Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 2006

1. Default Re: American Idol 2006

I'm with you sweetdaisy....kinda wondered what we'd end up with tonight but I did like them all, well except for Taylor...sorry MadMonk. (and apparently the rest of the voting folks)
    I was off work early this evening and was able to call all night long....very strange to rarely very rarely get a busy signal no matter who I called about.
    here's the listings from the dialidol.com that Patrick told us about last week. It proved to be correct for Mandisa last week~~
    1 Taylor Hicks 51.677
    2 Kellie Pickler 47.083
    3 Paris Bennett 45.135
    4 Elliott Yamin 41.198
    5 Chris Daughtry 38.729
    6 Katharine McPhee 38.094
    7 Bucky Covington 27.813
    8 Ace Young 27.74

MadMonk Guest

Default Re: American Idol 2006

That list pretty much sums things up for me. The only exceptions are that I'd swap the places for Paris and Elliot and have Bucky leave instead of Ace. I think Ace just chose a bad of song and wasn't able to pull it off.

3. Default Re: American Idol 2006

I still like Chris but I wish he would mix it up a bit... I missed last .. what did he sing?
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

A title song from one of their albums...I think it was Innuendo....really obscure (as obscure as a title song can be ), never played live....

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    At the risk of getting fussed at, I just want to say that I was surprised by how well most of the contestants did tonite. I wasn't expecting much from "Queen night", but it was pretty good overall.

Hope I didn't offend anyone.
    sweetdaisy, you're welcome to say anything you'd like on this site.

Patrick Guest

By the way, dialidol hasn't been too accurate in the past, but it's still fun to watch.

Patrick Guest

Here is the upddate after voting closed across all coasts:

1 Taylor Hicks 31.381.634
    2 Kellie Pickler 27.9121.675
    3 Paris Bennett 26.2981.694
    4 Elliott Yamin 24.4041.715
    5 Katharine McPhee 22.551.736
    6 Chris Daughtry 22.4041.738
    7 Bucky Covington 16.5851.802
    8 Ace Young 16.311.805

It will be either Ace or Bucky. Looks like the results are too close to call.

8. Default Re: American Idol 2006

Bucky's gone.

Uptown Guest

I'm really not surprised. Bucky had no verbrato at all.

MadMonk Guest

I'm glad Bucky is gone. I was surprised that Elliot was in the bottom three though.

Uptown Guest

I think this Okiman dude needs to try out for Idol.

12. Default Re: American Idol 2006

Chris was awesome tonight - Finally he departs from his 80' s tunes!! It was great

What a Wonderful World - very beautifully done imo...

I love you Chris!!! Hope you win!!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Karried
    Chris was awesome tonight - Finally he departs from his 80' s tunes!! It was great

What a Wonderful World - very beautifully done imo...

I love you Chris!!! Hope you win!!
    Even Simon liked Chris tonight. I have to admit, Chris did do a good job. Paris did very well also......and Simon said she did "terrific."

MadMonk Guest

Nearly everyone did very well tonight. Kelly blew it, but I think she has too much of a fan base now to be dropped. Maybe Elliot will go? Its a tough call this week. I guess we'll have to see where dialidol.com stands.

Patrick Guest

I thought Katherine was superb tonight. Simon even said she made the rest of the field look amateur.

Patrick Guest

Here are the latest results from DialIdol: Looks like they say Ace is going home.

DialIdol
    Rank Idol Score Margin Of Error
    1-2 Taylor Hicks 53.899 1.761-
    1-2 Elliott Yamin 51.626 1.803-
    3-4 Kellie Pickler 48.667 1.858-
    3-4 Katharine McPhee 46.929 1.889-
    5-6 Chris Daughtry 45.535 1.914-
    5-6 Paris Bennett 42.525 1.966-
    7 Ace Young 35.162 2.088-

Patrick Guest

My guess is that Ace, Elliott, and Paris will be in the bottom 3.

18. Default Re: American Idol 2006

Doing the "Happy Dance" that Ace is gone! But astonished that Paris and Chris were in the bottom 3!!!

How on EARTH is Kellie staying in there? After "butchering it" (her own words!)???

Patrick Guest

Doing the "Happy Dance" that Ace is gone! But astonished that Paris and Chris were in the bottom 3!!!

How on EARTH is Kellie staying in there? After "butchering it" (her own words!)???
    What, what....that's mean and crude that you'd say anything negative about Kellie.
    Ha Ha! Just kidding. Just playing with you sweetdaisy.

I completely agree with your post.

20. Default Re: American Idol 2006

Oh no... maybe Chris needs to go back to the 80s! Boo, hoo... I thought he was good... I was shocked that he was in the bottom.. I think everyone was.. Ace is cute, he will succeed in the future I think.

Uptown Guest

I think the bottom three is somewhat rigged. Sure, Ace had the lowest number of votes, but I'm not sure about the other two. Every once in awhile they probably throw more popular contestants in the bottom 3 to encourage their fans to vote more for them.

22. Default Re: American Idol 2006

You may be on to something there, Uptown. I fail to understand how Katherine (she's amazing & consistent every week) has been in the bottom 3 a few times, and how Chirs made it there this time. It's so strange. And Kellie! ACK!

Patrick, you're just naughty for your comments.

"I'm a mink!" You're an imbecile, Kellie

Patrick Guest

You may be on to something there, Uptown. I fail to understand how Katherine (she's amazing & consistent every week) has been in the bottom 3 a few times, and how Chirs made it there this time. It's so strange. And Kellie! ACK!

Patrick, you're just naughty for your comments.

"I'm a mink!" You're an imbecile, Kellie
    We can always bring Kevin back in place of Kellie! Just kidding.

Hey, I agree completely with you about Katherine and Chris.

24. Default Re: American Idol 2006

So what'd you kids think about tonite? Pretty good, overall. I thought Taylor & Katherine did very well even though the judges weren't impressed.

Once again, Kellie sucked. fortunately, her performance wasn't memorable, so it didn't ruin "Unchained Melody" for me...although her stupid comments about the pottery scene in "Ghost" may have destroyed the movie for me.

Chris was great and so was Elliot! Paris didn't impress me much, as I can't really remember her performance.

What are the bets on bottom 3 this week? Fingers crossed that the Pickle is going home.

Patrick Guest

First off, Keith, yup, I ended up staying home from the Arts Festival to watch. I just couldn't miss it.

Regardless of who I liked before, Elliott really moved me tonight. Not only did he give Paula tears, he gave me chills up my spine. I was really moved by his performance.

Chris was excellent as usual. Brian Adams was a great pick for him.

I really thought the song Taylor picked fit his voice well. I thought he actually sounded like the actual singer of "Just Once," James Ingram.

I know the judges said Katherine was no Whitney Houston, but I thought she really wailed tonight. I didn't think she was as good as the guys, but she was still good.

Paris really didn't move me tonight. She some some Barbara Streisand song. Barbara is really difficult to sing after, and I think it was a poor song choice. She had some pitch problems.

I'd have to say Kellie was the worst tonight, and the worst I've ever seen her. Absolutely no emotion whatsoever. Extremely monotone.

My bottom 2: Paris and Kellie. I'm really hoping Kellie goes home.

Thread Information