Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturn Grill

Western Ave. Saturn Grill

Description: Flat Bread Sandwiches, Pizzas, Salads, Soups

Food: Interesting and Original Menu. I had a flat bread sandwhich and it was very good. However, the only side that sandwiches come with is a very mustardy potato salad.

Atmosphere: Clean and Modern

Service: Order at Register. Food was ready quickly.

Price: Slightly overpriced. Almost $10 for a sandwich and drink.

Summary: I can recommend Saturn Grill for a nice, light lunch that is more than just your ordinary sandwich shop, if you don't mind potato salad and spending about $10.

www.saturngrill.com

Default Re: Saturn Grill

Thanks, I've been wondering how the food was here. Heard good things. It's probably overpriced because of the Nichols Hills location.

Not overpriced at all, for what you get.

One of my favorite lunch spots.

I like it but some of it is overpriced.

Interesting news from the Saturn Grill Facebook page:

After much deliberation I have decided to permanently close the Midtown location. We appreciate those of you who joined us and supported us over the past year and a half. Please feel free to visit either of our other two locations. Keep an eye out as I am working on a new concept to be placed at our Midtown location.
    Thanks again,
    Chef Joseph Royer
    They have already filed a building permit to expand into the space next to them.

Very interested to see the new concept.

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    They have already filed a building permit to expand into the space next to them.
    huh... i wonder if the candy shop went out of business assuming this is the space they're referring to. -M

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    huh... i wonder if the candy shop went out of business assuming this is the space they're referring to. -M
    The candy store has been out of business for several months at least.

no surprise... they never seemed to be very busy. -M

This has been in the works for a while the old candy store space will be a bar connected to the new concepts

That corner space will really help their exposure.

It's easy to forget about them the way they're situated in the back of that building.

Does St. Anthony own the grass lot just south of that? Has there been any talk of developing that, or the grass lot to the east?

I think they shot themselves in the foot on this one. They tried to take a concept that was working and turn it into a more formal atmosphere. What I love about the other Saturn Grill is that is healthy, good prices, and that it is walk up ordering. When I want something quick at lunch (which should be there main focus at this location), being able to quickly place an order without a waiter/waitress is important factor. Splitting checks is not a hassle, since most of the time I am with coworkers, and no tip is needed. I think if they would have stuck with the same concept as on Western it would have performed much better.

Quote Originally Posted by musg8411 View Post
    I think they shot themselves in the foot on this one. They tried to take a concept that was working and turn it into a more formal atmosphere. What I love about the other Saturn Grill is that is healthy, good prices, and that it is walk up ordering. When I want something quick at lunch (which should be there main focus at this location), being able to quickly place an order without a waiter/waitress is important factor. Splitting checks is not a hassle, since most of the time I am with coworkers, and no tip is needed. I think if they would have stuck with the same concept as on Western it would have performed much better.
    I agree. Plus, they left some favorites of mine from the Western location off the menu. That and their low visibility probably did not help.

I'm sure they've learned a great deal which is why they are re-tooling.

And the fact they are actually expanding tells me they have high hopes for the new approach.

The Midtown location had several issues working against it, visibility/accessibility/parking and construction. We all know their food gets great reviews, but you could hardly see the place, and as others mentioned there were other issues. There were times were Walker was closed for months on end due to construction in the area that ultimately led to its demise. They are refocusing on the original location and to a smaller extent the Memorial Rd. location. Down the road they will be putting a new concept in this Midtown space. That's all I'm allowed to say for now.

I had no idea there was a Saturn Grill up on Memorial! How long has it been there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    The Midtown location had several issues working against it, visibility/accessibility/parking and construction. We all know their food gets great reviews, but you could hardly see the place, and as others mentioned there were other issues. There were times were Walker was closed for months on end due to construction in the area that ultimately led to its demise. They are refocusing on the original location and to a smaller extent the Memorial Rd. location. Down the road they will be putting a new concept in this Midtown space. That's all I'm allowed to say for now.
    Once again, your secret info isn't too secret. That's exactly what he said on Twitter and Facebook about this, as Pete already quoted in post 4.

