Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Walmart is digging a hole to China in Edmond

Jack Guest

Default Re: Walmart is digging a hole to China in Edmond

Here's a picture I took inside the bathroom at Wal-Mart (Bell Isle). The dude obviously missed the pot. It's laying on the floor in the bathroom. Wal-Mart cleaning crew still hasn't cleaned it up 45 minutes later.

Patrick Guest

Jack, that's enough of that nonsense.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Patrick said: "You like anarchy?"

Actually, No! I am not an anarchist; I believe there is a need and a place for government.

If I lived in the City so to speak where there were house after house after house or apartment ---you get the gist there, surely.

But living out in the boonies where the most likely person I might hurt should I make some type error is myself, I don't think I (or we) need the same level of scrutiny as those who are congregated very close together in a small area.

Yes, tho, I despise seeing the code enforcement car riding by and knowing the driver is just looking to see if I am nailing my barn door shut without first having trekked downtown OKC where I am out of my element, and I just plain out don't want to go down there.

Would it be asking too much for the city to have a different set of rules for rural dwellers? Heaven forbid, then they could not keep their thumb on one. Better yet, why not OKC get its borders sucked in to where the rural people are not in the city? Can you believe that OKC stretches plum out here into Pott County? I guess they need to suck some money out of the people far out, so they can feed their needs in the downtown area.

And why am I here? When something goes unopposed, it has a way to find its way into being ok no matter what, but youall should go back and re-read; youall jumped on Wal-Mart; I like Wal-Mart, so I defend it.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Nothing captures Jack's typical commentary like the picture he just shared.

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Oki_Man5
    Would it be asking too much for the city to have a different set of rules for rural dwellers? Heaven forbid, then they could not keep their thumb on one. Better yet, why not OKC get its borders sucked in to where the rural people are not in the city? Can you believe that OKC stretches plum out here into Pott County? I guess they need to suck some money out of the people far out, so they can feed their needs in the downtown area.
    I can see it from both sides. The city could deannex a lot of what it currently holds.

Then you have the other side...Tulsa. Tulsa didn't annex much, and now other cities are reaping the tax benefits that Tulsa could be repaing right now. All of the hot development is occurring in areas outside Tulsa city limits.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Now, we are talking about Oklahoma City, the capital city; the city where all the tall buildings are as was said a few posts back.

Why in the world would that city need to go from the business district downtown probably about 25 miles east circling around Del City, Midwest City, Choctaw, Harrah, no telling what other small town in there into rural area---I am talking cattle grazing and hay fields and mile after mile of nothing but trees with a few houses scattered here and there---in a strip that might not even be two miles wide at most parts?

Oh! I forgot: Someone said it would be good for builders for the property to be in Oklahoma City city limits, and they could make a lot of money, and nobody spoke up for the people who would eventually buy the property and make their homes out there.

I would venture to say that many people who buy a property out in the far rural area does not even know it is in the Oklahoma City city limits until they have already bought it, and they move in; then, they see the OKC Code Enforcement car pull into their drive, and you know the rest of the story.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Karried, did that law get enacted a year or so ago that would require realtors to inform a buyer when a property is in a city limits?

Jack Guest

What's so wrong with the OKC Code Enfrocement Car? At least he's doing his job and keeping codes enforced. It's time hicks out in the country stop smoking their weed and get their acts together maintaining their property. They shouldn't be anymore exempt than city dwellers. Don't like it? Move to Mexico.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Jack said: "Don't like it? Move to Mexico"

Oh! Jack, I never thought of that option. It is just like the ones who say if you do not love America, Leave, or if you find fault with those who are in charge, Leave.

Whatever happened to the option of one's trying to Change something one does not like or agree with; Maybe our founding fathers should have left when they did not like the laws the King pressed onto them, and you could now be paying homage to the Queen?

I cannot think of anything more stupid than the suggestion you made unless it is one of its like comments by others who have no insight.

Jack Guest

You already said you didn't find anything wrong with our government. You said you simply opposed it for the hell of it. Can't help people like that. Can't ever make them happy.

Thread Information