Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

Moore Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

There is a major election coming up on November 14 regarding the 2023 Go Bond in Moore with several improvements

including the following

Resurfacing NW 27th St from Santa Fe Ave to Eastern Ave Including a new intersection at Shields Blvd and Janeway Ave intersection. Improvements include necessary curb and guttering, storm drainage improvements, sidewalks, streetscape and utility line replacement

shields-27th.jpg

Broadway Ave Improvements from SE 19th St to SE 34th St Improvements include a redesign of the S Broadway, Tower Dr, SE 19th St Intersection

image_2023-09-18_163043698.jpg

s-broadway-eastern-willow-pine.jpg

s-19th-tower-broadway-intersection-eastern-phase-2 (1).jpg

Eastern will also have improvements from Broadway Ave to SW 34th St. SW 34th st from the Little River to Eastern will be repaved also a new intersection with a signal at SW 34th and S Eastern Ave.
    sw-34th-little-river-eastern-ave.jpg

Also there will be a Citywide Arterial Repair and Maintenance with improvements on E Main from Broadway Ave to Eastern Ave.

Other Improvements include

• Upgrading the Intersection at SW 19th St and Santa Fe Ave to have 2 Turn Lanes
    • S Telephone Rd Pavement from SW 19th to SW 34th St

santa-fe-and-sw-19th-st-intersection.jpg

resurfacing-telephone-road_0.jpg

More Information can be fount at the City of Moore website. as well as their YouTube Channel https://www.cityofmoore.com/governme...ovember14_2023
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCak...1dyEoj7TmLlqHw

Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

All of these are great projects.

3. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

Anyone else notice it's mostly focused on the South section.....like most of it was in the past too?

I'd like to see Eastern, north of Main, given a turn lane and given a better resurfacing than a few patch jobs. South of Main, they've torn out and started all over.

Just feeling like us North folks could use a little love too.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Anyone else notice it's mostly focused on the South section.....like most of it was in the past too?

I'd like to see Eastern, north of Main, given a turn lane and given a better resurfacing than a few patch jobs. South of Main, they've torn out and started all over.

Just feeling like us North folks could use a little love too.
    Did you see N 27th St is getting redone from Santa Fe Ave to Eastern Ave

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the southern projects still having room to do so with less development so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrsports View Post
    I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the southern projects still having room to do so with less development so far.
    Might as well before it gets too cramped

7. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Did you see N 27th St is getting redone from Santa Fe Ave to Eastern Ave
    Yes, but what else? 27th between Eastern and Bryant is a bumpy pile that really needs to be 4 lanes.
    Like I mentioned before, Eastern between 27th and Main needs a turn lane and REAL resurfacing.
    12th between 35 and Eastern is awful. It's one big concrete bump that needs a shave.

The list keeps going. I'm not expecting it all to get done at the same time, but i think a bit more balance is needed to "spread the love" around the city. It feels like regularly, the funds are tipped to the South.

I think that they are working on the south side of Moore to get prepared for additional traffic and development that may come with the turnpike that will run parallel to Indian Hills in a few years.

I agree with this. They’re also doing what they should be doing and getting that widen before major development comes in the area from the turnpike.

I think they’re going to try to get that southside done and then maybe in a couple of years we could see some more northern streets get done. I think Bryant from 19th all the way to 27th needs widened. 12th street from Oklahoma City city limits on the west side to Bryant on East also needs to be repaved I also think they need to add a hawk signal on Santa Fe Ave in between SW 4th and NW 12th as the two schools are down there. Preferably near the elementary school because traffic is really bad when they let out also may be a traffic signal at Northwest 5th and the name of the Hawks signal down towards the junior high also several neighborhood streets in that Area need to be repaved and some would benefit from sidewalks as well

I also think it would be beneficial if they add sidewalks and protected bike lanes along 19th from Eastern to Sunnylane. Also More might want to look at annexing some of the land down near Indian Hills in between I 35 and Santa Fe Avenue. so they could benefit from some of the direct turnpike growth

12. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

With the pending turnpike, it only matters if they put exists in. Or even a frontage road.

On the NE turnpike up from 40, there are only a couple of exists the whole length, and ZERO frontage road. So there is no where to spur development from. If you can't get on/off the road, then it's not a development creator. So we'll have to see how that whole thing ends up working out. I'm sure it will eventually get built, but what it looks like in the end, could be very different from what we saw. What i dont think we'll see is an exit every mile.

Agree with all of the above.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see significant development at the corner of Indian Hills and telephone in the next 5 years or so.

Agree with all these improvements as well. Though I’d like to see full length center turn lanes on telephone and all other big four lane roads. Maybe it’s me, but silver star construction road building has a lot to be desired from driving around Moore roads for the last 20 years

I've always wondered who the the person with the city, or state that drives some of these roads before they are opened to the public and says "I guess it's good enough" and then signs off on the project.

When they redid 4th street between eastern and sunnylane a few years ago, they seemed to have scraped the top off and left it as is. I’m not a road construction expert, but when I drive on streets in OKC, they are light years better. I know silver star is a local company, but I haven’t been a fan of their work for years.

17. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    I've always wondered who the the person with the city, or state that drives some of these roads before they are opened to the public and says "I guess it's good enough" and then signs off on the project.
    I always wonder who the person is that inspects the quality of the work after too. All over the state, they seem to have failed. That 240 work right at Shields is more bumpy now than it was before. And you could actually SEE the huge clumps of dirt they didn't level out before they slapped the asphalt on top. I thought surely someone is going to drive this and make them fix it? Nope.

Maybe inspection on the contract just doesn't get that detailed for re-doing work??

I will vote for it, it needs to happen

A Few Things Before you vote

1. For the Citywide Arterial Repair and Maintenance project, They Include the Following
    -NW 5th St from I-35 to Broadway
    -S Bryant Ave near Veterans Park

there is likely more that are not currently announced. i will update the map in different posts

2. as some of you may know. Oklahoma City Will Annex SW 19th from Hudson to Santa Fe on November 26th. what i have heard from the City of Moore regarding the Engineering/Design/Resurfacing Santa Fe Ave & SW 19th St. Oklahoma City will do their portion in Summer 2024 and Moore will do its Portion right after if passed

Was at my polling place today around 11 to cast my yes vote and was told I was voter # 11 to come into today..... It could be easy to swing this one either way with so few people voting on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    Was at my polling place today around 11 to cast my yes vote and was told I was voter # 11 to come into today..... It could be easy to swing this one either way with so few people voting on this.
    I just got back from the polling place and I was the only one there, I think it will easily pass

I checked the results and it passed with 1,250 votes to 967 votes, I am glad it passed

23. Default Re: Major Improvement Election on November 14 in Moore (2023 Go Bond)

That's what, 77%? Out of 60k+ people, 1250 is pretty sad though.

I'm still disappointed that there is so much focus in one area and that the quality of workmanship we're getting is sub-par. I didn't go vote this time, but i would have voted yes even if I'm annoyed. It's still part of Moore that I support. I just with the "love" got spread around a little better and with better contractors.

I'm still disappointed that there is so much focus in one area and that the quality of workmanship we're getting is sub-par. I didn't go vote this time, but i would have voted yes even if I'm annoyed. It's still part of Moore that I support. I just with the "love" got spread around a little better and with better contractors.
    The problem is that I do not think anyone knows about the voting so that is why only 1,217 people voted

I agree about the contractors. It's time to start looking at a company who produces quality work and not just give the job to the hometown company.

Thread Information