Widgets Magazine

Thread: Lake Arcadia a dump

Survey Guest

Default Lake Arcadia a dump

Please avoid this lake for swimming. It has very nice boat ramps and picnic areas, but the city of Edmond doesn't maintain the swim beach. The water is extremely filthy, and the quality of visitors stinks. The city of Edmond could do better, especially since they're charing 7 or 8 bucks a car, or whatever it is now.

2. Default Re: Lake Arcadia a dump

It is indeed nasty to swim in, Ill just take the kids to the pool and avoid it.

3. Default Re: Lake Arcadia a dump

Yes, I find it strange that this lake is so unkempt - right in one of the areas of OK where resources are plentiful to correct the problem.

We used to jetski there which was nice because we were out pretty far on the lake.. but the shoreline is littered with dirty diapers and garbage.

The visitors all bring very loud 'ghetto blasters' and the music isn't played in English. It's extremely loud.

But really, I have not one problem with whoever visits the lake except can't they at least throw the garbage in the can 6 inches away... and for God's sake, don't pull off a diaper in the water and let it float away!

I think a good solution would be to have a few weeks of Littering infractions and tickets issued. That might put a scare into some people.
    I've found glass and aluminum cans buried in the sand just a few feet into the shallow water.. come on people?! Toddlers wade in this water!

I think it is wrong on so many levels to come to a place of beauty and nature where people bring their children to play in the sand and water and just desecrate the whole area, essentially ruining it for everyone else's enjoyment.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

4. Default Re: Lake Arcadia a dump

Here is contact info for the Lake... I emailed and asked someone to come here and discuss what we can do to remedy the problem. I hope they have some ideas.. even a volunteer clean up day.

I'm leaning more towards heavy fines for littering.. there is no excuse for spoiling the area for everyone else.

nicole.offutts@ci.edmond.ok.us

Edited: The above email is being returned.. that is the only contact email for Lake Arcadia on the site..

Here is the City Manager's email. I invited her to come and respond as well.

vicki.martin@edmondok.com
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Thread Information