Widgets Magazine

Thread: Good places near downtown to ride a bike?

Default Good places near downtown to ride a bike?

I know it's illegal to ride a bicycle in downtown proper, but how about the surrounding area? Know any good (and safe) places to ride?

2. Default Re: Good places near downtown to ride a bike?

Illegal even in Lower Bricktown? What are those trails, for then? I mean, construction aside?
    Continue the Renaissance

Default Re: Good places near downtown to ride a bike?

It's not illegal to ride a bike downtown. In fact, I do fairly often. The law is that you have to be in the street and follow all signs just like a car. I know that because a cop told me when I was down there.

Of course, the trails will be much better. Unfortunately, those seem to be really slow going. I'm glad we'll get them eventually though.

Patrick Guest

Give the new trails on the Oklahoma River a shot. Sure, some areas aren't to safe, but the trails closer to Bricktown seem to be safe.

As for safe, do you mean they are hazardous or are you saying that unsafe people might be found there?

Patrick Guest

Unsafe people.......there are parts of the river that aren't in the best parts of town. For example, I wouldn't want to walk in the Riverside neighborhood area at night, much less in the day.

Thread Information