Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice, PLEASE!

1. Default Advice, PLEASE!

Alright. Some please help me here.

How on EARTH does a single person meet other singles in the godforsaken wasteland of a state we live in? This is RIDICULOUS.

I've never experienced anything like this before...how do you meet singles around here?

I've been going to bars for only a couple weeks, but I'm SICK OF IT!

Is there anything around here besides work, school, & church?

No wonder everyone around here gets married as soon as they graduate from middle school...this is really frustrating and sad.

Does anyone from Oklahoma have suggestions?????

Oki_Man5 Guest

Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

"I got married in a fever; hotter than a pepper patch."

Oki_Man5 Guest

LOL I was going to put an emoticon, and I hit the wrong button.

Well! I did get married right after high school and Air Force Basic training (Well! Within six months of finishing basic training, but graduating high school was a couple years past.) But who is counting. It has been so long ago, I really do not remember when I got married.

I cannot imagine it being as bad as you say, but too, I cannot imagine looking in the bars either unless

For sure Daisy, seeing your pic, you look good, so the "curb appeal" is there LOL which would give the guys an opening unless you are so drop-dead gorgeous in real that the guys think you are unapproachable. Are you?

Yeah, could it just be you?

Hey, after reading this and thinking about it, by the way, I apologize for my crude remark about desperation, and now I have done it bringing that back up.

Hey, everyone else prob knows but I am wondering what part of the state you are in and what type work you do?????

I know it is not you, but I know this lady (not intimaely and no, I am not gonna hook u up with a lady. LOL) who brings to mind what you wrote; I have never thought about what she might do after hours for company, but she has "company" on an irregular basis ---LOL I am not saying she goes out to a bar and brings home a slobberin' drunk every night LOL---where might she find the guy, I have no idea.

Yeah, I just got to rambling---how could a guy who has been married at least 2/3 of his life without ever taking the time away from his building projects to even think of how he would go about finding companionship should the need arise. It is the wife who should be thinking about that since women outlive men u know.

I best shush, huh? Have a great day; it is windy here, so there is no putting any roofing on today; I will finish up the second sheet I put on Friday, and get another sheet ready for the next day it is not windy---whew! this roof is drawing to a close, and I will be so glad when it comes to that close,

Pete

Ok, and I know you really dont care to listen to what I have to say Daisy, but let me ask you this, was it any better in Ann Arbor? I personally dont think Oklahoma is a godforsaken wasteland. I have met alot nicer women in Oklahoma than I have met in Michigan. I really dont know what to tell you. Do you go to the bar alone? or with freinds? and for someone who told me you would not invite a guy who you know over for dinner, why then would you even want to meet a guy at a bar?

I can answer your question but first I need to know are you fat and ugly or just fat or just ugly or none of the above? This will help me answer your question.

6. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by In_Tulsa
    I can answer your question but first I need to know are you fat and ugly or just fat or just ugly or none of the above? This will help me answer your question.
    OMG! What on earth kind of a statement is that? I'm neither fat nor ugly, but what difference does that make?

Enroll in some college classes. No better way of meeting members of the opposite sex exists.

8. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by mariner62
    Ok, and I know you really dont care to listen to what I have to say Daisy, but let me ask you this, was it any better in Ann Arbor? I personally dont think Oklahoma is a godforsaken wasteland. I have met alot nicer women in Oklahoma than I have met in Michigan. I really dont know what to tell you. Do you go to the bar alone? or with freinds? and for someone who told me you would not invite a guy who you know over for dinner, why then would you even want to meet a guy at a bar?
    ummm cause a bar is a public place? and a guy that she might meet there wouldn't know where she lived in case he turned out to be a nutcase. Cause then the nutcase would know where she lived. The thought of better safe than sorry comes to mind.

9. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    Enroll in some college classes. No better way of meeting members of the opposite sex exists.
    I've actually thought about that. I'm just REALLY tired of school, though (and the student loans!!!) But it's a great suggestion!

10. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

SweetDaisy, I'm not sure how many eligible guys do this particular activity, but if they do, they would probably be someone you would want to meet. Have you thought about volunteering somewhere that might utilize a lot of volunteers? Something like Meals on Wheels or look here http://www.volunteermatch.org/bymsa/m5880/c/opp1.html or

http://www.1-800-volunteer.org/1800V...x.do?vcId=8319

There are so many openings for volunteers - wouldn't it be nice if you met someone who either volunteered or worked at one of these establishments - they would probably be really nice guys!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by kellekokid
    ummm cause a bar is a public place? and a guy that she might meet there wouldn't know where she lived in case he turned out to be a nutcase. Cause then the nutcase would know where she lived. The thought of better safe than sorry comes to mind.
    So is a courthouse a public place, but I would not recommend going there either to meet anyone. You never heard of a guy following a girl home from the bar? Guys at the bar usually have one thing in mind, one nighter's.

12. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

here's a thought
    maybe someone from out of state would like to meet new friends and not just a one night stand, thus the reason for the request for advice on where to meet singles.

I dont do one night stands Kellekokid, so I really hope this is not a dig at me.

14. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

It's not a dig at you, mariner. It's in reference to me, who used to live out of state, and who, incidentally, ranted about how hard it is to meet SINGLES (not one night stand).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    It's not a dig at you, mariner. It's in reference to me, who used to live out of state, and who, incidentally, ranted in the first place.

And since you don't LIVE HERE, I'm not sure how you're qualified to say anything about this subject.
    Your right Daisy, you win. I guess dating has a different set of guidelines for each state, what works in Ohio wont work in Texas and so on. It may be your attitude, cuz if you come across to the guys you try to meet like you do me you will be single a long time.

16. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Wow, Mariner. You're quite a guy. Thanks for your great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    Wow, Mariner. You're quite a guy. Thanks for your great advice.
    Sure, anytime. Now go get 'em tiger.

Oki_Man5 Guest

Wow! Pete ducks out the door and starts running for his life.

LOL..Pete. No need to run. I grew up with all sisters so I had to learn how to fight back thats all and since they never backed down I usually dont either.

Jay Guest

Mariner, Why do I get the feeling you have one of those downer personalities? It seems like you always have the need to bring people down to your level of despair.

21. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Hey now, Mariner is not a downer - he's actually a very nice guy ... in fact I think if him and SweetDaisy actually ever met, they might just hit it off nicely... it's so easy to write things from the safety of our computers... now everyone have a <<<< group hug >>>> and let's keep our friends that we have here, life's too short!
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Oki_Man5 Guest

May old married guys get in on that hug? Wife says she does not mind---actually she hopes it is ok cause she says she has hugged me all she ever intends to.

23. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Miss SwtDsy! You know that the 'corner' had some hunky single guys!!! Oh, wait.. did I say hunky?!? I wonder how many beers that would've taken! Did you make it to LC today?

24. Exclamation Re: Advice, PLEASE!

This is WAY off topic, I know, but I just wanted to say that I love that quote you have osupa!!!

25. Default Re: Advice, PLEASE!

Haha! Thanks! :~)

Thread Information