Thread: Baked Cranberry Recipe

1. Default Baked Cranberry Recipe

Baked Cranberry Sauce

1 lb. fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
    1 1/2 C. pecans
    1 C. flaked coconut
    1 C. orange marmalade
    1/4-1/2 water

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
    Pour, into a greased 11x7x2 in. baking dish.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30
    minutes. or until cranberries are tender.
    Serve warm of cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
    Yield: 10 servings.

(My family preferred this good and cold!)

2. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

A good main dish that the cranberry dish could accompany is:

Pork Tenderloin with Stuffing

4 celery ribs, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    2 Tbls. butter
    6 C. cubed day-old bread (1/2 in cubes)
    (cubed style stuffing would work too)
    1/2 teas. salt
    1/4 teas. pepper
    2 pork tenderloins ( 1 lb. each)
    2 Tbls. vegetable oil

In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery mixture, salt and pepper, set aside.

Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic. Flatten to 1/2 in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on both sides over medium-high heat. Spoon stuffing onto one tenderloin. Top with the second tenderloin; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees. for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into meat reads 160 degrees. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.

3. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

These sound amazing, Kellekokid. I think we'll give this a try for Christmas dinner this year (I'm totally over turkey!). Thanks for the recommendations and recipes!

4. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by kellekokid
    Baked Cranberry Sauce

1 lb. fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
    1 1/2 C. pecans
    1 C. flaked coconut
    1 C. orange marmalade
    1/4-1/2 water

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
    Pour, into a greased 11x7x2 in. baking dish.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25-30
    minutes. or until cranberries are tender.
    Serve warm of cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
    Yield: 10 servings.

(My family preferred this good and cold!)
    Time for my red pen to come out....
    I posted this later at night, went over it again just now. That should be 1/4-1/2 CUPwater. I just didn't want anyone to try this and think it was teaspoon. I'm usually not a big fan of Cranberry dishes, but this one got me this year.

5. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

Kellekokid! I made these two items for Christmas dinner, and they were a hit! Thank you SOOOO much for posting them.

The only problem I had was with the stuffing in the porkloin. There wasn't enough liquid to moisten the bread before layering it inside the meat, and I ended up with something akin to croutons near the openings. Any suggestions?

6. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

I'm so glad you tried these and liked them! They are both new favorites for my family this year.
    I double checked the recipe for the tenderloin just to make sure I didn't leave any thing out on it as in liquid! I didn't, so I guess all I can suggest is to add some, maybe a 1/4 cup or there about or what ever seems best. Personally I don't like the cubed style stuffing but the regular Pepperidge Farm stuffing in the bag (usually mix the cornbread and herb together) I wonder if that would help the "crouton" affect at the ends of the tenderloin. I wonder too if a little foil just over the ends would help...

7. Default Re: Baked Cranberry Recipe

Hmmm...good suggestions for the crouton affect. I'll just keep trying it until I perfect the receipe. Again, we just LOVED them. Thank you!

Thread Information