Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving to Oklahoma?

new2ok Guest

Default moving to Oklahoma?

I am looking for info. about the towns around okc. Can anyone give me any info?

2. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

This is a pretty good site for information on Oklahoma City http://www.okcchamber.com/

Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

Here is a GREAT site www.tulsachamber.com

4. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

In Tulsa, how POSSIBLY could a Tulsa site help when they are moving to OKC?

5. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

Maybe he is just trying to spite the fact that I put the OKC Chamber on there. I do not know lol.

If they are moving to Oklahoma I just don't want them to make the mistake of a lifetime. Just trying to be nice.

7. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

Well if you were paying any attention to her other posts, you would see that they are moving to the OKC area specifically for her husband's new job in Edmond.

And that was a pretty nasty comment you made there.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

8. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

It is ok Tulsans are just jealous of OKC. And I am not being a jerk or anything. The Journal Record is about to release a study about the feud between OKC and Tulsa, and they have found that most of the bitterness comes from Tulsa, but oh well. I say we should work together to promote our state, maybe they will see it the same one day.

9. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

There is a difference between poking fun at either city and running either city into the ground. That remark would have been deleted on the TulsaNow forum had I gone on there to say the same thing about Tulsa.

If you were just kidding, there is an official joke thread. Take it there. Otherwise, let's stay out of each other's mudholes.

www.okcpulse.com
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

new2ok Guest

I can not belive the hostile attitude between Tulsa and OKC. in Texas you would not have anyone be so judgemental on where you moved. unless you happend to get in " a wrong neighborhood". My family and I enjoy TP&W and have been all over Texas and have been to alot of towns and have never felt out of place.
    When my family and I move to Oklahoma & do choose Edmond as are hometown,and if we decied to camp or vist Tulsa would we be shuned by people when they found out that we lived in OKC?
    I know that this may sound so imature but would like feed back.

new2ok Guest

I have not been deep into oklahoma, i have only been in Ardmore "I think" that is where Turner Falls is. I will go back that is for sure.

12. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

Turner Falls is just north of Ardmore.

I'm sorry that you've had to see the hostile attitude that some Tulsans express towards Oklahoma City. If you were to go to Tulsa and people heard you were from Edmond, they would be unlikely to bother you. It's just that on this board, most people are here to discuss development and tourism and there tend to be a lot of Tulsans that have a sort of jealousy for what is going on in Oklahoma City because they used to be way ahead of us in quality of life.

You won't find this rivalry so much in everyday life though.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Patrick Guest

Actually the hostile attitude is generally one-sided. Most people in OKC don't have a problem with Tulsa. Seems to be Tulsans that have the little brother problem.

Anyhow, it really isn't that big of a deal. When you move here, I'm sure you'll want to visit Tulsa just to check it out. In fact, I recommend visiting Tulsa at least a few times. Heck, I run up there at least a few times a year to spend money. It goes both ways.

I'd say it isn't much different from the Austin/San Antonio rivalry, or Dallas Houston rivalry.

Patrick Guest

By the way, regardless of what you here, it is worth checking both cities out. They're both very different. OKC has your big city feel. Feels more like Dallas, with more tourist attractions to offer, more highways, more people, and simply a bigger feel.

Tulsa has more of a midwestern small city feel. Very artsy, nice rolling hills, nicely forested, etc. Everytime I've been in Tulsa (which is quite frequent) I never think of it as being a large city like Dallas or Houston though. Just has the nice small city feel. Which, there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I like it for a small break from OKC.

I'd say each city has its high points and low points.

Patrick Guest

new2ok, Oklahoma has a very diverse landscape. SE Oklahoma has some of the nicest moutainous terrain, covered with pine forests and hardwoods. Looks like the smokies in a way. Northeastern Oklahoma is lake country. Mostly hardwoods, and gently rolling hills. Tulsa is in the heart of NW Lake Country. SW Oklahoma is more mountanous, yet not as forested. The Whichitas have an attraction all their own. Out far NW you simply have what I call badlands. Canyon type terrain. And of course out west central, you simply have flat farm land. Also have some desert areas in SW portion of the state.

Only thing we don't have is ocean.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by new2ok
    and if we decied to camp or vist Tulsa would we be shuned by people when they found out that we lived in OKC?
    I know that this may sound so imature but would like feed back.
    I've had a few folks from Tulsa look at me funny, and give me the holier than thou look, but most like me in their city because I'm spending money.

new2ok Guest

I love the fact that oklahoma is responding to me as a new comer. thank you. I love the country and want to get back the counrty feel atomspher that I was raised up in, with the high schools in mind. I want my kids in a good school, teachers are educating for our childerns future and not just to go on to the next school year. Edmond is a town that we will look into we have no problem living ouside of OKC AS long as it is a 30 min drive from his work, with morning & evening traffic. If you live on the outskirts of OKC please let me know about your town. thank you

Patrick Guest

Since you're wanting that small country feel you may want to look more on the outskirts of Edmond....maybe far north Edmond and Guthrie area, or out west towards Piedmont or Deer Creek. In fact, from the way you talk, I'm thinking more and more the Piedmont or Deer Creek area might be more up your alley. I will caution you that Edmond is growing fast and is not the small town it used to be. You'd still have the conutry feel out in Piedmont or Deer Creek, and neither of those towns are over 30 min from Car Max.

Patrick Guest

Both Piedmont and Deer Creek are a short drive, especially if you catch the Kipatrick Turnpike in every day. I'd say 20 min drive max.

Patrick Guest

Patrick Guest

Of course, these sites don't hurt either:

http://www.okccvb.org/

http://www.downtownokc.com/

OKC has a Dallas feel and Tulsa has a small city feel HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA oh that has made my day thanks.

Patrick Guest

Seriously, I'm in Tulsa at least twice a year. I like Tulsa, but I never feel like I'm in a large city like Dallas, Houston, New York City, etc. To be honest with you, I'd take that as a compliment.

new2ok Guest

My husband a sons love to play around in the mud in my husbands 4 runner and go cart. and like to go hill climbing. Can you tell me of any spots to cheek out?

25. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by In_Tulsa
    OKC has a Dallas feel and Tulsa has a small city feel HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA oh that has made my day thanks.
    Go away.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information