Widgets Magazine

Thread: Community BBQ

Imported Goods Guest

Default Community BBQ

What do you guys think about a HUGE Edmond Community BBQ? Get the whole town involved. Five dollars all you can eat from all the different restaurants. Can we organize something like this? What do you think Metro?

Default Re: Community BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Imported Goods
    What do you guys think about a HUGE Edmond Community BBQ? Get the whole town involved. Five dollars all you can eat from all the different restaurants. Can we organize something like this? What do you think Metro?
    Edmond has something similar in the summer called the Taste of Edmond (around late June or early July, if I remember right). I think its $5 or $10 and something like 50 restaurants are represented offering a taste of their food.

Proceeds go towards funding what is considered by many nationally to be one of the top 5 Fourth of July celebrations in the country.

3. Default Re: Community BBQ

I think this would be great, have it atStephenson Park or somewhere similar in an open field area. Have some bands playing and just good fun for the whole family.

Patrick Guest

The city of Edmond already does a pretty fine job with their Taste of Edmond. At the present time, I don't think OKCTalk is big enough to put such an event. We had a rough time getting 6 folks to show up for a Redhawks game a few weeks ago!!!!!!

Imported Goods Guest

LOL! Well, it wouldn't just be a OKCTalk deal, I know how to throw these things! But it sounds like the Taste of Edmond deal is exactly what I'm talking about. And to theImmortal's post, yeah, a family deal. It seems like Taste of Edmond is the 4th of July celebration, is that correct? I want to do something that focuses on FOOD! And the love of EATING! A celebration for the family, but more importantly, us fat boys!! I think Edmond is really great about trying new foods.

Imported Goods Guest

You guys know who I can talk to to get more info on the Taste of Edmond? Thanks for the replies.

Patrick Guest

Just give Edmond City Hall a call.

Yeah I think Taste of Edmond is your best bet. There are several festivals, events already set up throughout the year and to add another one might be difficult without alot of funding. I think the the above event is the best for what your trying to do.

Here's some info about the event along with an email address.

http://www.libertyfest.com/Libertyfe...teofEdmond.php

libertyfest_taste_of_edmond@cox.net

I don't know how often the above address gets checked, so here is what seems to be the main email for the entire week of events.

libertyfest@libertyfest.org

10. Default Re: Community BBQ

Here is what I found on the Edmond Convention and Visitors Bureau's website:

LibertyFest Taste of Edmond - Downtown Edmond
    Kick off LibertyFest by bringing your appetite and zest for delicious foods! Edmond's finest eateries will be setting the downtown streets afire serving up dishes that will please even the pickiest eater. Bon Appetite! (405) 341-5548

There is official contact information for the board at this web address http://www.visitedmondok.com/index.html

Thread Information