Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Block 42

Default Re: Block 42

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    It's still up, kind of perplexing. I was wondering the same.

Nice thing is I can take some photos of it and pass it off to non-OKCers as more new construction to add to our current boom. (Weird how projects like Central Avenue Villas, Block 42, Centennial, etc that were in the first post-MAPS wave no longer have a place in the development rundown)
    Because they are several years old and as it is, we have almost 100 projects and it's growing all the time.

I would like to create a "recently completed" list for all post-MAPS urban stuff. It's on a long to-do list.

2. Default Re: Block 42

When are they gonna be done replacing the siding on this place? I wonder why it's taking so long.

3. Default Re: Block 42

I noticed the other day that the work appeared to be done or close to it. At least as far as I could tell while speeding past.

Anyone live here or know what's up? Several units have gone up for sale the last few weeks. Including some of the more extravagant ones.

Yes, I believe the guy who owns the penthouse bought a bunch of these and was leasing them. For some reason (oil prices?) he decided to put some of them on the market.

I think you're referring to David Chernicky. I believe he owned several units. He is in some legal battle with his former oil company so maybe he's looking to unload some.

We went and looked at a couple a few weeks ago while they remodeling them for sale or lease. David then called my wife directly asking if she would meet him in the penthouse for champagne to discuss the properties. Kind of weird so we went elsewhere.

8. Default Re: Block 42

Of all the housing in that immediate area - and we looked at all of them that were available a couple of years ago - Block 42 is the only setup that would have been to our liking.

I absolutely love the 3 story townhouse main level design. The first and 3rd floors not so much, which is why we bought at Maywood. I still think a bit longingly of that living room/dining room/kitchen layout and that huge front window though.

Blog Entries

Looked at one of the smaller units and have to say I was surprised at some things - pretty sizable, noticeable cracks in walls and ceilings, very worn and cheap looking cabinets and woodwork. May have just been that particular unit, but way it was wearing made me wonder about long term construction/quality. Central Avenue Villas seemed much more "solid" to the untrained eye.

I think both developments are well-done, and the developers of each put enough effort/attention into each project that they ended up living there themselves, which says something.

Being condos (now 10 year old condos), updating finishes is the responsibility of the owner.

Blog Entries

I agree with you - was just surprised to see what appeared to be structural cracks in walls and ceiling (which was a loft above). I would have had a serious inspection done if buying.

Blog Entries

Heard that the large condo listed at $1.2 mill is under contract (not sure the contract price) in Block 42.

Pretty impressive considering the seller got it for half of that only two years ago! Good move.

Blog Entries

He put a TON of money in it I think. Unless some of that work had been done by the prior owner. I'm pretty sure Chernicky did it though. It is decked out (literally - a very nice deck).

Looks like Mr. Chernicky is selling the Penthouse here. Listed at $2.2MM. Always thought this was cool. I wonder if one of the younger Thunder players will scoop it.

17. Default Re: Block 42

A lot of inventory in Block 42 just dumped on the market. The listing realtor is in my office so I am wishing her all the best but it might be a tough road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Looks like Mr. Chernicky is selling the Penthouse here. Listed at $2.2MM. Always thought this was cool. I wonder if one of the younger Thunder players will scoop it.
    It's my understanding that a certain older Thunder player had been living there, so the timing is probably related to the end of this season

Thread Information