Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TapWerks

Default Re: TapWerks

wasn't the current tapwerks building previously an architectural salvage store?

2. Default Re: TapWerks

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:

Didn't they used to be at Grand & Western?
    I was going to ask the same question. I know there was a place there that had a ton of tap beer. In an old gas station. I'm about 99% sure it was Tapworks. I only went once because like the first post on here said you needed to eat somewhere else first. And I'm not very picky.
    I think the building was also either Pumps or The Pump Bar & Grill after Tapworks moved to Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I was going to ask the same question. I know there was a place there that had a ton of tap beer. In an old gas station. I'm about 99% sure it was Tapworks. I only went once because like the first post on here said you needed to eat somewhere else first. And I'm not very picky.
    I think the building was also either Pumps or The Pump Bar & Grill after Tapworks moved to Bricktown.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...736#post148736

Pumps was great...

You are correct. It was Pumps and it was great. Then it was Pumps Grill, then Tapwerks, then the redesign of the Western intersection pretty much ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Great minds...

Really big loss for Bricktown.

I think the old Tapwerks was knocked down and build on by Midfirst Bank, right on the corner of Classen. It used to be the spot.

Yeah, IIRC it was on that triangle just south of Grand and Western.

I'm very curious about where they will move. I'm digging into it.

9. Default Re: TapWerks

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    You are correct. It was Pumps and it was great. Then it was Pumps Grill, then Tapwerks, then the redesign of the Western intersection pretty much ended it.
    OK. So I had the right names but in the wrong order. That's still doing pretty good for me anymore.

I've heard they are moving to Midwest City next to the Warren Theater.

Blog Entries

kind of anticlimatic

Yeah, IIRC it was on that triangle just south of Grand and Western.
    Chesapeake Land bought it for $1.3M+ just to doze it in 2006. Part of their let’s buy everything in sight of our campus expansion plan. Sold it 11 years later to an LLC for $128,500.

Part of the rich legacy of weirdness surrounding their real estate holdings.

Really? I do not know, it seems like a bad location

On the other hand, don't really think Midwest City has anything comparable to TapWerks besides maybe the Bricktown Brewery at SE 29th and Town Center. Could do very well like the Pub W in SW OKC that also has nothing comparable around it.

they are moving to MWC ... i had not heard the location ..

WOW Went there a lot before Thunder Games. Street car was right across the street. It had a good location.

Been waiting on someone who knows more to post - Anyone know what the plans are for this building? Looks like one of, or all the guys involved in Community through Beer/Social Capital, bought or leased this place a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    Been waiting on someone who knows more to post - Anyone know what the plans are for this building? Looks like one of, or all the guys involved in Community through Beer/Social Capital, bought or leased this place a week or two ago.
    Yes, I spoke to the Community Through Beer guys a couple of days ago. They run The Patriarch, Railyard 1884 (both in downtown Edmond) and Social Capital.

They have leased the old Tapwerks building and plan to use all 4 stories. Said it would be their most ambitious project to date, which is saying something. Will be a strong focus on local beers but also offer food.

They are still finalizing their plans, but this is fantastic news.

Just hope they keep the pool tables. There is basically nowhere downtown to play pool anymore.

Cowboy Ranch has tables, but... weekends only and it is Cowboy Ranch.

Blog Entries

Best possible outcome

Regarding pool... doesn't bricktown brewery have two tables on the second floor still? Pretty sure the flea has a table. Dust Bowl as well. I know HeyDay Norman does but I don't remember seeing any at the bricktown location though I'm pretty sure there's one at Brickopolis. Seems like Kongs would, but too many renovations to keep track of. Anyway, point is there ARE places for pool downtown, but agree there should be more.

Will the new owners own any of the parking on either side of their building. I'd love to see them convert at least some of that into outdoor, patio space. That would be way more valuable than the 10 surface spots it provides.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Will the new owners own any of the parking on either side of their building. I'd love to see them convert at least some of that into outdoor, patio space. That would be way more valuable than the 10 surface spots it provides.
    This is a great idea, Dan!

The parking lot on the corner is not owned by the owner of the building. I believe the interior parking is owned by the building ownership group. IIRC, they also own 100 E Main, and the Confectionary. Ownership hasn't changed though. It's just a lease.

Heck, it would work well even if they just used the 4 closest spots to the building and Sheridan. I'd probably knock out that little brick fence and the other stuff there and bring a patio out near the sidewalk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapwerks.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	16712

There could be 50 people in Tapwerks sometimes and you wouldn't even know walking by. A patio is like a big advertisement that "we're open for business."

On a different note, did anything ever come of this?

Martin said the TapWerks building, 121 E Sheridan Ave., will undergo an extensive upgrade to allow for development of a possible “speakeasy” style bar in the building’s basement and conversion of the rarely used third floor into event space.

They have submitted plans to spruce up the exterior and restore the ghost signs:

Thread Information