Widgets Magazine

Thread: Appology

1. Default Apology

Recently, we had a discussion on a VERY controversial topic that got a bit heated.. Too heated. I was a part of that heat because of a strong stance on one side of the issue.

I do not take blame for the heat, however, I did toss some back. In public and in private.

Therefore, although I will not issue an apology for my feelings and my right to express my side of the issue, I DO issue an apology for the topic getting out of hand.

It is therefore, my suggestion, that we try to stay away from topics such as that particualr one and refrain from using certain euphinisms to discribe someone with opposing viewpoints.

I will work to avoid this from happening again. For one, I am quite passionate about my views and am easily offended by some comments.

Let us now move ahead.
    Last edited by Patrick; 09-27-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Default Re: Appology

At the risk of me looking so vain that I probably think that this thread is about me, I'll bite

Anderson, no worries. I'm not inclined to take things said on internet message boards personally. I hope no one else is either. I actually don't mind a heated debate.

If I was pushing buttons or whatnot, I'm sorry. I understand how you feel about that particular subject. I guess I was looking for a little more on why you felt the way you did/do. Perhaps I should be satisfied with an answer that my parents used to give when I was little: "Because I said so"

No need to apologize for disagreeing as long as you have a good reason to support your beliefs

In the future, feel free to call me anything you want. Just be prepared to be asked why

And it may not come as any surprise to you, but my nickname at a past job was "pompous-ass".

~~*DarlingDiva*~~ Guest

Thanks to both of you guys .I appreciate you settling this subject.I will let you know that my topics at times will be a little edgey and I have had a lot of compliments actually people think its exciting and brings a little something different to the table.Anyway It is never my intention to offend anyone just to get differnet points of view on hypothetical situations.Thanks again guys.

Patrick Guest

Hey guys, thanks for both being professionals about this and solving it. Although I am one of the moderators here, I will let things go for a bit...but I do want you to know, if you ever have a problem on this forum, feel free to contact me. I can provide some good tips on how to deal with the situation, and I don't mind stepping in. But, I also don't want to appear overbearing and I want to allow people to debate to a point.

Anyways, on the threads that were getting a little heated, we went ahead and closed the threads. Nothing personal, just didn't want it to get anymore heated. Anyways, just always remember, we all have different opinions here. That's what makes this forum so fun! But, it's not worth getting all heated over. By the way, I'm speaking to myself as well.
    In the future, I encourage this......if something really makes you mad, step back for awhile and don't reply. Posting out of anger, will only stir up the fire.
    If you really feel like something needs to be done about the situation, please send me a PM before making a reply. Maybe we can talk about and I can help resolve the situation. That's what I'm here for. I know DarlingDiva is happy to serve you in the same capacity, as she's a moderator on this site as well.

Anyways, I do appreciate you guys for acting in such a professional manner in this post. I praise both of you for bringing this issue to an end peacefully.

Thanks, and let's continue the renaissance.

Patrick, I never felt that it got heated from my end. I'd be happy to continue that discussion with anyone via PM if they'd like. It is one of those subjects that ranks with abortion as to how worthless it can be to discuss. People are often very emotionally invested in their points of view.

ETA: A review of the TOS doesn't really provide for me justification as to why the thread was locked down except that mods may do so at their discretion. I'll respecfully disagree with that decision. I'm sure that someone someday may have something to add to the topic. There was no name calling (please note when he called me a Liberal, I was joking when I said name calling was a violation of the TOS), there were no personal attacks, just an exchange of ideas where the two parties had fairly irreconcilable ideas. I respect your decision. That's your perogative as a mod.

Patrick Guest

We just kind of felt the topic was going in circles. Felt it was time to move on. As you said, I think we know everyone's opinion on the topic now. I just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to express their opinion. After that, I just felt like we were beating a dead horse. Most people have their minds made up on certain issues and we're not gonig to change their opinion, so I felt that after the opinions were expressed, it wasn't worth really going further. I guess I jsut didn't want it to get heated.

Anyways, I thank you guys for expressing your opinions on that topic.

Thread Information