Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LifeChurchTV

Default Re: LifeChurchTV

Interesting that you would say that. I urge you to read the FAQ as to what does and does not constitute a personal attack. You'll find that namecalling is while the questioning of another's beliefs and statements is not.

OkieBear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Interesting that you would say that. I urge you to read the FAQ as to what does and does not constitute a personal attack. You'll find that namecalling is while the questioning of another's beliefs and statements is not.
    Mid, it looks to me like you need to look more closely at what people say. From what I saw in the quote you cited, Randy didn't call you a name. He said you were making a fool of yourself, but he didn't call you a fool. Calling you a fool is calling you a name. Saying that you make a fool of yourself is pointing out a behavioral problem. And I believe calling LC a sham is definitely calling it, and the people who belong to it who are the church, names. But that's okay, because we know that God is working through LC, and Satan hates that and will attack it with everthing he has.

Incidentally, the measure of whether or not a church is a sham is how they follow the Bible in their teachings. Where in Craig's preaching does he go against the Word of God? His sermons are all available to view on line (www.lifechurch.tv) if you want to watch them (since you refuse to visit the church personally). LC makes itself wide open to scrutiny. Soon you will even be able to watch the worship services live via the internet.

Okie, I think you need to read the FAQ as well. I'm training professionally to read and interpret rules, so I'll defer to my own judgment in this matter. Your indirect proposition requires an assumption that is not inherent in the rule, mentioned, or discussed. I can call your ideas ignorant, but I cannot call you ignorant (and I believe the use of that word is verboten anyhow).

As to your standard, I summarily reject it. That may be your standard. Many people in the protestant churches follow that standard as well. It is not so iron-clad as what one might think. In the Bible, there is ambiguity on some rules. For example, many churches advocate speaking out against gays when they are supposed to love the sinner and hate the sin. Others do the opposite... who is right?

My church generally follows the Bible, but we do not worship it. It is not divine, nor is it perfect.

OkieBear Guest

So basically, Mid, what you're saying is that since you hold a different standard you won't even take the time to see what Craig's preaching is all about, even though it doesn't involve entering the church. So you're calling LC a sham without any direct knowledge or observation of it. That sure is being open minded.

Enough with the argumentative. Mods can we get this forum back to topic please!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Enough with the argumentative. Mods can we get this forum back to topic please!!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly. Let's get this thread back on topic......without the arguments.

Thank you Keith.

I'm not particularly a fan of packaged Christianity... especially the MegaChurch package. I personally find Church Marketing offensive and not at all Biblical but that is my personal opinion.

LifeChurch.TV was some great people, many friends that attend... but I would not worship there for reasons that I won't post on an interent message board.

Thanks for your honesty mwmcl, others including myself would prefer not to worship at most small churches. its good that we can agree to disagree and co-exist peacefully though

metro, not 4 posts ago (maybe I'm miscounting) you were pleading for this thread to remain on topic. Then, you post something off topic

I just thought I'd point that out.

Continue please.

Jack Guest

metro, not 4 posts ago (maybe I'm miscounting) you were pleading for this thread to remain on topic. Then, you post something off topic

I just thought I'd point that out.

Continue please.
    For some reason, metro has a history on here of correcting other people. It's a tad bit annoying. metro, if you have a problem with someone's post, contact a moderator.

Jack and Midtowner. I apologize if you were offended. As you know the topic was way out of proportion, in fact going into personal attacks such as Jack just exemplified towards me as well. Which is against the TOS of this site. I merely commented on the persons comments about Lifechurch being a megachurch and I stated that many of us megachurch attendees would not attend a small church for the same reasons, hence I didn't think it was that off topic. Anyhow, again I apologize for getting off topic and offending Midtowner and Jack. Please forgive me as this thread is obviously about Lifechurch.tv a megachurch.

Speaking of LIFECHURCH.TV, did Craig announce the exact location of the newest campus in NW OKC?? I was unable to attend this past weekend and will have to watch the service online although the promo's and such like this usually aren't on the online version so I was just curious if anyone knew.

metro, if you feel as if someone is personally attacking you, I implore you, report them.

As far as the megachurch thing goes, if you don't think it was off topic, how are you going to at the same time say that anything I've posted on this topic has been off topic? If you belong to a megachurch and read the Bible a lot, maybe you will know this. Is there anything in the Bible about double standards?

Here's an on-topic question... how do Life-Churchers make nicey-nice with Jesus' very own dislike for moneychangers in the temple when you yourselves are operating a gift shop?

OkieBear Guest

Here's an on-topic question... how do Life-Churchers make nicey-nice with Jesus' very own dislike for moneychangers in the temple when you yourselves are operating a gift shop?
    Midtowner, we covered this topic way back about mid-thread. Do you really want to rehash it again?

