Widgets Magazine
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 293031323334

Thread: IKEA

Default Re: IKEA

that wouldn't be a accurate number to base it off of. when the frisco location was announced the population was 4.6 million and when the grand prarie location was announced it was5.8 million

2. Default Re: IKEA

Quote Originally Posted by midtownokcer View Post
    Good news. Looks like OKC now has a free pickup point for orders over $50 as an option from the IKEA website located at a trucking/logistics depot labeled as CRST/NAL OKC pickup point at 1815 S. Agnew.

Tulsa doesn't appear to have a pickup point yet.
    Has anyone used this? I tried to have something picked up there instead of home delivery and can't seem to make it pick that point. I always get Frisco?

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    that wouldn't be a accurate number to base it off of. when the frisco location was announced the population was 4.6 million and when the grand prarie location was announced it was5.8 million
    Where did you get your numbers from, Macrotend? The DFW-Arlington metro had these population figures per the official Decennial census: 2000 5.2 mil ; 2010 6.4 mil and 2020 7.7 mil. IKEA Frisco opened in 2005 and Grand Prarie in 2017. So when Frisco opened, DFW had approx 5.8 mil and Grand Prairie around 7.1 mil.

Anyway, back to IKEA!

i am basing these numbers from when the stores were announced. not when they opened

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    i am basing these numbers from when the stores were announced. not when they opened
    Your population figures are still too low based on the government census figures. Frisco was announced in 2004 and Grand Prairie in 2016, DFW already had 5.2 mil in 2000 and 6.4 mil in 2010. Your numbers are a whopping 1.2 mil + short of what the census says otherwise so I'm curious where you are getting your figures from. Mine is from the government census

I don't see what the big deal is about IKEA. Their products seem to be of low quality, suitable only for apartments and tiny houses. Good place for families to hang out though.

We replaced many of our overhead light fixtures in our house with lighting from Ikea. We've also bought tons of little things there, but we haven't purchased any major furniture pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is about IKEA. Their products seem to be of low quality, suitable only for apartments and tiny houses. Good place for families to hang out though.
    That's been debunked a long time ago. We currently have 2 CD/DVD/Blu-ray storage cabinets from them that have survived moving from IL to WA to WA to OKC, and they're still sturdy as hell.

Blog Entries

Just like a lot of furniture stores sell low quality items (ever been to Mathis Bros, et al). Some of what they sell is very inexpensive and none of their furniture is meant to be legacy furniture. But most is solid, stylish enough, and lasts a pretty long time. Overall, they are a great value store for affordable furniture options for many, many people. Not everyone can spend $10,000 for a dining room table or a sofa, or $1,500 for an end table.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    ... lasts a pretty long time. ...
    Forgot to add another data point - in addition to moving a bunch of times and not falling apart, they're about 20 years old.

The majority of their products are actually pretty high quality, even stuff on the cheaper end of the spectrum. I've had an Ikea Malm platform bed for over 10 years and it's been pretty solid, despite being veneered particle board. I've also got some stainless steel towel racks and hangers that have withstood the test of time, so far. They offer products across a wide range from very cheap up to very expensive (even solid wood furniture!) and I'd say most are well-designed and better quality than you'd find most other places for the same type of product. There's a reason Ikea is highly regarded by most of their customers.

Thread Information