Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma's first licensed distillery

Patrick Guest

Default Oklahoma's first licensed distillery

I found this off another site:

"In case you didn't know, at the end of last year, Oklahoma licensed it's first distillery. Old-Russia Distillery and Spirits (www.old-russia.com). Currently they make one product: Metore's Ultra-Premium Vodka. The name Metore's is the owners wife's family name. She is from Russia.

They are in the old Fred Jones building downtown. They have about 5,000 square feet and are considered a micro-distillery. They make their vodka in very small batches using premium ingredients and filtering their vodka at least 10x. You can buy it at several larger liquor stores. Byron's has it for about $23. "

2. Default Re: Oklahoma's first licensed distillery

That is cool. Fred Jones is turning out to be quite a cool small business center. First, that movie production company. Now this. Along with downtownguy's suggestion of a Film Row, the far east arts district could become a creative industry center, a nice complement to the arts district Instead of Lower Bricktown, it could be the West Arts Business District or The Left Side.
    Continue the Renaissance

Patrick Guest

Default Re: Oklahoma's first licensed distillery

Knowing how much Okies love Dallas, I could see them naming that area "West End." LOL!

Bradley Guest

Gosh its been awhile - sorry - so much to do...

I wanted to let you guys know that the film office in the Fred Jones building is no longer there. They relocated to another location somewhere north. That was Crazy Fish Films, btw.

I hope to get back here more often.

Patrick Guest

Thanks for the update Bradley, and it's great to see you back on the site.

6. Post Re: Oklahoma's first licensed distillery

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Knowing how much Okies love Dallas, I could see them naming that area "West End." LOL!
    I thought the area west of the arts district was coined, WEST TOWNE (or WESTOWNE).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information