I thought I would start a thread about cheap, easy, yet effective ways we can all help start beautification in our great city!!

I was driving down both I-40 and I-44 last night and noticed businesses have stooped so low as to put those temporary yard signs in the medians and grassy areas of the highways, not to mention on every street corner. I say we all do our part in not only picking up as many of these as we can, but we call the businesses directly and complain about their tacky advertising.

I noticed two signs specifically last night. BedMart which you can reach at 405-603-7537 and All American Fitness at 405-728-3600. I'm not sure what the municipal code is for temporary signs like this and if it requires a permit and when/where they can display, but I'm sure the interstate is not one of those locations. I went to www.okc.gov to check out the code on this but apparently you have to pay to purchase each code you are interested in. Does anyone know the code or have access?? If not, I'll go to the municipal building sometime and purchase it.