Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

I've not posted too much here once I got the notion that not that many in OkcTalk were wholly hooked on the Hornets and/or the NBA as I have become ... which is why I've been doing much more at http://www.hornetscentral.com than I have here of late. I'm comfortable there in the land of like-minded-compulsive obsessive OkcHornets peoople, all in serious need of mental health care!

In any event, it may be that some of you would be interested in a post-1st-season anthology I've put together which is intended to document via the nation's press Oklahoma City's inaugural NBA season.

The html version is at http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/HornetsMedia.htm. The PDF bookmarked and hypertexted version is at http://www.dougloudenback.com/hornets/HornetsMedia.pdf

The PDF file is 1.23 MB and prints out at 145 pages.

GO HORNETS!

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

I don't think it's that people here aren't interested in the Hornets. I think everyone here is happy to have an NBA team here. I think HornetsCentral has just proved to be the key forum attracting discussion on that topic. Heck, when I have Hornets stuff to post, even I go over there. No hard feelings there. I know one of the guys involved in Hornets Central very well (goobersmooch). Good friend of mine from church. He's also fixing to do a complete re-design of the site.

I think the sites are just geared for different interests. This is more of a site to come and talk about happenings around OKC and general discussion. Hornets Central is more for just the Hornets. I bet if you tried to start forums on HornetsCentral about general stuff going on in OKC, it probably wouldn't get much interest.

Just different focuses for the different forums.

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    I don't think it's that people here aren't interested in the Hornets. I think everyone here is happy to have an NBA team here. I think HornetsCentral has just proved to be the key forum attracting discussion on that topic. Heck, when I have Hornets stuff to post, even I go over there. No hard feelings there. I know one of the guys involved in Hornets Central very well (goobersmooch). Good friend of mine from church. He's also fixing to do a complete re-design of the site.

I think the sites are just geared for different interests. This is more of a site to come and talk about happenings around OKC and general discussion. Hornets Central is more for just the Hornets. I bet if you tried to start forums on HornetsCentral about general stuff going on in OKC, it probably wouldn't get much interest.

Just different focuses for the different forums.
    I wasn't knocking OkcTalk, Patrick, just giving an explanation for my substantial absense! :respect:

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback
    I wasn't knocking OkcTalk, Patrick, just giving an explanation for my substantial absense! :respect:
    Oh, I knew that. I was just trying to explain why we hadn't pushed the Hornets section more.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

When the NBA becomes a permanent fixture in Oklahoma City, I'll be hooked for good. For now, I'm just trying to remain cautiously optimistic. Here in Houston, I brag on the Hornets' success in Oklahoma City, and folks are listening.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Just remember Doug the undistputed #1 Hornets Fan is here. Gofigger that, thanks for your tireless effort and incomparable post.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by upisgr8
    Just remember Doug the undistputed #1 Hornets Fan is here. Gofigger that, thanks for your tireless effort and incomparable post.
    Hey, are you renewing your season tickets next year?

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Hey, are you renewing your season tickets next year?
    Done deal Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    Gofigger - Undisputed! Ha! No way... I'm taking that title .. Let's arm wrestle.

I even lost my kids at the party so I could get the ball signed by Chris Paul ( remember!)

Sacrificing my children for an autograph!

I think that qualifies me as a true fan!

LOL
    Karied I think that put you in the thick of the race. We are ALL OBSESSED!

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

LOl - With Doug and his Honeybee restraint order ( not really) I believe you are correct, we have all been brainwashed and have fallen, deeply, madly in love with this team. Obsessed doesn't even cover it.. I just dropped $200 bucks to send my 8 yr old to Chris Paul Basketball camp for three days.. sheesh. I'm more excited than he is! I need therapy.

I'm starting a support group. My name is Karried and I'm a Hornetolic.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Gofigger - Undisputed! Ha! No way... I'm taking that title .. Let's arm wrestle.

I even lost my kids at the party so I could get the ball signed by Chris Paul ( remember!)

Sacrificing my children for an autograph!

I think that qualifies me as a true fan!

LOL

11. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

OK Everyone "Hi Karried" .... I'm upisgr8..err Gofigger..err whatever I'm a Hornaholic.

12. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Doug LOL - it will take more than 'duck' tape! Ask my husband!

You'll notice I put (not really) after my reference to your Honeybee incident... just to clarify for those who might assume that Doug really does have a restraining order ( he doesn't) - it's an inside joke we share with Doug referring to his unbridled admiration for the Honeybees.. he was nominated as Person Most Likely to Have a Restraining Order Regarding the Honeybees! ha,ha.. he didn't win though. It's all in good fun!

Go Hornets!!

13. Default Re: Oklahoma City Hornets Reader

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    Doug LOL - it will take more than 'duck' tape! Ask my husband!

You'll notice I put (not really) after my reference to your Honeybee incident... just to clarify for those who might assume that Doug really does have a restraining order ( he doesn't) - it's an inside joke we share with Doug referring to his unbridled admiration for the Honeybees.. he was nominated as Person Most Likely to Have a Restraining Order Regarding the Honeybees! ha,ha.. he didn't win though.

Go Hornets!!
    I wuz robbed by Hornets8thSeed ... he wouldn't let me get out his pocket.

Patrick Guest

Is there an age limit on the Chris Paul camp? lol!

Thread Information