't really have anything that different than Academy. Unless they have more of a sporting goods focus rather than Outdoor...but that't not the impression I got. Seems like two flavors of the same thing...one just spends more on the look of the store.

It wouldn't hurt to have some competition for Academy though bombermwc.

I'm all for some new retail competition but Dicks only appears to be bigger and has a little better store design. But I will say that the last several times I've been in academy I've been impressed with what they had. They offer basically everything you'll need sporting wise, and usually at a good price. I think people dog it because of the look of some of their stores. Nothing very fancy.

19. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

The Dick's stores in Northern Virginia have a wider selection of New Balance and North Face items than Academy did the last time I went around Christmastime, but those brands are more of a personal preference.

Don't get me wrong I like Academy, But again it woudn't hurt to have competition. Dicks Sporting Goods needs to open a store over in the Quail Springs area for starters.

21. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

I'm definitely not against competition or anything. I think it would be great to have another option. But I just won't be wetting my pants in anticipation for it like some folks here are....because it's pretty much the same store.....that is unless we got a mega-store. Then that's a whole new ball of wax.

I can't wait for Moore Dick's.

No.. just no.. lol.

I think I am very glad certain friends of mine don't post here. The thread would probably be locked already.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I think I am very glad certain friends of mine don't post here. The thread would probably be locked already.
    Hopefully, the administrators of OKCTALK understand that not all posters are childish and inmature and won't lock it.

Thread Information