Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible hotel/convention center and shopping mall coming to I-35.

Default Re: Possible hotel/convention center and shopping mall coming to I-35.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Its located at an interstate with service roads and a large cross street (15th), if there is going to be more traffic congestion I think this location would handle it best.

I-35 and Covell is an even newer intersection..the best part is, there is no other cause for congestion there...I think people keep getting scared that if they build "way out there" no one will come..which I don't think is true.

2. Default Re: Possible hotel/convention center and shopping mall coming to I-35.

"Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only perscription is... more sprawl."

What's the status of this project?

Shopping malls are a dying beast, IMO. Too much overhead and retail prices are criminal! Online shopping is the better choice. Quail Springs is just fine for Edmond. I would hate to see Quail Springs become like Crossroads Mall.

If anything, it would be an outdoor mall like The Plaza in Kansas City and I don't think it would be as large as that--probably half the size. I seriously don't think it would take away from Quail Springs which serves all of Edmond and NW Oklahoma City (those that don't want to travel to Penn Square). The only business it would take away is those coming south on I-35...

Quote Originally Posted by sacolton View Post
    Shopping malls are a dying beast, IMO. Too much overhead and retail prices are criminal! Online shopping is the better choice. Quail Springs is just fine for Edmond. I would hate to see Quail Springs become like Crossroads Mall.
    Speaking as "professional shopper", I like to be able to touch and feel things before I buy. There are some good deals online but I've found sale items to be much cheaper in store. For example at the Gap 3 weeks ago, I found cute jeans for $6.97. Bought a couple of pairs and decided to buy more for my girls. They were still $19.97 online. You do have to shop to find the deals, and for me it's the thrill of the hunt!

Thread Information