OkieBear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by metro
    Speaking of LIFECHURCH.TV, did Craig announce the exact location of the newest campus in NW OKC?? I was unable to attend this past weekend and will have to watch the service online although the promo's and such like this usually aren't on the online version so I was just curious if anyone knew.
    He didn't give the exact location. I've heard rumors, but they are unsubstantiated and therefore will not be revealed here. I Can't wait to hear, though.

16. Default Re: LifeChurchTV

"newest campus in NW OKC??"

I still can't understand a church being called a "campus." It's all part of this newfangled "Big Box" approach to Christianity. I guess "Northwest location" would not have sounded hip enough for this new branding and marketing of the poor, homeless carpenter. And another thing (since I'm grouchy on this gloomy day), I am tired of this Craig guy being so all-powerful. Self-appointed, I might add. It seems cultish to me. Of course, it's proving to be very profitable for Craig-The-Great.

OkieBear Guest

Quote Originally Posted by writerranger
    "newest campus in NW OKC??"

I still can't understand a church being called a "campus." It's all part of this newfangled "Big Box" approach to Christianity. I guess "Northwest location" would not have sounded hip enough for this new branding and marketing of the poor, homeless carpenter. And another thing (since I'm grouchy on this gloomy day), I am tired of this Craig guy being so all-powerful. Self-appointed, I might add. It seems cultish to me. Of course, it's proving to be very profitable for Craig-The-Great.
    I encourage you to check it out sometime. If it isn't for you, that's fine. If you decide to keep coming, then even better. We'd be happy to have you.

Keith Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBear
    Midtowner, we covered this topic way back about mid-thread. Do you really want to rehash it again?
    No, let's not rehash it. I think if everybody would go back to the beginning of this thread, and start reading the posts, I believe your questions will have already been answered. No reason in debating it all over again, because I really don't believe anybody's opinions have changed since this thread has started.

OkieBear....I am sending you an e-mail.

19. Default Re: LifeChurchTV

[quote=writerranger]

I still can't understand a church being called a "campus." It's all part of this newfangled "Big Box" approach to Christianity. quote]

If it was Christianity in a "box", then wouldn't everyone be happy with it... because that's just what most people try to do.. worship God in one specific way because that's the way they think He is and that's the way they think He should be talked about/worshipped. I think that God is way beyond the four walls of any building, and if we truly seek Him for who He is, then He will reveal Himself to us... whether you are in a church, a bar, your car or just running around outside. It's all an attitude of the heart, not where you worship or how you worship... it's all between you and your Creator, God.

believer Guest

I don't think I suggested that they were corrupt.

And yes, churches do change for the times... I mean the Catholic church back in the 60's actually started doing mass in the vernacular (it used to be done in Latin). We aso invented church corruption, but no matter

I don't question the motives of Mr. Groeschel, but I do question the hearts of the attendees of the church. Do they feel as if they must be entertained in order to attend a praise & worship service? A friend of mine in college worked at Life Church as a full time video editor.. All I'm saying is that personally, I think that it leads Christians away from the true message of Christianity -- forgiveness, love, etc. and instead turns the religion into a spectacle/social event.
    I am a regular attendee of LifeChurch SOKC and serve weekly in LifeKids. Questioning the HEARTS of the attendees at Life? You should take to heart the words you spoke about forgiveness, love, etc. I was raised Catholic and since going to Life, have found the meaning of christianity and have found a relationship with God. Every single person, including yourself, has the right to worship and praise in their own way.

21. Default Re: LifeChurchTV

Patrick, I think I agree with virtually every comment you made in this thread. Especially about mature believers may not be able to stay at LC too long, because they never dive deep into Scripture.

I do dissagree with one thing, though. Henderson Hills has not cheapened baptism with the special service. We had another one last weekend. People are invited to come-- IT IS NOT PRIVATE. There is NOTHING private about it. But, there are not 2,000 people there, either. Some people are terrified being in front of large crowds; some people are scared of water. There were still about 200 people there (mostly family members and small group friends of those being baptized). That would be large crowd in many churches. In addition, they showed each and every one of those baptisms this Saturday and Sunday during worship.

Did anyone catch the news this week that LifeChurch.tv has finally secured its NW OKC lease. They will be occupying the empty space in the Incredible Pizza building on NW Expressway. This is exciting news and much less of a drive for me. Also next week they plan on announcing another location (10th) and it will be out of state. My guess is New Orleans based on the hints I've seen but I could be wrong. I guess we'll have to go to church next week and find out.

Out of state?

So now they're into franchising?

No, they are not into franchising. They have several out of state campuses already. They are into saving lost lives across geographical borders. Jesus didn't come to save just Oklahoma but everyone. We all know your not big on lifechurch.tv Midtowner so give it a rest already, it's getting old, find something more productive to do. I don't know about the Bible you read but my Bible doesn't mention Heaven being segregated by any denominations, faiths, beliefs, viewpoints, etc.

lol.. so you want me to shut up while you promote this farce of a church? Not a chance.

Thread Information