Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moving to Oklahoma?

Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

swake Guest

This really is a only kinda funny, it's really more depressing. Please, In-Tulsa, if that is your real handle, please don't bait the OKCians, please. It's getting old and it's more than a little childish. I know they don't handle it well, but come on....

As for those of you from OKC, do you never learn? I thought maybe how stupid you made the whole state look when "Sir Charles" insulted Oklahoma would make you understand that sometimes it's better to ignore stupid remarks, especially when the comments only made to enrage you on purpose. Really, get a thicker skin? HmmmKay?

As for the thread, I'm sure you will be very happy living in the rural area of Edmond, Edmond is a nice, very conservative, very Christian, upper middle class city. Good schools, safe area, just be sure you fit in and all will be fine.

I don't know that they allow trailer homes, if you really want to live there in one, that you should check first. Guthrie is a cool little town, I like it better than Edmond myself, Edmond is pretty bland and cookie cutter, traffic is really bad. But I don't know anything about the school system in Guthrie.

But it's so fun Swake.

new2ok Guest

We are not sure what we will be living in. this month we will be spending a week up in okc to look around. then we will live in a state park or rv park over the summer till we find some land. When we find that then we will go from there. Can anyone tell me of some great mountian bike trails, mudding trails, We love to spend time out doors with the boy's.fishing and water sking.
    Thank you for giving me school info that helped/

Jack Guest

Might try Lake Arcardia in Edmond. Outside of the city area, try Lake Murray, Blue River, Lake Eufala, etc.

6. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

This really is a only kinda funny, it's really more depressing. Please, In-Tulsa, if that is your real handle, please don't bait the OKCians, please. It's getting old and it's more than a little childish. I know they don't handle it well, but come on....

As for those of you from OKC, do you never learn? I thought maybe how stupid you made the whole state look when "Sir Charles" insulted Oklahoma would make you understand that sometimes it's better to ignore stupid remarks, especially when the comments only made to enrage you on purpose. Really, get a thicker skin? HmmmKay?

As for the thread, I'm sure you will be very happy living in the rural area of Edmond, Edmond is a nice, very conservative, very Christian, upper middle class city. Good schools, safe area, just be sure you fit in and all will be fine.

I don't know that they allow trailer homes, if you really want to live there in one, that you should check first. Guthrie is a cool little town, I like it better than Edmond myself, Edmond is pretty bland and cookie cutter, traffic is really bad. But I don't know anything about the school system in Guthrie.
    None of this really bothers me swake, but it DOES bother me when we are not allowed to pull the same crap on the Tulsa board, so why don't we all give it rest and extend a little courtesy, hmmmmkay?
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Oki_Man5 Guest

I can understand rivalry, and I can go along with rebuttals to almost any degree.

But in this case, someone at least appears to be legitimately looking for INFORMATION, and the people on this board have turned it into a pissing contest between rival communities.

Why cannot youall just give the person info that you know to be valid as to the request and await a thread that is somewhat inconsequential to continue your bickering.

8. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

It was completely inappropriate to say that moving to the OKC area "was the mistake of a lifetime". Those of us that have been on the board for a while may know that you just like to cause trouble, but new2ok doesn't and all you're doing is making a very bad first impression.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

9. Default Re: moving to Oklahoma?

i have lived in edmond for about 5 months now. i can say nothing about it though, because i do nothing at all here. i do everything in the city, thats where everyone i know lives. one thing everyone has right is the traffic is horrible. the streets are not built for the traffic.

Deer Creek is a good area, but keep in mind that property value is REALLY rising there. Karried, help me with this....I think it may be really difficult for you to get anything for your desired $100,000 price range. I have a friend who just bought a normal sized house there (three bed, two bath approx. 1600-1700 sq. feet and it was well over $200,000. Just something to keep in mind. That area is pretty expensive.

I'm a city girl myself...love to be right in the middle of everything. Can't help out with rural or suburban locations any more than that.

Thread Information