Widgets Magazine

Thread: Am i better off Stripping down a car or sending it as is to scrap

Question Am i better off Stripping down a car or sending it as is to scrap

I was wondering if I am better off Stripping down a car or sending it as is to scrap and if sending the car to scrap is the thing where can i get the most. also if i choose to strip down the car where are some places that will buy the parts from me

2. Default Re: Am i better off Stripping down a car or sending it as is to scrap

The only way I would part out a car would be if it has lots of good parts. Then I would sell the parts myself online. Otherwise I'd get an idea of what Pull A Part would buy it for. And what a scrap metal yard would give for weight.

Default Re: Am i better off Stripping down a car or sending it as is to scrap

It is not worth messing with trying to break up a car if you are not experienced at it. A single car going across the scales at someplace like Metal Chex will go for a couple hundred dollars. And you must have the title. If you take off the converters, battery, radiator and AC condenser you might gross an additional $50-100. And that will take you 2 to 3 hours of hard, dirty labor with some power tools.

Thread Information