Widgets Magazine

Thread: Recycling in Okc.....

Default Recycling in Okc.....

How many of you use the recycling bins provided by the city of Oklahoma?

I recycle every week, as the bin is collected the same day as the trash. I do appreciate the city in its effort of recycling, although I personally find the little blue bin to be just that, little. The little blue is not large enough for weekly recycling.

Many cities are now using a large recycling container much like Oklahoma cities large trash bin. The large recycling bin is collected with an automated truck the same as the trash trucks that we have now.

Would Okc be better off going to the larger recycling bin?

I believe it would allow the citizens of Okc to recycle more every week.

Any other thoughts on recycling?

Keith Guest

Default Re: Recycling in Okc.....

Quote Originally Posted by okclee
    How many of you use the recycling bins provided by the city of Oklahoma?

I recycle every week, as the bin is collected the same day as the trash. I do appreciate the city in its effort of recycling, although I personally find the little blue bin to be just that, little. The little blue is not large enough for weekly recycling.

Many cities are now using a large recycling container much like Oklahoma cities large trash bin. The large recycling bin is collected with an automated truck the same as the trash trucks that we have now.

Would Okc be better off going to the larger recycling bin?

I believe it would allow the citizens of Okc to recycle more every week.

Any other thoughts on recycling?
    I think the City is doing an excellent job by providing the recycling bins for residents to use. Many of my neighbors use theirs faithfully, however, mine got stolen months ago and I never had it replaced.

As much milk and bottled water that we drink, I could fill one of those recycling bins in no time. I also think that OKC should have a larger size recycling bin, and if a resident wants to go to the bigger size, then it would be an option to them. The larger bin should only go to the ones who want them.

I know that many residents complained when the Big Blue cans were delivered, because they were so used to having their trash picked up twice a week. I think the once a week pick up is enough, plus having big junk day each month is a bonus.

3. Default Re: Recycling in Okc.....

I'm glad to see Edmond and OKC promoting recycling. I go to school in Shawnee where they have no such program. I think it would be great to have bigger bins or have some way of collecting other items that they don't at this time. I think this is one thing that will help attract the young creative class that we always talk about. Recycling is going to be important to those kind of people.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

All you have to do is call the city and request an additional blue bin. I have three of them. They will pick them all up at the same time. It's just a phone call to get it replaced...Keith, I urge you to call.

OKC is in the lower 5% of cities with citizens who recycle in the nation. It's disgraceful...the majority of the people on this board say that they are proud of the city we live in, yet don't recycle; instead filling our landfills. Let's all decide to recycle for the betterment of OKC and the environment.

(okay...off my soapbox now)

Oklahoma City has done an excellent job with its recycling program for several years now. I also recycle every week, and the bin is sometimes too small, but I remember a time when my neighborhood didn't even have a recycling pick-up program. I think the Village uses large bins, like the trash cans, for recycling, but their bins are only emptied once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84
    I'm glad to see Edmond and OKC promoting recycling. I go to school in Shawnee where they have no such program. I think it would be great to have bigger bins or have some way of collecting other items that they don't at this time. I think this is one thing that will help attract the young creative class that we always talk about. Recycling is going to be important to those kind of people.

When I lived in Shawnee I wrote to the city requesting for trash dumpsters or bins like what OKC & Edmond have. I sent the letter to the comissioner like I was told to. I never received a response back. It was disappointing. Area's in Shawnee could be alot cleaner if people had an area to place their trash in.
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

Thread Information