Widgets Magazine

Thread: N Western Avenue

Default N Western Avenue

What is being built on the east side of western avenue south of Costco. They look like townhomes of some sort

Default Re: N Western Avenue

I drove by those on Monday.

Is this what you mean? It's actually south of NW 122nd, called North Pointe Apartments:

I had heard these are affordable housing, but don't have a confirmation on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    I had heard these are affordable housing, but don't have a confirmation on that.
    It looks like it may be.

Almost no amenities and very little common space.

A bit further south, but from 50th to 63rd there is a resurfacing project that is ongoing. I do not know who won the contract, but this has to be the worst resurfacing project I've ever seen in OKC. The lane closures seem erratic and don't really follow patterns that are common. The actual quality of the resurfacing seems patchwork and overall the roads are not particularly smooth even right after a section is finished.

Maybe there is something about this stretch that is particularly difficult, but I can't figure out what that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    A bit further south, but from 50th to 63rd there is a resurfacing project that is ongoing. I do not know who won the contract, but this has to be the worst resurfacing project I've ever seen in OKC. The lane closures seem erratic and don't really follow patterns that are common. The actual quality of the resurfacing seems patchwork and overall the roads are not particularly smooth even right after a section is finished.

Maybe there is something about this stretch that is particularly difficult, but I can't figure out what that would be.
    Yeah, I do my best to avoid Western altogether these days. That project is making traffic between 50th and 63rd a parking lot during busy times, like school pickups.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It looks like it may be.

Almost no amenities and very little common space.
    Yes, it looks depressing. Even if it is affordable housing there should be standards to follow for common space, landscaping, etc. It's not like land was so expensive there that they couldn't afford some green areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post

Found myself stuck in this mess over the weekend.

When is it supposed to be completed?

The intersection at 50th had unclear lanes which seems unsafe.

Thread Information