Widgets Magazine

Thread: Pls Help! Responsible College Student wants Part Time Work

atctracy Guest

Default Pls Help! Responsible College Student wants Part Time Work

Hi Everyone,
    I am kind of new to the OKC area, I just moved to OK from Mississippi in October of last year. I am presently living in Edmond and taking classes through the summer term at OKCCC then transferring to UCO in the fall. I am looking for part time work, no more than 20 hours a week. Any ideas? I am a non-traditional student aka older, very reliable and responsible at age 28, 8 years of service in the USAF. I thought maybe a few lunch shifts (at a busy restaurant) during the week would make good use of my available time. Oh and I have worked in Edmond as a realtor's assistant and have my OK real estate sales license. Most realtors seem to want full time assistants though. Any suggestions?? Or inside info on a job lead? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Pls Help! Responsible College Student wants Part Time Work

For part time you're probably better off going with fast food, retail, or restaurant work. There's quite a few restuarants, retail stores, and fast food places in Edmond. Take your pick. You might also check out The Vista, UCO's official newspaper, which has classified postings. Finally, you might check with UCO's job placement services. As a student their they can help you find a job if you need the help. They're up in the University Center...can't remember what floor, but I'm thinking the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Patrick Guest

The new Wal-Mart Super Center over off 15th and I-35 should be opening in a few months. You might check with them. I bet the Wal-Mart at Broadway and 33rd will have some info. as the new store will be replacing that store.

Patrick Guest

Here's UCO's The Vista: http://www.thevistaonline.com/

Welcome to OKC!

Thread Information