Widgets Magazine

Thread: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

1. Default Downtown Housing Mega Thread

All these downtown housing options and projects really have me excited. I thought that I would start a thread that included all of the announced projects. I know there are many threads talking about these, but I figured it would make for some fun discussion if a mega thread was created.

Please add any projects that I left off the list. I basically pulled everything off of downtownokc.com and then added the other projects that I could think of. This is an amazing time for OKC.

5th Avenue Lofts
    Apartments, Housing

The Montgomery
    Apartments, Housing, Meeting Space

Deep Deuce at Bricktown
    Apartments, Housing

Garage Loft Apartments
    Apartments, Housing

Regency Tower
    Apartments, Housing

Legacy at Arts Central
    Apartments, Housing
    Under Construction

Block 42
    Condominium/Townhouse, Housing
    Under Construction

Central Avenue Villas
    Presale begins Aug. 2006

The Hill
    Under Construction

The Triangle
    Under Construction

Other Projects:

Park Harvey Center, Kerr-McGee Buildings (3), The Classen, Harvey Lofts (Wesley Hospital), The Film Exchange, Bricktown Entertainment LLC (Five Story Building), 125 Park...

It is crazy to look at that entire list and think that there will be that many housing options downtown in the near future. It will be interesting to see how The Triangle is developed and how many units it adds in total. The conceptual stuff on their web site looks pretty sweet, but it will be amazing to watch that become a reality. This is an exciting time for OKC.

What are your thoughts and dreams about what OKC will be like in 5 years? Where do you think downtown housing will pop up next?

It seems that around St. Anthony's is starting to shape up. I would love to see more residential built around that area in midtown. In 5 years, I see a few 10 plus story residential developments popping up around downtown. It will be awesome to watch retail develop in these areas. Housing will attract retail, retail will attract housing... more entertainment will become available.

Please add your thoughts, this is a thread for dreamers. Lay out your vision for the future.

2. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

One correction: I don't think that 125 is a residential project - I believe it is office lofts.

Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

Yeah 125 Park and The Film Exchange aren't housing, they are office developments. There are several other projects under way that I can't announce yet though.

4. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

My bad, I was just skimming through the skyline snapshot and saw the word loft...

When will these other projects be announced? Do you have any clue as to when the Triangle might be totally completed?

Depends on the economy. It's all relevant. If anyone had an exact estimate they would be filthy rich. Projects come and go and some fall through. Only time will tell

6. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

Actually, on The Film Exchange, it says that there will be six residential lofts on the second floor. Did they change that plan?

7. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

I think the next big thing (in a few years) will be along the Oklahoma River. When projects start finishing up and the river becomes more popular, it'll start to be a big deal, I think. Especially with proximity to downtown/bricktown, which seems to be more popular every day.

8. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

I think they should create a short light rail link from Bricktown to the river area as to give more tourists the opportunity to experiance the true beauty of OKC. I know the water taxis are going to be going along the river, but I don't believe there will be a shuttle from the canal to the river. Correct me if I am wrong. Also, I wish some one would do something with many of the vacant buildings on Robinson going south to the river and almost make it like the main corridor from downtown to the river. I can picture it in my mind but with it being such a seedy area between there I can't really picture it happening.

9. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

There is a new rail transit plan from the OKC Planning Department that will come out early next year. I don't think that particular route is included, but it's a good idea.

The river will almost connect to the canal except for the change in elevation. there will be a short walk between the two

A lot of the buildings you are talking about will be torn down during the new I-40 construction.
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

Just found a few web sites for some of the Triangle residential developments. They look amazing...

Central Avenue Villas
    http://www.centralavenuevillas.com/

The Brownstones at Maywood Park
    http://www.reinventokc.com/

Harvey Lofts
    http://www.harveyloftsokc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Just found a few web sites for some of the Triangle residential developments. They look amazing...
    Thanks for the links. You're right, it all looks very nice.

Patrick Guest

Too bad these folks wouldn't have won the rights to develop The Hill. Again, just shows the corrupt nature of OCURA.

Patrick Guest

By the way, Harvey Lofts make the up and coming Bricktown condo building look sick. McDermid and company need to teach Hogan how to design an urban development. Too bad McDermid couldn't get involved in Bricktown.

Some of you asked, here's an update:

http://newsok.com/article/1829899/

15. Default Re: Downtown Housing Mega Thread

I'm pretty sure Harvey Lofts is not part of the Triangle. It's over behind First Baptist in Midtown. I saw a sign for it last week.
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Thread Information