Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Relocation to OKC

Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

Broadway village is also pretty bad. when I lived there there were drugs in different part of the complex. police were out there all the time. im pretty sure there was a meth lab. thats been about 3 to 4 years. but when i have been driving past it, it still looks no that well kept.

I don't like Edmond. Too much traffic, no plan for expansion except to maximize the profits of developers.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

Jack Guest

I don't like Edmond either. Getting in and out of Edmond sucks.

its ok. certain parts of edmond is ok. traffic is getting worse.

5. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

I researched cities for months before choosing Edmond. I'm so glad I did.

Yeah, the traffic is congested at times but that's because there are so many retail choices, eating establishments and so many people have chosen to move here.

I like Edmond but that's because I feel it's a great family oriented place to raise children and give them a quality education. I think families and people who have children can better appreciate good schools and safe 'somewhat boring' suburban areas. Not to mention, I like the statistics for educated professionals living here and the low crime rates.

If I didn't have children, I might like the excitement of downtown or the fun of a college town like Norman, but I have to think about the best place to raise my family which I believe is here, some don't - that's fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Well Karrie..I think you made a wise choice myself in relocating where you did.

7. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

Back to the topic at hand:

Steer clear of the complexes south of Memorial Rd. There are about 10 of them. A couple are okay, but most are not. And with the neighbors not being good, the good ones can go downhill fast. None of them are Class A anyway (built in 70s and early 80s). Stick north of Memorial Rd with Quail Landing, Stoneleigh on May (both on May Ave), or Sycamore Farms (on Penn Ave). If you want to be in actual Edmond, the two mentioned earlier as Class A in Edmond are good. You would be okay renting from any of these 5 sight-unseen. But, if you are going to make a trip out here, if this is the area you want to be in, I am sure you will end up at one of these 5 complexes.

8. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

brianok - I agree completely with your recommended apartment complexes... anything North of Memorial is okay - May - North of Memorial is very nice.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

9. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

newpoint,

Remember if you are using Google Earth, those images are from 2002 for the Oklahoma City metro area. I can tell by what isn't there on Google Earth.

And, some streets have been widened in that area, such as Western between Memorial and NW 150th. NW 150th is undergoing improvements between Western and Pennsylvania as we speak.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

10. Talking Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

Edmond is a great place to live, but Moore is the leading growth suburb in OKC currently. In fact, Moore led all suburbs in housing starts the past two years. I liken Moore to Edmond in the 1990's. It's THE place to be despite it's recent reputation for tornadoes. The Moore School District is on par with Edmond and Deer Creek. It has always had a great reputation for it's schools. Moore is also the third largest school district in the state. So, Edmond is not the only place to be in the metro.

11. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

This thread is almost a year old, and I found it through a search engine when looking for info about Quail Landing apartments. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them online. I haven't seen any other apartments as nice that are in the same price range online. I am moving to OKC in December, and I'm wondering if Quail Landing is still a great place to live. I've heard nothing but nice things about it (online)! I just hope they have the apartment I need available when I move! We're calling Monday!

Any information and opinions about Quail Landing a year later is appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrick Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
    This thread is almost a year old, and I found it through a search engine when looking for info about Quail Landing apartments. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them online. I haven't seen any other apartments as nice that are in the same price range online. I am moving to OKC in December, and I'm wondering if Quail Landing is still a great place to live. I've heard nothing but nice things about it (online)! I just hope they have the apartment I need available when I move! We're calling Monday!

Any information and opinions about Quail Landing a year later is appreciated!

Thanks!
    I looked into them a few years ago and turned them down for a number of reasons. First, being so close to the mall, the mall traffic would've annoyed the heck out of me. Second, I thought they were overpriced. There's nothing really special about them that makes them any differnet than any other new apartment complex. The fact that they were built on a prairie pasture gives them absolutely no character whatsoever.

That all being said, they'd probably be pretty nice apartments if you have the money to afford them and don't mind the same ole same ole. Also it's important to note that are amongst many other apartments in the vicinity, so expect a variety of people.

13. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

Oh, also, what would traffic be like from there to Integris Southwest Medical Center, for example? Google Maps estimates 22 minutes driving time, but that depends on traffic! Thank you so much!

14. Default Re: Possible Relocation to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I looked into them a few years ago and turned them down for a number of reasons. First, being so close to the mall, the mall traffic would've annoyed the heck out of me. Second, I thought they were overpriced. There's nothing really special about them that makes them any differnet than any other new apartment complex. The fact that they were built on a prairie pasture gives them absolutely no character whatsoever.

That all being said, they'd probably be pretty nice apartments if you have the money to afford them and don't mind the same ole same ole. Also it's important to note that are amongst many other apartments in the vicinity, so expect a variety of people.
    Thanks! May I ask which ones you chose instead? Or which ones you would consider better? I'm open, I've just seen some really scary ones online and when I saw these it was like !

You could probably make it in 22 min. if you are going by helicopter or there is absolutely no traffic. On a normal traffic day, you got problems. Those apts. are on the far north side and Integris is south side.

yahoo12 Guest

Edmond is probably the best suburb in the entire state. People like it there.

Thread Information