Widgets Magazine

Thread: I'm disappointed with participation on food reviews

Default I'm disappointed with participation on food reviews

I'm posting this because I'm disappointed with the lack of participation in this forum. This board seems to be the best food reviews in the metro along with the Gazette. The Daily Oklahoman barely even covers food, let alone restaurant reviews.

I'd like to see more people post food/restaurant reviews, after all we all have to eat on a daily basis right? This should be rather easy to keep an active forum. Just my two cents, plus my stomach is talking right now, its getting close to lunchtime.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Default Re: I'm disappointed with participation on food reviews

Well, Metro, why didn't you tell us all about the last restaurant or fast food place you ate at?

I know everyone will think this is silly, but I am a meat and taters kind of guy, so my fave place in all the city area is the Hometown Buffet over on I-240.

They have it all, and you just help yourself: salads, fish, beef, chicken,whatever; it seems it is there.

Then, they have the desert spot with ice cream and cake, cookies all of it along with too low-fat yogurt.

And the price is right too.

Oh! Hometown Buffet is not a "name-dropper" type of place, so it probably does not count.

Pete

3. Default Re: I'm disappointed with participation on food reviews

I think a lot of people would say the same thing about a lot of forums here metro. I particulary would like a little more "action" in the sports section, especially with the Blazers and some of the other minor sports. I can't complain too much though, as I also haven't participated to the talk over there as much as I should/would like to.

I completely agree with metro. I signed up to this board for the sole purpose of finding out about new restaurants.

I know a lot of people from Texas and I get sick of hearing about how there are no places to eat in OKC. There are, but it seems like OKC is the last market a chain restaurant decides to go to. For example, Wichita has a Chipotle... Wichita. I know that everyone here prefers local restaurants to chains and I do too, but it's nice to have the chains also.

So, I vow to post a restaurant review to every place that has not been mentioned that I have been to.

Well, Metro, why didn't you tell us all about the last restaurant or fast food place you ate at?
    I think a lot of people would say the same thing about a lot of forums here metro.
    I first want to apologize if anyone found my comments offensive. They were not meant to be, just stir discussion which obviously you can see it is. Secondly, if you read the forum you can see most of the reviews were started by myself or I had eaten at one already written about and posted my comments so you can find most of the restaurants I eat at right on this forum! I ate at Taco Bueno at lunch but it's fast food so I figure no need to comment on that although I did start a Taco Bueno thread in another section of this site. In addition to my start of this thread is that as I mentioned above, everybody has to eat on a daily basis at least once, right?? At least the majority of the working class does, hence an easy avenue to discuss a common bond (food).

I understand others frustrations with lack of action on other parts of the site but that gets into personal preference issues. You can't force someone to go to a Blazers game or to a concert, but whether they want to or not, eventually they are going to eat. Make sense???

6. Default Re: I'm disappointed with participation on food reviews

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    I first want to apologize if anyone found my comments offensive...
    Actually, I didn't find your post to be offensive at all. If anything I should apologize if I came across the wrong way. My post was meant more for "feeling your pain", not to be critical. I hope you keep up your good work with your reviews. It can give me ideas for dates and such. Also, my example of other threads may have been not the best to make comparisons with this, so I apologize for that.

MadMonk Guest

I could give you my reviews of my nightly home-cooked dinner as I rarely go out to eat.

Thread Information