Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

Default Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

FROM CNN:

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexico's Congress on Friday approved a bill decriminalizing possession of small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use, prompting U.S. criticism that the measure could harm anti-drug efforts.

(rest of article)
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

-- So now, if you vacation to Mexico, apparently, it will be okay to shoot up, do a few lines, or smoke a joint.

Expect Cancun to mushroom in terms of its tourist population.

Keith Guest

Default Re: Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

FROM CNN:

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexico's Congress on Friday approved a bill decriminalizing possession of small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use, prompting U.S. criticism that the measure could harm anti-drug efforts.

(rest of article)
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

-- So now, if you vacation to Mexico, apparently, it will be okay to shoot up, do a few lines, or smoke a joint.

Expect Cancun to mushroom in terms of its tourist population.
    Yeah, and watch their death rate go up due to overdoses. I guess they decided that if they could not enforce the law against drugs....they'll just make 'em legal.

3. Default Re: Mexico set to legalize personal amounts of pot, cocaine, heroin

I heard this morning that "El Presidente" vetoed it. It will not be law after all. Thank goodness for that.

I don't have a problem with them legalizing Marijuana. I pretty much equate that with drinking alcohol. (doesn't mean I partake, though!) But, HEROIN and COCAINE??? Sheesh. What is their Congress thinking?

Thread Information