Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TapWerks

Bricktown3 TapWerks

Had friends in town from L.A. and they thought that Tapwerks looked like fun, so we hit it early on a Saturday. When we arrived, there were very few people there and we sat at the bar. We tried multiple beers and the bartender was very good about giving us samples of anything we wanted to try. I was very pleased to see that they now have my favorite on tap-Stella Artois. It's wonderful!

The food, however, was another story. The chips, queso and salsa were excellent. One friend had salad and soup and her salad was very wilted. Another friend and I split the cheese pizza-I actually think it may have been a frozen pizza; barely edible.

The verdict? Great bar! Love it to try beer, but if you're hungry, go somewhere else to eat first.

Default TapWerks Ale House-Bricktown

Had friends in town from L.A. and they thought that Tapwerks looked like fun, so we hit it early on a Saturday. When we arrived, there were very few people there and we sat at the bar. We tried multiple beers and the bartender was very good about giving us samples of anything we wanted to try. I was very pleased to see that they now have my favorite on tap-Stella Artois. It's wonderful!

The food, however, was another story. The chips, queso and salsa were excellent. One friend had salad and soup and her salad was very wilted. Another friend and I split the cheese pizza-I actually think it may have been a frozen pizza; barely edible.

The verdict? Great bar! Love it to try beer, but if you're hungry, go somewhere else to eat first.

3. Default Re: TapWerks Ale House-Bricktown

I agree, escan. Kellekokid and I went there later on Saturday night after the single's event. Great beer choices, but not a good meal venue...appetizers are probably the best bet.

Default Re: TapWerks Ale House-Bricktown

Yeah, they've never done good food, imo. I think I once had shepard's pie that was okay. Maybe we should just stick with the bland food. After all, it is modeled after an English pub.

5. Default Re: TapWerks Ale House-Bricktown

The emphasis, as it should be, is on the brewskis.

That said, I've schlepped visitors to Tapwerks, and they seemed to enjoy the place.

Their appetizers are great actually.

Randy Guest

I'm sure the different beers killed your taste buds. Maybe all of you should check into joining AA. It sounds like all of you probably drink too much.

Randy, personal attacks are against the TOS.

For the record, I drink exactly enough.

9. Default Re: TapWerks Ale House-Bricktown

I drink nothing stronger than pop.

Then again, pop would drink anything.

Getting a new sign:

HangryHippo Guest

That's awesome.

Haha what happened to that Randy character? What a ray of sunshine!

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Haha what happened to that Randy character? What a ray of sunshine!
    Word on the street has it "he" became a cosplay addict . . .

Now, isn't that special . . .

Randy is now a "guest".

Which is OKCTalk speak for banned with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Randy is now a "guest".

Which is OKCTalk speak for banned with extreme prejudice.
    See what happens when you start bad-mouthing beer!
    Me, I love beer!

Any chances of something being built on either side of TapWerks? Would be nice to fill in that streetscape wall -- those empty spots on both sides always kind of bug me.

I understand that renovating/repurposing existing buildings in Bricktown is cleary the priority. But it would be nice to see some infill too.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Any chances of something being built on either side of TapWerks? Would be nice to fill in that streetscape wall -- those empty spots on both sides always kind of bug me.

I understand that renovating/repurposing existing buildings in Bricktown is cleary the priority. But it would be nice to see some infill too.
    Wow, I agree with this! I think part of the problem is that those "empty spots", in so many places in Bricktown, are huge moneymakers for the Brewer family.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Wow, I agree with this! I think part of the problem is that those "empty spots", in so many places in Bricktown, are huge moneymakers for the Brewer family.
    Imagine if they went up...

holy cow... am i the only one seeing comic sans in the painted sign? why didn't they just use the same typeface as the new hanging sign? -M

I think that's the old version? They were painting over it when I drove by about a half hour ago.

thank goodness. -M

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Same Brewers that are holding the train station for ransom, I presume? Not my favorite people then.

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post

I agree 100%, but those lots do serve our office and the tenants in the buildings across Sheridan during the day and they are at capacity. Don't make us walk in the cold winter months!

In all seriousness, the parking lot North of ACM needs to be mixed use, multilevel garage at base with residential above. Then this would give adjacent parking for the conversion of the floors above at 101 E Sheridan to residential...

I love "liking" posts on here from 2006. This board is really great.

Thread Information