Widgets Magazine

Thread: Web Development with CMS

Default Web Development with CMS

Has any webmasters or developers dove into the powerful new world of Content Management Systems (CMS) out there? You've probably heard of some already like phpnuke. But I wanted to see if anyone has really gotten deep into them, me and a few other developer friends of mine have gotten some pretty slick results out of them. And they make keeping your site updated, a breeze.

The best part of a the new cms apps available, are most of them are free. So instead of paying a couple hundred bucks to find out if an app will work for you, you can try it for free, as a matter of fact theirs even a site http://opensourcecms.com where you can try out the app free online.

So for you developers till coding in notepad (like me), you should really give it a look.

2. Default Re: Web Development with CMS

I am in the process of developing my own CMS for keeping www.okcpulse.com updated more easily. I am writing PHP and Javascript code taylored specifically for that site. I am also studying up on AJAX for a web app I would like to add to my site.

I will, however, give your link a look, as I have been writing code (among other projects) for a month.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Default Re: Web Development with CMS

Excellent! Shoot me a link when you get it going. AJAX, I've gotta get more familiar with it. I'd like to understand the standards of it a bit better, although I'm writing some sorta Ajax code now.

4. Default Re: Web Development with CMS

I will definetely do that.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Default Re: Web Development with CMS

I don't have the talent to design a site from scrath so i've been using a CMS for years on various sites. I've currently moved all the sites I update often to Joomla though on my blog I run wordpress.

Thread Information