Widgets Magazine

Thread: weird food

1. Default weird food

What is the weirdest food you will eat?

One of mine would be peanut butter and ham sandwiches.

Default Re: weird food

Cheese Dorito's with mustard
    When it rains it pours... but when the blessings come they overflow!

MadMonk Guest

I like to dip pretzels in mustard. That doesn't seem weird enough though...

I'll try just about any food at least once though. My wife convinced me to try putting sour cream and onion Lay's chips in my tomato soup recently. It was pretty good, but I still prefer saltines in it or just plain.

I do have a goofy item that I like to make for an appetizer. Ham and Pickle rolls with cream cheese. It sounds weird but they are awesome.

Basically you take a slice of ham (the packaged kind thats more of a rectangle than a square. Pat it dry with a paper towel and spread a good layer of cream cheese on it. Take a dill pickle out of the jar (preferably chilled) and dry it off. Roll the pickle up in the ham and place a toothpick in it to keep it rolled up (if needed). Place it in the freezer for a few minutes to get it nice and cold and to help the cream cheese hold the roll. Take it out and slice it up into thin little medalions and serve. I usually gorge myself on the ends of the rolls as I'm making them. Slice a pickle up and eat the ends...slice a pickle up and eat the ends...repeat I've convinced several people to try them and they normally don't make it all the way through a party without being eaten.

I've had that appetizer, but it's usually with asparagus instead of pickles.

MadMonk Guest

I guess that just about any vegetable can be made better with the addition of ham and cream cheese.

6. Default Re: weird food

pickled pigs feet, is one I like. There were a couple others but haven't ate them in a long time don't member what they are. My g-ma makes a thing we call bread and tomatoes, she takes home canned tomatoes and bread puts in pot and heats it up, its pretty good.

7. Default Re: weird food

I don't think it's weird.. (but then that's because I'm probably just weird about everything!).. but I like creamy PB and Karo Corn syrup mixed up and eaten with saltine crackers.. it's yummy!!

8. Default Re: weird food

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk
    I like to dip pretzels in mustard. That doesn't seem weird enough though....
    I dip soft pretzels in mustard, but I also like to have a side of cheese to dip it in.

:spin:

Zoedith Guest

I make the ham and cream cheese appetizer with green onions, my family likes to call them pinwheels. The don't last very long.

I would try pretty much any kind of food. The thing I eat that some people think is weird is pickled herring.

10. Default Re: weird food

Sardines are good too and there are these things called kipper snacks which I guess are small fish those are good too.

11. Default Re: weird food

My niece recommended something today that I think is a bit odd. She likes Popcorn Chicken dipped in Cherry Slush.

I'm a big fan of french fries dipped in chocolate soft-serve.

12. Default Re: weird food

ooh. forgot about sour cream & onion potato chips on grilled cheese sandwiches. heck, any type of fried potato on a sandwich is good. (a fast food fave: french fries on a filet o' fish sandwich from McD's.)

13. Default Re: weird food

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    ooh. forgot about sour cream & onion potato chips on grilled cheese sandwiches. heck, any type of fried potato on a sandwich is good. (a fast food fave: french fries on a filet o' fish sandwich from McD's.)
    So, you're the one person who orders the Filet O' Fish from McD's. Brave woman!!

:spin:

14. Default Re: weird food

not the only one, that's one of my all time favorites - Filet of Fish.. I found a mickeydees that sold a Double Decker Filet of Fish - thought I'd died and gone to heaven ( of course that could be literal if I ate too many of those! lol)
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I too eat the fish sandwich from the golden arches. Is the double somewhere close Karried?? Since they shrunk them I have to get 2!! Ham and cheese with grape jelly on the odd food. I don't think it's odd but my daughter does!

16. Default Re: weird food

YAY! Filet O'Fish eaters unite!

Sometime, try one layer of french fries on the side where the tartar sauce is. It's YUMMY.

Ugh...now I'm craving Filet O'Fish.

17. Default Re: weird food

I broke down and had my Filet o' fish tonite...with a layer of french fries on top! YAY!

Oki_Man5 Guest

That sounds "fishy" to me.

19. Default Re: weird food

count me in on the filet 'o fish team too! Although I haven't thought of layering them either with each other or fries...might have to have that for lunch tomorrow. I like the fries dipped in a choc. shake too.

All this weird food talk reminds me of something my dad would eat...I think he must have thought of it as dessert but anytime we would have green beans he would pour the left over juice onto white bread and eat that like it was cake or something ugh! I had to leave the table cause I just couldn't stand to see him eat that mush.

20. Default Re: weird food

oh man.. I absolutely love the stuff that's left over from heated up green beans with cheese melted over them... it's a kind of soup that's soooo good with a piece of bread to soak it all up... It's one of the reason why I even eat green beans and cheese... and it's far from mush..haha! ;~) Another good white bread soak.. is in the white gravy leftover from chicken fried steal and gravy.. I'd skip the cfs just to eat the bread and gravy!

You eat cheese on green beans?!?!?!?!? I've never heard of that.

22. Default Re: weird food

oh man.. cheese makes EVERYTHING better.. except chocolate.. it's already good enough! Try it sometime! A little velvetta (spl?) on a can of drained green beans... zap it in the clothes dryer..aka the microwave! And, then when you've polished it off.. slip a slice of bread into the dish to soak up the cheesy soup-like remanents (spl?)... I think I might just have some for lunch!!! Chow! (pun intended)

Thread Information