Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pearl's Lakeside

Default Pearl's Lakeside

My girlfriend and I ate there last night. This is the first time I had eaten there. The atmosphere was more spacious and uplifting than the other Pearl's which seem dark and cramped. The views of Lake Hefner were of course superb. The food was average for Pearl's. Nothing I'd too highly recommend but not bad. Prices are reasonable although portion sizes seemed to be a bit small. I ordered the Blackened Tuna Sandwich with shoestring potatoes. The Tuna was good but needed a little something more. The shoestring potatoes were just like frenchfries but so long they were hard to eat. My date had the cajun chicken dinner. She seemed to enjoy it. Norman singer rising to fame, Camille Harp, was playing on the outdoor patio. The view was amazing.

Default Re: Pearl's Lakeside

Regardless of the concept currently going on, I've enjoyed every restaurant that has been in that location.

Rambo Guest

Eaten at Pearl's Lakeside twice now. I've always been pleased with it. The food doesn't seem too much different from other Pearls locations. As already stated, the view is absolutely amazing. Service is similar to other locations.

Overall, I give the Pearls chain an A-. Not bad, but not A+ material either. I'd rate it higher than Red Lobster though. Red Lobster doesn't suit me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo
    Overall, I give the Pearls chain an A-. Not bad, but not A+ material either. I'd rate it higher than Red Lobster though. Red Lobster doesn't suit me anymore.
    It's about 500 notches above Red Lobster.

The only reason that chain is still around is their cheese biscuits!

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It's about 500 notches above Red Lobster.

The only reason that chain is still around is their cheese biscuits!
    It's funny you mention those cheese biscuits. My wife always wants to go to Red Lobster when we have a coupon. She mainly just goes there because she likes their cheese biscuits!

I agree. I wouldn't even think Red Lobster is close to Pearls or anything. I'd only go there for cheese biscuits as well. I think Red Lobster is tacky at best.

Thread Information