Widgets Magazine

Thread: Cheba Hut

Uptown/23rd Cheba Hut

A new sub chain has leased a large space just east of Dunkin Donuts on 23rd.

They certainly have an interesting business model and I suspect more locations will be coming to the OKC area. In addition to the food, they will also have a full bar.

ABOUT CHEBA HUT TOASTED SUBS
    Cheba Hut is a “Toasted” sub concept that has been curing munchies since its start in 1998. Founder Scott Jennings decided to showcase the harmony between great tasting food and … well, a very specific counter-culture. The menu features over 30 signature sub sandwiches, as well as a variety of Rice Krispy treats, salads and munchies. Most locations also offer craft beer bars that feature local beers from neighborhood breweries.

What really sets Cheba Hut apart, though, can only be experienced in our shops. We combine homegrown food with real people in a relaxed environment. Escape the established.
    https://chebahut.com/

2. Default Re: Cheba Hut

This looks tasty, especially the vegetarian option with the marijuana leaf!

Default Re: Cheba Hut

"If you're high, we'll fly!"

The entire premise reads like an SNL skit.

4. Default Re: Cheba Hut

It looks delicious

Pretty solid business model to locate adjacent to a weed store.......

They are amazing, I frequent every time I got to Colorado. The subs are out of this world!

This makes me so happy I never thought I’d see the day. I have friends in Colorado & I make sure we hit the hut at some point every time we visit.

LFG!!!! Went to Cheba Hut in like 2013 in Boulder! So pumped OKC is getting one!!! What a perfect spot hopefully they stay open late Fridays and Saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    LFG!!!! Went to Cheba Hut in like 2013 in Boulder! So pumped OKC is getting one!!! What a perfect spot hopefully they stay open late Fridays and Saturdays!
    Looks like their locations are open to midnight every night; 2AM on Fridays and Saturdays.

I'm not really into the weed culture aspect of it, but I gotta admit those sandwiches look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like their locations are open to midnight every night; 2AM on Fridays and Saturdays.
    That is great news!!

Oh heck yea, this place is going to kill. Even their treats are really good. Basically stoner recipes across the menu.

can't wait to get my Jamaican Red, Garlic Cheese Bread, and a krispy bar locally!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Oh heck yea, this place is going to kill. Even their treats are really good. Basically stoner recipes across the menu.
    What’s a stoner recipe? Maybe I’m more influenced by stoner culture than I realize but I’m not seeing anything that stands out as “this is stoner stuff” besides the counter-culture marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    What’s a stoner recipe? Maybe I’m more influenced by stoner culture than I realize but I’m not seeing anything that stands out as “this is stoner stuff” besides the counter-culture marketing.
    Rice Krispy treat doesn't stand out, lol? Like, all of this would make delicious stoner food. When I was young and broke, a simple package of Ramen tasted like a rare delicacy when the munchies took hold.

16. Default Re: Cheba Hut

Is Cheba looking anywhere else in the Metro? Edmond or Norman?

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Is Cheba looking anywhere else in the Metro? Edmond or Norman?
    I would assume so but have not heard anything specific.

Will be keeping an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Goo balls are a pretty classic stoner item at festivals. Usually heavily laced with thc.

Thread Information