Quote Originally Posted by musg8411 View Post
    I agree 100%.
    I never liked the ordering with a waiter/waitress idea here. SG is quick and casual with good food and desserts. I really hope that their new concept includes going back to counter ordering and possibly adding a bar with late night food.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFP View Post
    I had no idea there was a Saturn Grill up on Memorial! How long has it been there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two years maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    Once again, your secret info isn't too secret. That's exactly what he said on Twitter and Facebook about this, as Pete already quoted in post 4.
    ??? I didn't say anything was secret, I know a lot more that's behind the scenes than I'm allowed to say, hence haven't said anything yet.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 29th, 2014
    10:30am CST

Saturn Grill closing Memorial Rd. location
    Local Favorite Focusing Efforts on Original Location

Oklahoma City, OK – Saturn Grill, one of OKC’s most beloved local restaurant groups is closing its’ Memorial Road location (4401 W. Memorial Rd.) this Friday, Oct. 31st at 4pm. Owners are citing the cause due to low foot traffic and lack of visibility in the Quailbrook shopping center, particularly during dinner hours. This follows on the heels of the local chain closing it’s popular Midtown location early this past summer due to taking substantial financial hits from a lack of foot traffic due to ongoing heavy road construction in the immediate area.

“It pains us to close another location, especially given we have a respectable lunch crowd. Unfortunately, this location has proven to be more of a business corridor and not strong enough to support local restaurants after the lunch rush is over. We definitely expanded our concept more than we were comfortable with, and never felt better about the brand than when I had one location. I’m excited that this will allow us to refocus all of our efforts back on our original location in Nichols Hills Plaza, which always has been and continues to be a huge hit! We’ve got a lot of exciting plans ahead for this location, including a remodel and some exciting menu changes, and it will allow me to spend all of my time to continue making our concept top-notch for years to come,” said Chef and Owner Joseph Royer.

Royer went on to say that he has also recently partnered with local award-winning marketing firm SYN3RGY Creative Group to ensure the overall look and feel of the brand continues to resonate with beloved fans, and continues to grow the restaurants audience.

Saturn Grill is a local, chef-driven restaurant that is focused on providing delicious, American and European inspired dishes with local and quality ingredients at an affordable price. The restaurant is celebrating it’s 10th year in business this year, and feeds over 100,000 hungry customers a year.

“We want to invite our fans and new patrons to continue to dine with us at Nichols Hills Plaza. Over the course of the coming weeks and months, we will roll-out the remodel and exciting new menu items,” added Royer.

Those interested in more information can visit SaturnGrill.com for location and menu information.
    ###

Well, that's a bummer. I guess it's what they needed to do but Nichols Hills Plaza is a trek for me. I actually liked the one is MidTown. Nice change from the usual places on the way to a Thunder game. But it was a bad location for them. I didn't like the clear menus...hard to see what it said. Love the pumpkin cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by clz46 View Post
    Well, that's a bummer. I guess it's what they needed to do but Nichols Hills Plaza is a trek for me. I actually liked the one is MidTown. Nice change from the usual places on the way to a Thunder game. But it was a bad location for them. I didn't like the clear menus...hard to see what it said. Love the pumpkin cookies!
    I miss the Midtown SG too.
    It's been said before but, yes the Midtown concept was all wrong, with the sit down/waiter concept.

The death knell of Midtown was lack of traffic for extended periods of time due to ongoing traffic closing down Walker Avenue for months on end. The alley location didn't help, but your customers not being able to access your location from the main road that runs by it, was a huge detriment to them.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    The death knell of Midtown was lack of traffic for extended periods of time due to ongoing traffic closing down Walker Avenue for months on end. The alley location didn't help, but your customers not being able to access your location from the main road that runs by it, was a huge detriment to them.
    Should you point out that you're now running their PR/marketing?

Thread Information